SAU Community

Hks Japan 2.8 Engine Build

HEHE

:thumbsup:

Guess, when you get it tuned from HKS them selfs, it a bit hard to find a replacement

if you do find a place in and around brisbane or getting someone down to tune in December and Jan, let us know... there fare few F-COn people in here, that might want to get there's tuned as well

Yep definitely hard to find but hopefully my tuner will come out for a bit of holiday sometime next year and do a bit of tuning here and there.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you need to put a carbon front lip on to match them then they will look good

Yeah that was what I was thinking but have stayed away from that as already have gone through one FRP Top Secret lip from scraping the crap out of it and the cars not that low as only running Nismo S-Tune Suspension.

I'm pretty 50/50 decided on the exterior carbon as prefer cars with more sleeper/standard look .

id suggest keep the mirriors as they are and get rid of the grill

but to make it look a little better id sugget a carbon wing blade, that way the mirrors wont stand out or look out of place

or maybe even just do the front lip in black with the carbon wing aswell

Stock exterior with the front lower lip in black. Clean, simple and stock :(

Yeah I think thats way I'll keep it but not sure on the black lip.

Thats genuine plastic lip on there now. I kept it stock black for awhile but didnt like it so painted it white.

Seems like the tow truck guys who delivered it after compliance didnt like it white and decided to help me remove some paint.

Oh well looks like I'll have Nismo 400R front bar a Nismo lip for sale soonish.

If your in Brisbane and need a tune, GT Auto Garage @ Newmarket..... They are a pro HKS dealer and Dave the tuner there is top notch with fcon. I have a Fcon Pro and i have no faults whatso ever. Check out my build and see what they have done for me.

I don't know of other tuners that travel to HKS factory to learn product information and recieve training, esp with tuning.

Edited by dahandfull

If your in Brisbane and need a tune, GT Auto Garage @ Newmarket..... They are a pro HKS dealer and Dave the tuner there is top notch with fcon. I have a Fcon Pro and i have no faults whatso ever. Check out my build and see what they have done for me.

I don't know of other tuners that travel to HKS factory to learn product information and recieve training, esp with tuning.

Looking into these guys as if I can keep the Fcon I'd prefer to as just need some mods to the tune to run on Oz fuel Octane.

Thanx :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

MORE PICS

2010412768.jpg

2010412769.jpg

2010412850.jpg

2010412851.jpg

2010412858.jpg

2010412852.jpg

2010412853.jpg

2010412854.jpg

2010412904.jpg

2010412905.jpg

2010412906.jpg

KOYO ALLOY RADIATOR

2010412855.jpg

2010412856.jpg

MEISTER AT WORK DOING NEW WIRING

2010412857.jpg

2010412859.jpg

2010412890.jpg

2010412891.jpg

CUSTOM PIPING WITH ADAPTER For HKS BlOW OFF VALVE

2010412903.jpg

2010412907.jpg

2010412908.jpg

2010412909.jpg

2010412910.jpg

PIPING AND BLOW OFF VALVE FITTED

2010412921.jpg

2010412936.jpg

Awesome man. I had a chance to see this beast in real life (Thanks for the Clutch dude!) and it looks 19032821907408317480932784x more amazing infront of you. The piping kit and 2.8L stroker looks damn sexy. Oh yea and the Kansai strut bar!

Look forward to seeing you in the future during the club activities.

Just read the whole build and am pretty impressed to say the least. Hows the car going now thats its been back in OZ for a while. Any new developments?

Cale

This is a very interesting build compared to what I am building, your is Jap Spec mine is Oz spec, id love to see what the dyno print out would look like when its done here in OZ, as you know the dyno they use in japan is alot different unless they have used the same type.

Cheers

Bobby

• 1 month later...

I have not looked at this for awhile as been occupied with medical dramas with my misso and have been in Japan and Korea since just after the earthquake except for a 2 week hit back to Oz.

Car has not had much done to as of late but been stock piling some bits and pieces for when I get back and then get cracking on getting it on the road in Oz for a bit of fun.

Awesome man. I had a chance to see this beast in real life (Thanks for the Clutch dude!) and it looks 19032821907408317480932784x more amazing infront of you. The piping kit and 2.8L stroker looks damn sexy. Oh yea and the Kansai strut bar!

Look forward to seeing you in the future during the club activities.

Mate it was nice meeting you when I got to come back and yeah the HKS bar does look nice.

Tried a few different brands out and ended back with the HKS as by far the lightest and easiest to keep nice and shiny.

Just read the whole build and am pretty impressed to say the least. Hows the car going now thats its been back in OZ for a while. Any new developments?

Cale

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

This is a very interesting build compared to what I am building, your is Jap Spec mine is Oz spec, id love to see what the dyno print out would look like when its done here in OZ, as you know the dyno they use in japan is alot different unless they have used the same type.

Cheers

Bobby

Hey Bobby hopefully this will be tested in the not too distant future although I am considering a full strip down ground up respray but plan is too get it on the road over next few months.

Yep for sure some Jap dyno's are very figure happy but one thing they do get to do in Japan is final fine tuning blasting on the highway.

• 11 months later...

Well after carefull deliberation I've made the unhappy decision that I can not enjoy and drive my car like I could in Japan.

I'd much rather have a car I leave in Japan to belt around and race over there.

So I've made the decision to return the car to stock and sell all performance parts and engine off.

I've done a bit of extra work on the car since it arrived in Oz but will now be selling everything.

I'll be putting up a 4 sale thread over the next week with all parts, spares etc that will be up for sale.

Once the car is returned to stock I'll be selling that as well.

I'm not fussed about doing this as have got something else on the burner in Japan but have not 100% committed to getting that project off the ground as yet.

Be sad to see her go, but in the end its time to move on and start something else.

:cheers:

Well after carefull deliberation I've made the unhappy decision that I can not enjoy and drive my car like I could in Japan.

I'd much rather have a car I leave in Japan to belt around and race over there.

So I've made the decision to return the car to stock and sell all performance parts and engine off.

I've done a bit of extra work on the car since it arrived in Oz but will now be selling everything.

I'll be putting up a 4 sale thread over the next week with all parts, spares etc that will be up for sale.

Once the car is returned to stock I'll be selling that as well.

I'm not fussed about doing this as have got something else on the burner in Japan but have not 100% committed to getting that project off the ground as yet.

Be sad to see her go, but in the end its time to move on and start something else.

:cheers:

Hi Marcus, tough decision and a shame you can't enjoy it here.

PM sent mate.