SAU Community

M35 Obd2 Or Is It?

scotty nm35

http://www.blazt.biz/information/cars.php

lists V35, but im guessing thats a yankie V35, different to the JDM variety??? i talking consult-wise :thumbsup:

I tried this one on my car and it sees the RPM and can turn cylinders on and off to test them but beyond that it does no more.

This system works perfectly on the v35 but as this car was sold as an Infinity in the US I am sure this is why it was designed to be OBD2 compliant.

Our car was never sold outside Japan so this is why the porblem.

so we need consult 3 then?

the place my car was purchased had a working consult, but he said it cost them 10k to buy, and works on pretty much any car ever made lol

Berwick Nissan also gave me about 300 questions when I wanted a new keyblank for the Skyline...

Told them it was for a Micra, and even gave them a Micra vin.. that shut them up...

This is so short sighted of them not to take our money... Toyota went through the same thing with not wanting to touch the imports, then the penny dropped about how much Soarer owners are prepared to pay for servicing and parts... Toyota NZ even import and sell Grey import vehilces through their Toyota Signature scheme..

Haha! Berwick were actually more than happy to take my money ($97 per hour), but stated clearly that they refused to put their Consult on my car and would treat it as if it was a Falcodore...

I promptly called FTG Nissan from Berwick Nissan's phone and booked the car in.

consult 2 or 3 will work you rekon?

Yep.

FTG hook up M35's and V35's to their Consult 3... no problem.

already saw it. not sure the budget will stretch that far

there are also a whole load of other companies that will wholesale these out of china to you

already saw it. not sure the budget will stretch that far

there are also a whole load of other companies that will wholesale these out of china to you

Yeah, looking into it...

Consult 3 FOR SALE!!

Don't fight over it ladies...

The Toughbook CF-18 is nearly $6kAUD by itself.

That package is a bit too rich for the privateer though...

All UDM cars have been mandated for OBDII since around 2002 I think, and most are now CANbus. KWP is fairly popular in JDM cars, but don't hold your breath about compatibility. For example, my inlaws' MY99 Forester GT has the OBDII connector - and doesn't talk any languages except genuine Subaru. :P

http://www.blazt.biz/information/cars.php

lists V35, but im guessing thats a yankie V35, different to the JDM variety??? i talking consult-wise :angry:

Blazt are in NZ, and he lists the V35 tested as being a 350GT? So most likely tested on a JDM car. But it will be one with the VQ35DE, not the VQ25DET used in the Stageas most of you have - wonder if it is different?

Blazt are in NZ, and he lists the V35 tested as being a 350GT? So most likely tested on a JDM car. But it will be one with the VQ35DE, not the VQ25DET used in the Stageas most of you have - wonder if it is different?

It is definatley different. I have tested the Blatz gear on the M35 and it does not work.

Whilst the V35 is a JDM car, the same car was exported as an Infinity G35 to the US so you would have ti imagine that if all the G35 for the US are going to be ODB2 compliant they would use the same system in the JDM cars rather than creating a new platform just for this car.

Cheers

Andy

Im pretty sure you would have to run all the v35 computers to get it to talk. Too hard basket. Only option left is the Greddy info touch which apparently works on m35 and can reset some cars, probably not ours tho. If there is any info or programs that work, I cant find it. Surely someone in japan has cracked it.

:thumbsup:

LAU301100067.1.jpg

that reads it :thanks:

and its B'tooth!

6696_1.JPG

as does this :)

(not the best image of it but it will do.)

the top one is a LOT cheaper than the main X431. and if you keep it updated does 99% of what a C3 does

for the diagun loaded its $3600ish with a few manu's missing.

Edited by Chris Rogers

• 1 year later...

Did we get a complete answer on if the M35 is OBDII or not?

Just found this on the net, and thought it looked interesting...

ecoRoute HD

Trip computer info for those without the factory tv/nav... oh, and it's a sat nav..:thumbsup:

Does not work on our cars... :(

• 1 year later...

I know this has been covered (probably to death) but I have just bought a GoPoint Technology Cable GL1 www.gopointtech.com to connect my PNM35 to my old iPhone. I was hoping I might get lucky seeing as though my Stagea has the VQ35DE which the US Infiniti G35s have and also it is a bit newer, 2005.

Anyway, for any of the apps to first begin even trying to talk they need a power signal. After testing all the pins in the OBDii port there's no voltage on any of them when the engine is running. Should there be power and is there a fuse or something I need to check, or is it simply that the OBDii port pinouts are different.

I tested the cable on my brother's Yaris (yeah he's not exactly a car enthusiast) and it works great. I put a multimeter on the pins of the Yaris' OBD2 port and a few of them showed almost 12 volts and one (I think Pin 16) had almost 14 volts with the engine running.

All I am after is a simple computer to display basic parameters and in particular mileage. Also the engine check code thing would be good. If this doesn't work, I am going to look into the ECUDatascan www.ecudatascan.com.au which apparently works on R32s to R34s, Silvias etc.

Cheers