SAU Community

Joeyjoejoe's E85 Tuning Adventutres

ok so i finally got my car back today and decided to try this e85 everyone's talking about....

i went on a mission to hoppers crossing united and picked up 40lt for the bargain price of $39.90!!!

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00069-1.jpg

i then went on my road trip to my tuner, Rob @ CREATD....

car : 94 r33 gtst with an UNOPENED rb25.

turbo : HKS 2835 pro s (.68)

fuel system : nismo 555cc injectors, nismo pump

management : power fc

we first did a pulp run for comparison's sake and got 270rwkw...

then we dumped the tank and poured in the jingle juice... the first thing you notice is the smell... its sweet... real sweet...

turned the key and when the e85 filtered through the idle was pretty horrible, but livable, the afr's were off... but we gave it a pull just to see the diff off the bat without any fiddling... 278rwkw... not bad...

after a few more pulls and some extra fuel + timing we ended up with 311rwkw! :PBJ:

below is a comparison graph with pulp (green) and e85 (red)

DSC00077.jpg

DSC00070.jpg

the tune is now nice and tidy, and the car starts, idle's and runs like a dream.

the 311 rwkw is insane with full boost by 3500

traction is now non-existant (with 5/7 greddy coils, positive camber, sways etc)

so after day 1 of e85, i am a VERY VERY happy camper! i even went back and filled the car up and grabbed another 40 lt in the jerry's...

gonna run it for a full week as a test and make my descisions then... but so far, DAMN good!

below is a link to the vid of the 311 run:

311 rwkw dyno pull

:ermm:

BIG thanx once again to Rob @ CREATD for yet another bang up tune!!!

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so after day 1 of e85, i am a VERY VERY happy camper! i even went back and filled the car up and grabbed another 40 lt in the jerry's...

gonna run it for a full week as a test and make my descisions then... but so far, DAMN good!

I don't wanna rain on your parade but if you go for a run and need to fuel up with ULP, won't the car run like shit because of the different fuel?

The e85 sounds good and looks like a winner.

It's not like it'll happen everyday but keeping the boot full of jerrys for an extended run is what you'll have to keep in mind.

We don't have it over here yet but I'll be keeping an eye out for it.

Nice work Mr Shabadoo, have you tried the current tune running normal 100ron just incase you get stuck with no e85 available?

Will it ping it's ass off and be a limp home prospect or still be safe under normal driving?

Ye its good fuel no doubt - Matt who is tuning EVO after EVO at the moment is seeing crazy gains. :ermm:

Only issue's i have - its not widespread enough here in Vic yet really... and the price isn't really reflective in terms of economy.

Economy is worse than good pump... depends on the use of the car :)

Ye its good fuel no doubt - Matt who is tuning EVO after EVO at the moment is seeing crazy gains. :)

Only issue's i have - its not widespread enough here in Vic yet really... and the price isn't really reflective in terms of economy.

Economy is worse than good pump... depends on the use of the car :P

yeah, so far the consumption is alright... ill post more details in a week (i ripped through nearly 40lt today :ermm: )

yeah, its on 18psi for the e85, and 16 for the pulp, as the pulp tune wasn't gaining any more at that pressure

Awesome results man, and thanks for sharing - really good to see an overlay between normal pump and E85 on the same car :ermm: