SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Wut?

Not tune, set boost to afr? What you mean man?

Have you never done that or something?

You just talk to the car nicely, tell it what you want

Sometimes you plug a Vac line in the AFR gauge (make sure its narrowband) and it tunes for you

I mean use the wideband in ur exhust and work the afrs in turn the more boost you have the leaner ur engine will b to safely run most probs under 10psi so you dont lean it out so that was my question

Will the turbo do that? Or the ecu?

OK thanks, will there be much difference in performance over standard?

No differences works exactly the same. Need to make sure factory turbine housing is not cracked.

I mean if you put a bigger turbo on without the supporting mods computer injectors exc you can do this tho you cant run high boost cus lean out injectors max out so obd wide band goes up exhust and you use a hand held computer that tells you ur air to fuel ratios you can tell if its leaning or richining thats all im trying to ask if

Tao from hypergear has had any 1 do this with a high flow turbo

I mean if you put a bigger turbo on without the supporting mods computer injectors exc you can do this tho you cant run high boost cus lean out injectors max out so obd wide band goes up exhust and you use a hand held computer that tells you ur air to fuel ratios you can tell if its leaning or richining thats all im trying to ask if

Tao from hypergear has had any 1 do this with a high flow turbo

Don't do it, it's not a VL commodore.

Doesn't make sense at all, a bigger turbo will push more air into the engine, you'll enter a section of the fuel/ignition map in the ecu wich isn't even there. There's no sense at all changing turbo's without doin 'the complete package'. If it should be that easy, why would everyone put aftermarket ecu's in there cae ... ;)

Edited by Dr. Surge

If you think outside the box you can piggyback a full standalone ontop and let that ecu do all the work but the stock ecu for auto control. Then literally cut all the ignition and injector outputs from the stock ecu and wire it up to the standalone.

Always ways around it, just need to think outside the box. Also you can set the stand alone to input a gear change signal and retard timing for you so you don't grenade your box.

If you think outside the box you can piggyback a full standalone ontop and let that ecu do all the work but the stock ecu for auto control. Then literally cut all the ignition and injector outputs from the stock ecu and wire it up to the standalone.

Always ways around it, just need to think outside the box. Also you can set the stand alone to input a gear change signal and retard timing for you so you don't grenade your box.

My box is fine. It only retards timing at wot anyway. I don't believe the adaptronic is capable of retarding on gear changes anyway, according to Andy.

And yes everything is run through the new ecu except for idle so the auto knows when it is in gear and obviously the auto control.