SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

The current one is capable of 330rwkws. I'm looking to trade that 30kws for roughly 300rpms of response making full boost of 20psi by 3900 Rpm instead of current 4200 rpm.

I'll finally be buying a turbo off you around July so ill see where your at with FNT and VNT designs of the G3 then. VNT sounds like it will be great if its a reality that soon

After studying motion of the vnt turbine setup I'm wondering if it actually creep heat when the nozzles directs in opposing direction. Appears the nozzle arrangement needs to be reset from scratch for it to work. Or for what I want it to do.

I've contacted Matt to see if he might know what could cause the corruption, as everything was perfect a month a go when I last drove the car.

There's Nistune documentation that talks about ECU corruption and how it can be caused. Worth a read. A loose Nistune board is just one path to corruption.

There's Nistune documentation that talks about ECU corruption and how it can be caused. Worth a read. A loose Nistune board is just one path to corruption.

Ah great, do you know which of the documents it's in? I've contacted Matt about it but he hasn't replied yet.

Thing is, I didn't touch anything related to the ECU, and it was perfect when I drove it in. Surely it has to be something related to my messing around with it all, it's not just coincidence?

After studying motion of the vnt turbine setup I'm wondering if it actually creep heat when the nozzles directs in opposing direction. Appears the nozzle arrangement needs to be reset from scratch for it to work. Or for what I want it to do.

So this is going to take a while?

Thanks for that mate.

Makes me wonder whether the message was passed on that my ECU has a Stagea image in it. I forgot to tell Sean when I dropped the car off, but I phoned up and let them know, the bloke was confused but he said he would write it down. Now I wonder whether or not he told Sean before he started trying to tune it, if he tried to use the R34 image with my ECU then it wouldn't have worked. I'll have to give them a call tomorrow morning and get hold of Sean himself.

Edited by Hanaldo

You might be able to get away with editing the fuel & ignition maps (and most other normal tables and scalars) in the Stagea image using the R34 address file, because I've been doing essentially that myself over the last few days. Load up the Stagea address file, then the bin file for what's in my ECU, then an R34 bin as comparison, and looking to see where the differences are. As you'd expect, the two ECUs are essentially the same. Same ECU, same engine. Just a few differences in the ABS/TCS department.

But....because you can do that, it might be very easy for the tuner to use an R34 address file, load up an R34 bin file, then sync from the ECU and or/ sync to the ECU and perhaps cause havoc. Just because there are some differences.

depending on how much problems I might encounter. would be couple of month at least.

Sweet as. ill keep an eye out

I'm waiting till July now till I get something so if its not far off by then I might just wait.

Sounds like it will be impressive :)

This assembly should have some effects, With the device engaged the turbo gains faster response how ever the engine pins up top, with it disengaged the motor picks up 8 degrees of timing up top but loses big chunk of power band down low. So I want it to be engaged till about 20psi then slowly released after that point to gain the top end timing. That way we should have fat power band from start to end.

You might be able to get away with editing the fuel & ignition maps (and most other normal tables and scalars) in the Stagea image using the R34 address file, because I've been doing essentially that myself over the last few days. Load up the Stagea address file, then the bin file for what's in my ECU, then an R34 bin as comparison, and looking to see where the differences are. As you'd expect, the two ECUs are essentially the same. Same ECU, same engine. Just a few differences in the ABS/TCS department.

But....because you can do that, it might be very easy for the tuner to use an R34 address file, load up an R34 bin file, then sync from the ECU and or/ sync to the ECU and perhaps cause havoc. Just because there are some differences.

Yeh well when Matt reprogrammed my board with the Stagea image, he was able to upload my current tune so I could just plug it back in and it was like nothing had changed. Except the misfire at about 5000rpm from the ECU pulling timing was gone.

But if the message hasn't been passed onto my tuner and he is trying to start with the R34 address file and then sync the bin file from the ECU, it wouldn't work as you said. But then I have no idea what he meant when he said it looks like it has earthed out, so I'm not sure.

This assembly should have some effects, With the device engaged the turbo gains faster response how ever the engine pins up top, with it disengaged the motor picks up 8 degrees of timing up top but loses big chunk of power band down low. So I want it to be engaged till about 20psi then slowly released after that point to gain the top end timing. That way we should have fat power band from start to end.

Your the man stao!

I'm keen to seen how this turns out. I have 2 friends who just acquired RB25s and hopefully will be looking for killer upgrades in time for production on these.

Hello, ive got a r33 s2 and wondering what is your best hi-flow turbo for response, only looking to make 220-250rwkw, stock internals with associated mods. Its a daily and would be looking to run between 10-14psi max.

cheers

Standard high flow would be suitable for your applications. I'm generally seeing around 240rwkws with option, how ever I'm recently seening some 260rwkws results based on 15psi from Toshi's remaps using stock injectors, afm and ecu.

So for your goal, get the standard high flow, then pm toshi for ecu flash and that should archeive it.