SAU Community

Building A Circuit Car For The Track

nickor33

Hi everyone. what would be the best engine specs for a r33 gts-t using rb25det that is for the track. i guess what i mean is.... whats the best combo for power to weight. i'm not just after kw i want to built (or stock standard ?) a reliable/strong/ balanced/smooth rb25det engine for track and drift. .... i was thinking neo with minor mods, am i right?

A 2835 bagging you about 260-270rwkws or perhaps a 30307ProS running a bit less boost using the std manifold would be my pick for a reliable and quick track GTSt.

Oh, and sick R31, the DJR Sierra was quicker over a lap in qualifying :( The VL Walkinshaw beat it at Bathust in 1990 so lets not take this off thread on the first page. :P

If this is a serious thread then i would do as follows:

Strip the car completely

Cage

Good suspension package

Larger sump

Upgraded oil pump

And all the bolt ons for about the 450hp range.

Should be a fun track car. And relatively cheap.

"A circuit car for the track"

:blink:

lol

On a more serious note, by what you've written I am guessing you haven't been to the track many times.

I would suggest going to the track lots of times and slowly modding the car in the process so its right for you...

End goal for a track car- make it as light as possible which will mean you need smaller brakes and less power to go fast than keeping it full weight. You will also chew through less R compound tyres which are very expensive.

Mods: Wide wheels with good R comp tyres, I would then probably stick a hks2835/garrett 3071R t3 with cams and supporting mods and get some proper suspension, swaybars, camber/toe/castor rods and put a good set of pads and then just keep winding in more boost until you have enough power.

I would do the suspension and brake modifications first before adding any more power at all. Its pretty hard to learn in a car that is too much better/faster than your ability. (evo exempted :P)

buy my car and put an oil cooler on it, strip interior and maybe go stiffer in the suspension... HKS 2835, Brembos, R34 GTR wheels, Cusco diff, swaybars, Bilsteins (too soft for serious track work), Hi Energy bigger/baffled sump, N1 pumps, GTR rods, etc etc

seriously I am taking delivery of a GTR on Fri so I want it gone... 14K and its yours, another 1-2K spent on it and you have yourself a nice package