SAU Community

Recommended Coilovers For Street Drifting?

then i might go for the ISC as im not FULL on doing racing on the track... I would now and then do a little bit of driftinggg .

What do you guys think of the Tien HA's? theres this guy selling them for 1k second hand.... he said there all in good condition.

Thanks guys.

Im not sure who bought up TEIN HA's as they were discontinued 6-7 yrs ago :P

If your on a strict budget and you dont mind a choppy street ride go ISC or HSD, if your after something half decent go Greddy Type S, TEIN SS or MONOFLEX or a better yet a bilstein package... the extra will be well worth it.

Pity you dont have a R32 Geraus as ive got a set of near new ISC's we just pulled out of a customers car, he upgraded to a set of TYPE S he bought of ebay and cant believe the difference.

Edited by URAS

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure who bought up TEIN HA's as they were discontinued 6-7 yrs ago :D

and they were not flash even then! steel body, not adjustable lower mount. and twin tube shock. they are great at blowing seals, especially on macpherson strut cars. and I even bought some brand new way back in the day! they were the basic entry level damper adjustable teins.

and they were not flash even then! steel body, not adjustable lower mount. and twin tube shock. they are great at blowing seals, especially on macpherson strut cars. and I even bought some brand new way back in the day! they were the basic entry level damper adjustable teins.

Blowing seals ya say!....HMMMM....(strokes beard)

just a bit off topics, did anyone ever find out what the spring rates were for the SK groupbuy that was on here a while back? i've got these installed in my r33 (whiteline/bilstein) and i wanted to know if i could be doing better

just a bit off topics, did anyone ever find out what the spring rates were for the SK groupbuy that was on here a while back? i've got these installed in my r33 (whiteline/bilstein) and i wanted to know if i could be doing better

Depends on what you mean by doing better? Better lap times, better comfort on street etc

Off the top of my head the spring rates were something the lines of 4/3. Search his old threads and I'm sure it will say.

Yeah i bought a set new too for my series 6.... cried in my pillow for days.

Personally I run GReddy Type S and are very happy with them, although the 8kg and 6kg springs do at times when in traffic feel too hard and the car becomes less enjoyable to drive. Get them on a smooth open road and it is smiles all around.

However, my S15 is pretty modded, If you are just going to mod your skyline with mild bolt ons, get somewhere between 250 - 300kw. Drive it mostly on the street with a track day or two through out the year. I HIGHLY recommend TEIN Super Streets. WHY? They are made by an excellent brand - TEIN who only make suspension parts and been in the business for years, 5kg and 4kg springs make for a very comfortable drive around the streets, 16 way damper makes them quite stiff when you want to go for a thrash or have a bit of a drift. And I mean unless you are actually competiting the stiffness is plenty. PRICE - Great value at just under $2000, 2 Year Warrenty, Pillow Ball Tops. For a STREET coil over they really have everything. Their only downside really is they don't go low enough for some people, they go pretty low just not scrub your balls on the road low. I know more than enough people with very fast GTRs running them and not one word of them breaking or having bad performance.

so my recommendation for you are TEIN Super Streets

*Edit* Just noticed you bought HA, good luck with them.

Edited by Jimmy Boy

I can understand that having it too stiff can affect the wheel making contact with the road, but is that the only downside? I wouldn't mind driving an R32 with stock suspension just to see what mine compares like.

Personally I run GReddy Type S and are very happy with them, although the 8kg and 6kg springs do at times when in traffic feel too hard and the car becomes less enjoyable to drive. Get them on a smooth open road and it is smiles all around.

really, i run type s and in traffic they are fine... are your springs compressed at all or riding properly?

HAs are pretty poor and also very old. like trent said they stopped making them years ago. so yours would be at least 4 or 5 years old and could be more like 10 years old. also, they are twin tube, not mono-tube.

look, if they are in good nick, and your stockers were stuffed then of course they will feel better. but be aware they do like to blow oil seals, especially the macpherson strut models (luckily skylines are not macpherson strut, they have wishbones). I hope you didn't pay much for them. if they were cheap then just enjoy. :D

Also, don't forget- Poorly setup overly stiff car will have a longer stopping distance than a stock car or a car with well setup softer springs/quality shock and some swaybars... another point for springs/bilsteins/swaybars/adjustable bushes.

Roads are shit, conditions change, say no to cheap "coilovers"

uuhhh damm! i thnk i got ripped off.... but oh well.... i got a whiteline rear adjustable sway bar and the coilovers... . hmmmm thanks guys for the help, also they were in good condition... .

Edited by geraus

uuhhh damm! i thnk i got ripped off.... but oh well.... i got a whiteline rear adjustable sway bar and the coilovers... . hmmmm thanks guys for the help, also they were in good condition... .

start saving for the front adjustable swaybar and some adjustable bushes if you dont have adjustable strut tops!

oright cool, so so far i got coilovers there stiff as, and my rear sway bar its pretty stiff to. What else would u guys use to complete my set up. What are the adjustable strut tops?