SAU Community

180sx Vh45

I've already put a wanted to buy up for rear brembo's, i think the plan will be put them on with the entire rear cradle along with front ones and try and find wheels after the fact, because the 32gtr 16inch one will be useless.

The 450 would be lighter then the previous motor yeah? It's an alloy block right?

Either way, the GTR is a more nose heavy car then a 180 or GTS-t ever will be. It's got the extra diff, transfer case and assorted bits up front...

it's actually about 20kg heavier than the CA18DET that was in it.

but a standard 180 is pretty limited on Tyre width up front because of the the narrow guards and factory offset. I'm pretty much limited to 8 inch wide unless i pump the front fenders.

which is why S13's have so many widebody front fenders available for them. I can fit 10inch wide rims on the back the moment after extensively rolling the rear guards with a 2 inch metal pole.

It's true test will come at the texi. we'll see if it turns then.....all else fails, clutch kick!

it's actually about 20kg heavier than the CA18DET that was in it.

but a standard 180 is pretty limited on Tyre width up front because of the the narrow guards and factory offset. I'm pretty much limited to 8 inch wide unless i pump the front fenders.

which is why S13's have so many widebody front fenders available for them. I can fit 10inch wide rims on the back the moment after extensively rolling the rear guards with a 2 inch metal pole.

It's true test will come at the texi. we'll see if it turns then.....all else fails, clutch kick!

It's still going to have a better weight bias then a GTR though...

Tyre limitations is another thing though, but I'd definitely be putting rear brembos on, other wise you're WAYYYY over braking the front compared to the rear.

It's still going to have a better weight bias then a GTR though...

Tyre limitations is another thing though, but I'd definitely be putting rear brembos on, other wise you're WAYYYY over braking the front compared to the rear.

gotta find rear brembo's first. problem is that i hate the fibreglass wide guards everyone has out for 180sx's, I used to have a set on it and I hated them. I'll get a second pair of fenders and weld in another inch of metal at the inside edge, that way I'll still have stock looking guards.

clutch is buggered, sticks on the floor and is either on or off pedal feels like it binding. pretty much impossible to drive. hope the actually clutch face and pressure plate are fine other wise I've paid $2500 for a clutch that only lasted two months. VERY PISSED OFF!:angry:

still have find out what caused it, hopefully the custom bell housing was aligned properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Bellhousing isn't aligned I'm guessing. Probably needs a lazer alignment down the center.

Not my fault!! :ninja: Good job in removing the box yourself too!!! I didn't have to do it for a change!! :laugh:

Bellhousing isn't aligned I'm guessing. Probably needs a lazer alignment down the center.

Not my fault!! :ninja: Good job in removing the box yourself too!!! I didn't have to do it for a change!! :laugh:

it's laser, s not z as in Light Amplified Stimulated Emission of Radiation. but yeah my guess is needs alignment, and hopefully the clutch is still OK

looks like the gearbox is out of alignment, the fingers on the pressure plate have an ellipse shaped wear mark. the bearing is the same and the snout has wear markings on the top of it that has resulted in a slight lip which explains the change in clutch feel lately as the lip got worse so did the clutch. this tells me that the gearbox is positioned slightly too high compared to the engine. MRC are going to swap my bell housing and adapter plate for new ones that have been made at a different engineering firm. the clutch itself looks alright. not as bad as I originally thought.

• 3 weeks later...