SAU Community

Nur33 Soon To Be A Time-attack Weapon.

Hi Guys

Some of you's maybe following our other project build N1 GTR RH8/RH9 Build. This is where it all started 3yrs ago. My first car i bought was a Freshly imported R34 GTT when i was 18yrs old, after owning that for a year my dad wanted a GTR so naturally i tagged along, and we test drove a few GTR's and ever since that day i never wanted to drive that GTT again so within a couple of weeks i sold the GTT to dad and bought a midly modified 95 R33 GTR and ave owned it ever since. Paid 40k for it in 2007 and since then have spent another good 50-60k on it.

The main reason for buying that particular GTR was:

1.Had a freshly run in R34 N1 NUR Engine in it.

2.AP Racing 6Pot Brakes on 355mm Rotors.

3.It looked hot at the time.

The main aim is to compete in the Superlap Series Soon. The car has just finishished Stage 4 Mods and can't begin stage 5 until the drag car is complete.

The list of parts will take days to write down, all's i can say is that it is 100% JDM, and again all work was done by us 3, only payed for someone to put tyres on the rims. This car has been the lab rat and big learning curve and will be featured in HPI Magazine soon.

Hope you enjoy will put pics up tomorow night and am happy to answer any questions you may have. Cheers.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks man i like fuel system too probably the best part of the car. The rear diffuser is made by ABFLUG, its fully carbon fibre and bolts onto the standard rear bumper cost me about $1500 from japan, but well worth it.

Hi Guys

I never cut the wheel well out just sheeted it of with some 3mm alloy with a support brace in the middle the used self taping screws to hold it down. Just used the outline of the carpet to get the correct size. Not the hardest job to do, then gave it a polish.

As for toys we do have another skyline a R34 GTT, but is just a daily driver (for now) it makes 222rkw at 12psi on standard turbo. We do have our old RB26 bottom end to put in it with the Rb26 Plenum aswell. Plans for that car will be a GTR widebody kit and full engine build to make bout 400-450rkw's maybe turn into drift car (see how the future pans out). But for now main focus is the R32 Drag car.

Here's a pic of the GTT for ya's. Cheers

post-56933-1248600560_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

I haven't gave a update in awhile so here's whats goin on.

The photoshoot for HPI was a great sucess, i would like to thank Scott at autoshotz for the awesome pics, couldn't be more happier, so stay tuned for HPI magazine for a write-up on NUR33.

Over the last month i was considering selling it, but after a hard long think i've decided to keep it, as i will never get my money back for it. The next stage for this project will be the most outrages overhaul NUR33 is ever gonna undertake, rego is due this month and its the last time i am ever gonna pay it (6 months). The car is great on the street, but is gives me the shits when i cant use its full potential, so March next year its getting a full tear down. Just waiting for dad to get RH8/9 R32 car off the hoist.

Anyways i am willing to budget another $70k-80k towards this project over the next 2yrs, as my goal is to have the most mental R33 in Australia. I want to kinda do what Mark Berry has done with his car, but with a few more unique touches (if thats possible) and try do as much of it myself. I have driven R32,R33 and R34 GTR's and consider the R33 to be the most stable so im gonna stick with it (even though its a lard arse).

As for now NUR33 is just a street car, our main focus is the R32 at the moment as we kinda want it complete by Christmas, that with give us a few months for testing, then Jambo here we come.

Here's a lil list of things to come:

-Carbon Everything (and i mean eveything)

-Either 2.8 or 3.0ltr bottom end

-Dry Sump

-HKS 2530's or GTRS

-Rollcage and Airjacks

-Holinger Gearbox

-Custom Subframes and Engine moved back.

-Better Brakes

-Plus a load more.

Any feedback will be greatly appreticiated as i need ideas and theories for help make this car one of a kind.

Cheers

Benny

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi Guys

Its been awhile since i updated this, many plans have changed since last time and i am sporting some new mods. It has pretty much been a dust collector for the last 6 months, as we have been busy with the R32 Drag Car. Once the R32 is finally off the hoist i can start doin some more major mods on the R33. If anyone is a HPI Reader you might have noticed it was in Aprils Issue 120, its a same it looks way better now.

New Mods that have been done:

-Brand New Genuine Series 3 Xenon Lights (Sexy)

-Autoselect Chibi Devil Front Lip (To match the canards)

-Eastbear Clear Front Indicators.

Plans have changed quite a bit, the car is no longer being turned into a track car, as we sold the R34 GTT to fund the drag car, so we dont have a street car anymore. So plan is to make it as nice streeter, as its stupid owning to race cars and not been able to use them all the time.

Mods to come:

-Full Superior Auto Creative Leather/Carbon Interior

-Window Tint

-A/C put back in.

-New Paint Job

-New Carbon Bonnet

-And some minor engine work.

Updated pics will be up soon.

Cheers

Benny

Hey

Met you one night ages ago (Prob when you just bought the car) while out one thursday night, Had a VL back then

Saw your car in Performance Imports, its come along well man, loved it the night I saw it and its only got better since then

so just saying hello from a fellow Mackay member :blink:

Hi Dudes

Thanks man, didn't know there was any other SAU Members in Mackay, cool.

Here's some updated pics for ya's:

post-56933-1273561559_thumb.jpg

post-56933-1273561580_thumb.jpg

post-56933-1273561604_thumb.jpg

post-56933-1273561974_thumb.jpg