SAU Community

180sx Vh45

• 3 weeks later...

Dude get this on the ground already so we can go cruising like in the old days and hold up traffic for ages hahaha

it's been on the road.......for a month and a half before clutch problems. I'm up for another bogan cruise if you are. bring on the mullets wigs!

If you're thinking of selling them...

i don't need'em, wouldn't you have a set on the r33 already anyway. aren't r33 gts-t's pretty much the same as non v-spec r32 gtrs?

it's been on the road.......for a month and a half before clutch problems. I'm up for another bogan cruise if you are. bring on the mullets wigs!

i don't need'em, wouldn't you have a set on the r33 already anyway. aren't r33 gts-t's pretty much the same as non v-spec r32 gtrs?

Oh hmm... I should look into that factor...

I was shown the other day some nice 8 pots that a member uses on here for racing with... able to purchase the full kit for $1,500 brand new...

I'm keeping my eyes on it, and might buy it very shortly...

So cool. Its a shame we cant have these like the yanks do... TT VH45DE :worship:

they are, when i was doing the research in to it for 450sx i found that the maximum boost-able engine size is just over 4.5 ltrs for a s13. i believe it's 60 cc within the range. these figures were calculated using the weight of 1140kg stated as the factory weight times the factor of 4.82 for na and 4.0 for boosted. from the following link. the ADR limits are slightly different.

so the maximum turbo or supercharged engine in a 180sx can be 4560cc and 5494cc for naturally aspirated.

so imagine the engine that will able to go in a 1500kg skyline.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/vsi/vsi_06_-_guidelines_for_light_vehicle_modifications_nov_2007.pdf

they are, when i was doing the research in to it for 450sx i found that the maximum boost-able engine size is just over 4.5 ltrs for a s13. i believe it's 60 cc within the range. these figures were calculated using the weight of 1140kg stated as the factory weight times the factor of 4.82 for na and 4.0 for boosted. from the following link. the ADR limits are slightly different.

so the maximum turbo or supercharged engine in a 180sx can be 4560cc and 5494cc for naturally aspirated.

so imagine the engine that will able to go in a 1500kg skyline.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/vsi/vsi_06_-_guidelines_for_light_vehicle_modifications_nov_2007.pdf

I think you'll find you're using the wrong value aren't you? Aren't you meant to be using the bottom one? 5.46 and 4.68 for N/A and Turbo respectively? Isn't mono constructed like those one off builds/kit cars?

they are basically identical imo, 300mm vs 298mm rotors and the same calipers or something like that, nothing in it.

Edited by Rolls

I think you'll find you're using the wrong value aren't you? Aren't you meant to be using the bottom one? 5.46 and 4.68 for N/A and Turbo respectively? Isn't mono constructed like those one off builds/kit cars?

mono constructed is the modern way to make car chassis, it's dual constructed if its body can detach from the rails, like model t ford. unless your making a hot rod? at least i think that's what they mean.

• 2 weeks later...

hey dude quick question, what spigot bush did u use for the 300zx box conversion? did the new one need any machining to fit in the 45 crank? also wherew did u get those UAS engine mounts? nice car man 190kw with headers mad shit

Edited by akaaa7

Hi Cam,

Standard RB26/VG30 spigot bush. No machining required, just have to knock out the automatic steel bush out of the crank.

Mounts were from UAS...Unique Autosports.

Hi Cam,

Standard RB26/VG30 spigot bush. No machining required, just have to knock out the automatic steel bush out of the crank.

Mounts were from UAS...Unique Autosports.

You make it sound so easy lol.

You make it sound so easy lol.

Wish it was so easy! I knocked it out with a cold chisel from memory, you could also mig weld a metal bar to it and lever it off...

I like welding stuff! :thumbsup:

Get that damn car on the road Farch!!

And, nismo used to sell side skirts for your 180! they look good as I saw on today.

If the spigot bush has a hole drilled the whole way through it, you can try the old trick of filling the bush with heavy duty grease, and then hammer a steal bar that is machined to fit perfectly into it. The grease makes a perfect seal, and it can't be compressed, so it pushes the bush out.

That's if the bush is hollow the whole way through. If not... Too bad, so sad. :P

slide hammer, dynabolt, welded chain, grease compression, chisel and hammer were all the methods I was told. Slide hammer works great if it fits, if not the chisel and hammer + 30 minutes of bashing seems to also work.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but torn up paper poked into the hole (newspaper works great), then punched (same principle as grease method) in with a hammer & punch works very well. Then you just flick out a mashed up wad of compressed paper fiber.

Clearances need to be very close for grease method to work, otherwise it just pumps out around the punch; much less important with torn up paper.

Amazing build BTW; love the execution.

about 7 months ago i hit up ross tuffbond to make a custom balancer and was told it would take 6 weeks, the six week came i rang up and was told haven't had time. I gave up, and completely forgot about it, thinking it was never going to happen. well i got a call last week and this was apparently just finished!

post-38774-0-49979500-1310713393_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well we got the gearbox back together finally.

And the new intake setup is sorted too. We found that the BMC filter setup was too restrictive for the engine, so that got the boot and a replacement was found.

That involved going to autobahn and ordering the biggest k&n filter we could get our hands on with a 90mm outlet.

Then massaging (hammer :whistling::) ) the engine bay to fit the mammoth filter, which also required the 90mm airflow meter to be chopped.

All fitted sweet in the end and the car now goes even better. Farch will explain his test drive later....

The 20cent coin in the second pic gives you an idea how big this thing is!!

post-12712-0-19192500-1312109292_thumb.jpgpost-12712-0-64981700-1312109301_thumb.jpg