SAU Community

Micolour Sau-vic Deca Motorkhana. Rnd 3

Belsil80

why do problems always pop up the couple of days before deca :)

My cars idle is playing up and oil leak from rocker cover gaskets. Trying to get it all fixed before friday haha

Hopefully it will be all sorted by Friday evening :D

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I hadn't even considered that...

Bec,, what's the go with parking our cars/trailers at the hotel?

I know I'm not the only one trailering.

We have left Big Red on a trailer in the side street that the Tudor is on, just chain up the trailer, put a car cover on and it will be fine!

I wouldn't worry about it at all Dan.

I would also like to strongly recommend the honeymoon suite at the Tudor, HAHA Funniest room ever!! :)

Faxed but not paid

Need to know if I filled it all out right first, then I'll pay.

On Com bank ready to send lol

you cant get it wrong, just pay it so you dont lose ur spot, even if u made a mistake ull probly get an email or pm saying wat you did wrong

what parts you waiting on? I hate the waiting game

TPS that bloody works. wrecker ones dont, nissan no stock, tried local places, Petroject now trade as Logicar, they might have one in Sydney but trying to get it down here is the challenge, the one for the part number for the car didnt fit. Atleast the slave cylinder that we found shagged was easily replaced(same as R31 for a PBR). Everything else is pretty much done, it is just the TPS, with the current one it drives like shit, has gotten worse over the past few drives, and it barely idles. Throttle response seems to be affected too. I don't know if this plays with the tune(different TPS reading too what it should be for that airflow)?

My cars idle is playing up and oil leak from rocker cover gaskets. Trying to get it all fixed before friday haha

The slave we found was an easy replacement, the cracked rim i got sorted too, it is the sourcing of the TPS that has turned into a mission!

Tell me about it!

I discovered today my front bar is hanging loose on one side. No idea how, I didn't hit anything, or even grind it.

I have a couple of options:

1. Buy a stock bar (one currently for $150 nearby) and fit that. Yellow with black bar, gonna be hot.

2. Drive up carefully, and remove it Friday night for the Saturday.

3. Cable ties and duct tape! Drift style!

Low on cash too. Will prob take option 3 as the bar is sh*thouse and I don't really care if it gets ruined.

RB_Ryan - Tried centre road wreckers? Pauls at knox?

Can't get there, and not too keen on 16-20yo sensors... i am working overtime(without the extra pay), in the city, so just cant get out there :)

I might pop down there tomorrow, if your keen let me know and i can go grab it for ya....but you have to get a pic of what it looks like because ive got no idea.

Actually its a SR there, so i dont think it would work

Put a wtb on NS when i comes back up

I might pop down there tomorrow, if your keen let me know and i can go grab it for ya....but you have to get a pic of what it looks like because ive got no idea.

Actually its a SR there, so i dont think it would work

Put a wtb on NS when i comes back up

Yeah Centre Road dont have any R32's I don't think... I might miss DECA but hopefully within a month I will have a new TPS... Might try and borrow one for the weekend...

Edited by RB_Ryan

I would also like to strongly recommend the honeymoon suite at the Tudor, HAHA Funniest room ever!! :D

They gave that room to Justin and I once for some reason...Interesting shower arrangement..

Yeah Centre Road dont have any R32's I don't think... I might miss DECA but hopefully within a month I will have a new TPS... Might try and borrow one for the weekend...

last time i went there they had a smashed up/burnt white r32 gts

Not much left of it though

hahah you mean you dont run wipers lol

S13 a track car?

That reminds me, i should get new wipers, mine are sqweaky as

I have wipers and motor, but it wasn't wired up, the car was stripped and re-asembled with quite a few mods, in april to get ready for May deca, and it was far from fine tuned. Yes track car, i already have to many rego's, and i don't want to loose my license.

Got my spoiler on last night (noticed the S13 boot lid is not that strong - I should probably make up some brackets or something but for now it's bolted to the boot lid - Russ, did you make up any support brackets for under the boot lid or anything or is yours a straight fit?))

Catch can goes in tonight then car will go in to get the alignment done (rear camber arms went in last week) and have the semi's put on my gay rims.

Can't wait for the weekend :D

lol T-Wing ? yes the weekend will be good

Touch wood nothing goes wrong for me this time. Last time i had to leave the car up there overnight and come back in the morning with spare wheel studs.

Not fun.

I wish i had of known, i could of helped you out, as they are piss easy to fit. i have alot of spare parts. i'll bring even more this time.

Trailer it there, if something goes wrong it beats having to leave and come back to get the busted car.

I weighed up and decided that having to get home, get a trailer (or parts) go back fix or load the car then come home again was enough grief that trailering the car was worth it.

yeh mechanical failure and hunan error can make it a pricey weekend, i'm in favour of the trailer ! infact i just picked up a new one in albury on the weekend. :D

we have left my car and big red out in the street. i just chain the trailer to the car with a lock.

have fun with that understeer dane ;)

18 pages. wow.

that's keen !

Hopefully it will be all sorted by Friday evening :(

Has oil seeped into and or around the leads/coils ? it interupts the spark to the plug in a huge way. also have you checked over the basic's, like spark plugs, fuel filter etc

RB_Ryan - Tried centre road wreckers? Pauls at knox?

I'd like to know who beat me to those headlights on the white s13 ! iv'e had a broken headlight since i got home from last deca. :( and anybody on ebay who says JDM wants too much.

last time i went there they had a smashed up/burnt white r32 gts

Not much left of it though

i think they finally got rid of it, replaced it with a bluebird trx

Sorry man, i keep thinking you have an s13. Hope you get it all sorted mate.

I'd like to know who beat me to those headlights on the white s13 ! iv'e had a broken headlight since i got home from last deca. :D and anybody on ebay who says JDM wants too much.

hahhah its was posted on ns.com and i went the next morning at 9am and there were already two guys that got pretty much everything. They even got around to opening the head lol

We/I left the headlights because 1 of them had a broken mount, i went back to 2pm and the good one was goneskis.

Which headlights do you have/need?

we have left my car and big red out in the street. i just chain the trailer to the car with a lock.

Locking the trailer to the tow car or the trailer to the car sitting on it?

One of the rear strut bolts is rounded ;) and vice grips keep slipping....should have listened to yout ryan and given it to my mechanic to put in lol

I had the same issue, the nuts are crap. I used one size smaller ring spanner and bashed it into the nut with a hammer and was able to remove it that way, then replace it.

who else is going with semi slick?

coz i just bought rims and they have semis on them and im hoping they arrive by friday!!

I am, mine go on the rims tomorrow hopefully. They're just cheap second handers but they will be worlds better than the wung chung wii's that are on it.

Dan, Bart and nicole are coming with us so they'll have a free car space for there room... But I already dibs it for my shoes. You can buy it off me if you want, all reasonable offers will be considered.

lol goon :D

Edited by ActionDan

have fun with that understeer dane :O

18 pages. wow.

I'm hoping my sexy DCCD switch will help me with that. I still have memories of Vin doing sweet donuts on the spot like a WRC car, and Ewok doing some nice slides around the cones in his '05 STi... I want to do that too! Wheeeeee :(

Dan: Lock the tailer to the tow car