SAU Community

Micolour Sau-vic Deca Motorkhana. Rnd 3

Belsil80

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are you doing to break yours??

My sr has been flogged for years and hasnt missed a beat.

My SR wasn't right before i pulled it out of the donor 180sx, but i miss diagnosed the oil in the turbo :P

the thursday before last deca i was on the dyno and i was told it was a tired motor by my old tuner friend and didn't really question the engine anymore then needed as i couldn't afford to do anything. the poor power figures and internal engine oiling was nfg. you can see smoke come from my exhaust after a long pedal session last deca in the vidz, it was detuned and the limiter was reduced to 6000 or maybe 6500 (it was a few months ago), so i could keep it alive.

but after changing the sump gasket and organising to fit a catch can, i decided to check that she was all still good internally, when i found only 80psi on #1 piston, i pulled the motor out the next day to find, the ring landing had broken away, and #4 was next as it was also cracked.

iv'e rebuilt it now, but when i was asembling her i broke a cam cap bolt with unknown reason, the chain tensioner also fell apart when i was cranking it over by hand. not to mention having to set the timing 2 times because it skipped a tooth (don't ask).

Not everything on the engine from nissan is that strong, there's a reason why the bellhousing has 3 times the amount of bolts compared to a RB. Now i have even more compensators fitted to prevent engine failure ;) and had to sell some stuff to help pay for it

i haven't decided on another dyno run yet as i NEED to bed it in more, unregistered car dilema

so no i didn't kill it. i put a new turbo on before it was fitted to my silvia :P i'm a mechanic, we all have our off days.

Wooot woot

Photoshoot!!

oh yeh 4 sure ! I'M IN and i might even wash my silvia if there will be a photo shoot.

now i'm glad i took the time on thursday and fitted my wheels from my gazelle.

i must say i havn't had the time to come online in a while, workin till midnight has it's downers, including bad sleeping pattern. oh well a few more this week and the deca prep work is over. hell i even got a wheel alignment on friday, now i can steer my car........

This will test ya..
anti-clockwise is heaps better!

I had a run both ways, coz i did Feb and May DECAs

Maybe i'll do better in the anti-clockwise this time, as I know what to expect...

ive just been put under alot of personal issue's (asif car dilema's wern't bad enough) kinda kills the exceitment.

weather forecast aye for country or melb cbd ? cause you never know what's going to happin. I wired up my wipers today just in case.

oh and Vince Ritchie grey r32 gtst won't be making deca. he said he will contact sombody regarding his withdrawel. can i have his spot and run twice ? he said he doesn't mind.

:P

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/vic/northern...ntry/shepparton

Weather is always pretty good to us...

As I said in the Cruise thread,

Make sure you are all up at DECA at 8:00am!!

Park in the carpark and start emptying your cars ready for scruitineering...

We want to get all the scruitineering and drivers briefing done quickly so that we can get underway and get the most amount of track time on the day...

See you all up there...

ive just been put under alot of personal issue's (asif car dilema's wern't bad enough) kinda kills the exceitment.

weather forecast aye for country or melb cbd ? cause you never know what's going to happin. I wired up my wipers today just in case.

hahah you mean you dont run wipers lol

S13 a track car?

That reminds me, i should get new wipers, mine are sqweaky as

8 Dane Stokes Sti AWD
huh????

Looking through the entry list there are a lot of new names and very few old names? What's going on?? You can never have enough Decas...

Haha I seem to have lost my balls. I have a feeling they're behind the couch somehwere... I've been seriously tempted to move my entry to the 180, but the STi is begging for a run!

Plus RWD is for pre-op transvestites only, it's a proven fact. I read it on the internaz

Haha I seem to have lost my balls. I have a feeling they're behind the couch somehwere... I've been seriously tempted to move my entry to the 180, but the STi is begging for a run!

Plus RWD is for pre-op transvestites only, it's a proven fact. I read it on the internaz

Man you're a HOMO.

Bring the 180 :(

Got my spoiler on last night (noticed the S13 boot lid is not that strong - I should probably make up some brackets or something but for now it's bolted to the boot lid - Russ, did you make up any support brackets for under the boot lid or anything or is yours a straight fit?))

Catch can goes in tonight then car will go in to get the alignment done (rear camber arms went in last week) and have the semi's put on my gay rims.

Can't wait for the weekend :D

Edited by ActionDan

Dan. I have some flat steel length ways under the mounts on both sides. Only 3mm thick and like 20mm wide. I'll show you on sat if you like.

What sort of spoiler is it?

Few changes to my car too!

I've finally put my Teins in so car may be a little different now. And I put in steering rack spacers. Heaps more lock!!! so hopefully no spins haha. Going for an allignment on friday.

Also got a canary on my car on sunday night on my way back from the workshop so it may become a trailer only princess now. haha.

Yeah I'm considering something like that myself, see how it goes at DECA. I made feet for it as I bought it without but otherwise there's nothing on the other side - I have used some washers to spread the load a little though and each leg of the spoiler has 6 bolts holding it down but I'm worried about the S13 boot lid peeling open like a can lol

The spoiler is a twin blade adjustable c-west job

Yay for new suspension, boo for canary =(

I'm putting mine on a trailer this time too, don't wanna have to stuff around with getting it home if it breaks.