SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Have elusivity's car here at the moment. Waiting on my fuel pressure and flow gauge to arrive so i can set the turbosmart reg and then start tuning it from scratch.

Hoping it will be able to match the td06 i did yesterday or very close to it

Well all is going good. Hitting full boost before 4000rpm.

But i cannot get the boost to hold to redline.with the eboost2 I have tried:

-correction factor from 4.4k to 7k which does nothing

-tried rpm set points with 100percent up after 4.5k which does nothing. It just keeps tapering off.

Having some dinner than gonna finish tuning. Will try up to 21ish psi.

This is a ss2 with .63 and 15psi actuator

Its a race bulb. It only comes on above 17psi. All R34's do it with NIStune or stock ecu. Its the boost pressure sensor that makes the DTC come on which inturn puts the check engine light on.

NIStune recommend leaving it on instead of turning the DTC off. Reason being if the customer or anyone else unplugs the boost sensor ontop of engine and it doesnt light up then issue's can arise. Ask hanaldo about 34 ecu's and DTC's.

Ask hanaldo about 34 ecu's and DTC's.

No don't, I don't wanna talk about it :glare: lol.

I'm now quite sure that my check engine light has been wired into one of the other dash lights. It comes on with the key switched to on, but never once with all the DTC's I've had has it come on while driving.

.63 housing really killed the power hey :unsure: what mods are on it?

98 R34 GTT - Auto

Blitz return flow

Trust PE II

HKS pod + z32

3" Hard metal intake - with some silicon joiner, may need to get it replaced if DVS Jez reckons it's causing issues

Hypergear ATR34 G3 0.82 rear

Hypergear ATRSS2 0.63 rear

TurboSmart Eboost 2

TurboSmart FPR800

Walbro intank

Bosch ID 1000cc Inj

NGK BKR7ES copper spark plugs, gapped ~1.1mm

MV Automatics Stage 2 kit - valve body + welsh plugs +

MV Automatics Billet 2nd gear servo

Nistune

Running KU31 255/30/19 on the rears

The .63 housing may have killed the power but it is an auto and I wanted response, and something over 250kw, and I won't go into previous tuner issues which made me steer away from an already installed G3.

Hopefully Stao doesn't mind the comparison and my borrowing his images.

Stao may be able to comment on this person's mods more, but I'm pretty confident with my setup and like Jez I'd like to see this new actuator arm fitted up and see if we can pick up more top end.

Auto R33 GTS-T customer of Stao's his made very similar power, with less boost, but very similar kind of boost drop off.

259power.jpg259boost.jpg

Autos are awesome in turbo cars, totally underrated IMO. Best example was the auto that came with 1JZ Soarers!

I agree, I love the overall responsive feel of a built Auto box - I also drive 45-60 each way to and from work each day through backstreets to avoid bumper to bumper traffic, far easier to just coast through in drive rather than clutch and shift every 30 - 90 seconds.

Birds come and get this part after clutch change. The turbo will be able to hold 20psi straight to 7000RPMs with it using a EBC. Should get around 280rwkws with extra 3psi of boost.

extender.JPG

That part is $35 delivered. It's best working with the 14psi actuator and ebc. It will only work assume the cause of the drop is the strength of actuator. Will have no affect on retriction related boost drops.

Stao, sign me up, do you need a PM with details again? Or you can deliver to Jez, as I'll be asking him to fit and retune, hopefully able to pick up another 20kw and hit my 280rwkw goal? :D :D :D

The boost behavior from the lever extender results in better overall boost control for internal gate. Sure I can make one for you.

I will take time sharing my experience about fuel injectors. I've had a set of 800cc Power enterprise injectors (costed $998) installed by Trent today for E85 in few weeks time. A drive from where I'm to Status is a $50 investment on fuel with the ebay $500 550ccs that came off, using the new injectors I've gained about 150% extra mileage, and the car drove noticeably smoother. The branded injector's got much finer spray compare to the none name high flows that runs like a tab. Definitely cheaper in the long run.

Today we've did couple of runs on a smaller and more dynamic version of the SS1PU. How ever responsiveness gained is based on the lose of top end power, So it will remain as a prototype for the time been. The more responsive runs are from today.

power.jpg

boost.jpg