SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

For 260rwkws, sell your OP6 and buy and send in a blown R33 turbo. Once that is high flowed, it will be making around 260rwkws with factory responds.

Got the GTR pulling 404akws today using a high flowed blown kando T67 (from Peter). And did back to back test with few different coolers, will upload results shortly.

• Like 1

Wouldn't the r34 turbo be better for highflowing or does the lager rear create a lot of lag? My car has the below mods so the only piece to the puzzle missing is the turbo.

Apexi Pod
Nistune
Npc Heavy Duty Organic Clutch
Apexi AVCR boost controller
Full 3.5inch zorst
Nismo Fuel Pump
Z32 AFM
Siemens 550cc injectors
Yellow Jacket Coil Packs
HDI Front Mount

So as you can see my car is capable of making some decent power just need the right turbo to do so.

Edited by DoseVader

Wouldn't the r34 turbo be better for highflowing or does the lager rear create a lot of lag? My car has the below mods so the only piece to the puzzle missing is the turbo.

it is wonderful that you came to this realisation yourself.

incidentally plenty of info from a search.

you are in fact all set for a sweet setup after highflowing your R34 'OP6' turbo

enjoy

it is wonderful that you came to this realisation yourself.

incidentally plenty of info from a search.

you are in fact all set for a sweet setup after highflowing your R34 'OP6' turbo

enjoy

Can't be any more laggy then my current highflow setup, full boost at 5,000rpm thats living barry

Then you'd find the r34 hypergear highflow a blessing

I still need to sort my Pfc boost control setting out properly to get the boost right in the upper mid range, but it pulls nicely from 3500 rpm onwards, got 276 rwkw, power delivery is very linear and easy to drive

Good part about the highflow is it essentially bolts on, so installation is easier if you're doing it yourself.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the ss1PU is designed to be able to pull the same max power as the OP6 highflow with even better response?

As mentioned earlier I've upgraded the intercooler on the R33 GTR from 600x300x68mm to 600x300x100mm. Using the same ATR43SS25 Alpha turbocharger, it managed to hold more boost on less boost controller duty, 10 degrees less in air temp, picked up more mid to top range, and the penalty in response is 100RPM.

By now, I have a good platform for turbocharger related evaluation and testing.

atr43ss25alpha337rwkw.jpg

atr43ss25alphaboost.jpg

Also for few customers reports boost tappering issues on their RBs. Check your pressure drop across your intercooler. Some of you might be surprised of how much boost it actually restricts.

Below is a dyno log on a ATR45 using a return flow cooler, with customer defending for his 20 Cents junk.

Green is before cooler, and Red/pink is after cooler.

coolerrestriction.jpg

I found this issue with people using Blitz front mount and return flows also. If this is a scenario on your setup, get a tube n fin, 600x300x100mm cooler, we can supply that for under $200, and that has been tested and works.

Intercooler restriction. that car made identical amount of power using OP6 high flow, SS2 and now a G4 (3582 equivalent). They all can only be boosted to 16psi with actuator disconnected. Similar behavior to when I was using stock GTR33 cooler, this one is alot worse.

This is result from the Peter's dead T67 earlier, It is now rebuilt and high flowed running our ATR43G4 CHRA assembly, pulled 404awkws E85, fuel pump leaned out. Its now tested and ready for pickup. This assembly is good enough to pull around 430awkws with a new pump. I don't think I will be chasing for more power at this stage, But will be working to get better response.

compcoverin.jpg

turbine.jpg

compressor.jpg

turborear.jpg

atr43g4power.jpg

atr4g4boost.jpg

Video added:

Told ya so Mark lol ;)

Hehe, that you did Mick. Been plenty of decent results with Blitz coolers before though (at around 250-260rwkW Mark), which was why I was wondering if the pressure drop is more noticeable at higher boost.

Anyways, thanks for posting those results Stao.

Hehe, that you did Mick. Been plenty of decent results with Blitz coolers before though (at around 250-260rwkW Mark), which was why I was wondering if the pressure drop is more noticeable at higher boost.

Anyways, thanks for posting those results Stao.

Exactly what I thought when I bought my blitz return flow, time for a new cooler it seems..

What cooler was it Tao?

Edited by owen1r