SAU Community

That's A Nice Looking Volvo Mate.......

Paramour

first day i took my car to work (@ a Holden dealership) 3 of the mechanics including the foreman all asked me why i sold my SS wagon to buy a volvo. one of them even asked what it was first and still thought it was a volvo!

• 2 weeks later...
Picked my 260RS up on Tuesday night. I had owned it for exactly one hour and the servo attendant said, "nice looking Subaru there, what model is it?" lmoa. I havnt had the Volvo comments yet, but in the week I've had it, 3 mates have looked and gone, "omg its a hearse, why did you buy a hearse?", I reply with, "cos it has an RB26 and full GTR driveline.... :( " "...oh, I see"

u get the hearse comment more from "older" people, and specially when its black :) haha

i've also had a guy ask me if its "bullet proof" :S

Was at the gym today, and noticed a bunch of old guy standing around my car. So went outside and turns out they were from a new mechanics place that had just opened up next to the gym. Got the normal "Looks a bit like a volvo" comment, as well as "looks more like a Mercedes" and "looks like a Chrysler".

Anyway, had a chat with the guys about the car, engine specs and all that.

The guys were good blokes, i had just got a screw stuck in my tire this morning, and the tire was deflating, so they put some air in it so that i could get to the tire shop without any trouble.

Decided not to take the car there for any work though, after one of the mechanics said he saw the intercooler and that made him pretty sure it was a diesel engine :P

On my way to Sydney from the Gold Coast last Friday, I stopped for fuel at around 2am... The servo guy and a truckie were waiting for me inside, wanting to know what car I drive, because it was "definitely a V8", due to the lumpy idle... Their best guess was a Dodge of some sort, because they were sure it had a Dodge badge on the front!

For some reason, they weren't overly impressed when informed that it was lowly Nissan! :P

• 2 weeks later...

ha ha, paddle shift is fun... but yeah in traffic it's still make more sense to just slap it back in D and sit back, relax and enjoy (rather not) the traffic crawl

• 4 weeks later...
I have been living in the same house for 6 months, apparently my neighbor got excited because i "had a new car".... nope, just keep it in the garage.

Random pic

gallery_65478_3555_704139.jpg

Thats an awesome pic! love the transformer badge on the front too lol

• 2 months later...

Well my Volvo moment came pretty early for me! I just bought my stag (s1 rsfourv) and the next day i pull up at a mates place, proud of my new ride! I say check out my new wheels, he looks & says "what the volvo? I would have never picked you for a volvo driver, i thought you were right into nissans!" .....omfg lol, seriously never expected the volvo stigma to be attached to a stag...ohwell might have to play to it?!

Heard a funny comment from a vocal in the crowd at Eastern Creek dragway last night...

"Ha, he just got beaten by that Volvo!"

The driver of the R32 gts-t in the other lane was probably shocked too. :D

From up the back I guess the M35 did look a bit like a V70.

At the tuner fitting an ems computer into my mates vl:

Him: Which one of you guys ownes the subaru

Me: what subaru

Him: the white wagon over there

Me: you meen the nissan

Him: No the subaru if it's your's can you move it

Me: I'll move it but it aint no subaru

This from a guy who's specialty is ems on rb30's

This is not a "Volvo" story as such, but anyway...

Took my car to the carwash on Friday, and just as I was about to leave one of the guys working there approached me. The conversation went something like this:

Him: "Nice car, mate."

Me: "Thanks man."

Him: "I noticed you've got a bit of fruit on there - she must go alright, hey?"

Me: "Yeah, it goes pretty good."

Him: "How quick does it go? What does she do, eleven's?"

Me: "Eleven's? :P Nah, I doubt it, but I've never taken it for a run."

Him: "So, it weighs about 1100kgs?"

Me: "1100kgs? Dude, try 1700!"

Him: "Oh..."

Just checked.

Yep 270kw. My error.

A mate of mine has a VE SS which has 307kw as stock, so I don't know what "option" was different with his, but it is definitely not an HSV.

yeah 270kw at the flywheel and not at the wheel....minus another 50kw for bullshit marketing and youve got the real specs.

I eat brand new sv6 commodores with a 10 year old barely modified 150kw 1.8litre corolla turbo.

Im pretty sure a stag wouldnt have much issues.

Whats the bet that same commonwhore barely pulls a 14.5 on the quarter... which regardless of it being 100kw's more than a m35 is what a m35 will do!

Go figure?

Suspension and awd do alot more than people think.

This is not a "Volvo" story as such, but anyway...

Took my car to the carwash on Friday, and just as I was about to leave one of the guys working there approached me. The conversation went something like this:

Him: "Nice car, mate."

Me: "Thanks man."

Him: "I noticed you've got a bit of fruit on there - she must go alright, hey?"

Me: "Yeah, it goes pretty good."

Him: "How quick does it go? What does she do, eleven's?"

Me: "Eleven's? :D Nah, I doubt it, but I've never taken it for a run."

Him: "So, it weighs about 1100kgs?"

Me: "1100kgs? Dude, try 1700!"

Him: "Oh..."

What a strange conversation....

Was driving through the city yesterday and was at the lights waiting. 3 blokes in the pub were arguing about the stag as follows:

Guy 1 - It is a volvo you can tell by the back end

Guy 2 - But the nose is not a box, must be something else like a falcon

Guy 3 - I reckon its one of those new commodores, they come in wagon

Guy 1 - Bet you $50 it's a volvo

Then I drove off, I wonder who got the money LOL

lol :down:

What a strange conversation....

Yep, I'm guessing he probably came from either a rotary background (where all cars weigh under 900kgs) or '80's Commodores (where just about all of them weigh around 1100kgs max).