SAU Community

R32 Undertray

MYRB30

Hi all,

My engine undertray is a little worse for wear, so I thought I might have a go a creating a custom under tray.

I'll probably use like 3mm ply wood. I seen an article once where they did this to a mx5 I think it was.

Has anyone here attempted this on a gtr? I intend to keep the brake ducts somehow.

Hi all,

My engine undertray is a little worse for wear, so I thought I might have a go a creating a custom under tray.

I'll probably use like 3mm ply wood. I seen an article once where they did this to a mx5 I think it was.

Has anyone here attempted this on a gtr? I intend to keep the brake ducts somehow.

yeah it was in an auto salon book on the blue ae86 (sprinter they were building) read the story alot of drifters use it apparently so the bar is more secure and firm wen it pops off or something and wont break

I have this if you would like to buy it. I have never actually fitted it. It doesn't go all the way to the front splitter though. It basically just replaces the standard plastic undertray.

post-10715-1231239262_thumb.jpg

I have a fibreglass one sitting beside my desk for my R32. It would be prety easy to make one. I would make one out of balsa and thin coat of fibreglass over it. Alloy, if it comes astray at speed it will make a mess of a lot of things, fibreglass/balsa will just break cleanly away