SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

SS1PU and SS2 all share the same comp wheel so identical to whats on the TD0620.5G

The SS1PU SR version is in .64 while the 10cm is in .73, The 20.5G can only preform in a high mount externally gates setup, I think you really need to have the car returned in a normal day for the correct power and boost correspondence after run in.

I haven't done the SS1PU RB version against SL2 turbine yet, that should give me an indication of which turbine is more responsive, how ever also need to be taken into consideration that the SS1PU does not require external gate.

I'd be keen to see the difference. I have always been confident that the SL2 turbine is the right way to go on the SR.

I am really happy with my SS1PU, but who doesnt want more! lol

I love you work Stao...own a big share of the bolt on turbo skyline turbo market and a good product at a good price, gets his reign threatened by a another product

buys same product and redesigns it better, effectively taken out his competitor with one foul swoop and in turns merges 2 popular

sau threads into his both of his..roflmao ..well played sir..I tip my hat to you...

(yes im joking, but its still funny)

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

The kia made 110fwkws from 73fwkws on stock injectors and it appears the stock cat back is also maxing out. I've fitted a ATR28G1 on it with high comp engine it has no lag, very fast off the lights. Its at Adaptronics making plug in ECU at moment and its been there for almost 6 month as he has issues getting stock auto to operate. This project is made for a Chinese 4S Kia dealer, Detail write up and photos has been posted at their forums. You might need google translation to read it, but photos are fine.

http://saa.auto.sohu...4673727-1.shtml

Also for people whom's interested in to twin pulse turbine housings. I'm in the process of making one that has a working VNT valve. It is made to work with a single or twin pulse manifold. Designed to switch a .41 A/R turbine housing into .82 after boost pressure rise beyond 12psi, it should dynamically advance down low torque and power while not hurting mid and top end.

will post up photos once its complete.

Well, work wise its all about the amount of time invested, Like I've be in my shed building and trailing different turbos while most of others are out with Mrs lol. All make of turbochargers has its strength and weakness, I don't have a Bias for or against any, but do enjoying improving them as well as putting new ideas into inventions.

Taking my car to the quarter for the first time tonight, see how it goes. Will also get to a weighbridge today sometime.

Ahh spewin I would have come straight from work if I saw this before leaving. Good luck

Stao do you have cam gears in your car? Power peaking in your car at 6800 is unusual for a T67, all the other results have made power right up and past 8000rpm. All your results seem to have strong late mid range and then fall over top end, cam gear timing is the only thing I can think of? Have you talked to Trent about it, I do remembering him commenting on something similar in the past

Good result, would hammer!

for the big turbos playing with gears may help extend the top end but on this car it always trades off low and we are chasing results which fatten the low to mid... aimed at average setups with std cams and 7650 rev limits.... no need for more top end.

For those who want more a set of drop in cammtechs on this 390rwkw will go 420-430rwkw with no changes to mid range as we did one not long ago.

Going through books, The wheel dia of the 20G is in 68mm while the 25G is in 78mm. 10mms is a pretty big jump in terms of compressor wheel dia, I'm wondering what happened to the 21G 22G 23G and 24G if they were ever existed. I have some plans on making a 73mm wheel to run the SL2 turbine on, making size wise a 22G.

Make a 73mm billet wheel with a modified stage 3 sierra wheel and somebody in the US might be calling you about some patent issues lol

Hahaha maybe he could be FORCED into it huh :woot:

So, went and had a bit of fun last night. First time down the quarter, shit is hard :glare: Got 5 runs in and got better each time, first run was a 16.55 missing 2nd and 3rd :P PB was 14.1 @108.5mph on my last run. I think I could have got into the 13's if I could have had a few more runs, and possibly matched Luke's 109. I need a lot more practise though, and shift lights now make sense to me. Was hitting limiter in almost every gear :/

Hahaha maybe he could be FORCED into it huh :woot:

??? some one already done a 73MM? The blade profile will be totally different either way, but thats ok, I can make the exducer into what ever dia to archive the same goal. Sierra wheels are bit old school, they were retired from our turbos since 09.

Using Brae high mount now. Ebay manifold is off the car.