SAU Community

M35 Brembo Brake Coversion

[[d a n n y]]

jetwreck, 33 GTR and 34 GTR (regardless of vspec or non vspec) are all 30mm thick rotors. they are all 324mm X 30mm. the only ones that are 32mm are the standard R32 GTR set-up (with sumitomo callipers) that are 296mm X 32mm. the Vspec R32 GTR have the same 324mm X 30mm rotor and the same brembo callipers as the 33/34 GTR do. there isn't a 324mm X 32mm rotor. you probably just remembered your 296mm set-up which would have been 32mm thick, but I promise ALL the 324mm brembo set-ups are a 30mm thick rotor, regardless of aftermarket or standard. it's not a huge deal, but yeah the extra 2mm would be nice for a bit more heat capacity.

jetwreck, 33 GTR and 34 GTR (regardless of vspec or non vspec) are all 30mm thick rotors. they are all 324mm X 30mm. the only ones that are 32mm are the standard R32 GTR set-up (with sumitomo callipers) that are 296mm X 32mm. the Vspec R32 GTR have the same 324mm X 30mm rotor and the same brembo callipers as the 33/34 GTR do. there isn't a 324mm X 32mm rotor. you probably just remembered your 296mm set-up which would have been 32mm thick, but I promise ALL the 324mm brembo set-ups are a 30mm thick rotor, regardless of aftermarket or standard. it's not a huge deal, but yeah the extra 2mm would be nice for a bit more heat capacity.

hmmmm.....Damn it!

apologies if I have led anyone astray on this!

....I don't know if I can admit that I am wrong on this to Alex!!! :P

use the AP big break kit for a 350z nuff said

Ap are up there as one of the best they make break kis for F1 for fs sake

sure, they might be great brakes- for a 600hp GTR track car. You might want something a bit more civilised for daily use (and about 1/10th the price)

#3) Z34 Akebono brake kit - thats a 14" disc with a 4 piston calliper.

yeah... couldn't be f'd trying to speel that properly...:happy:

Jetwreck - don't just admit your wrong like that! Brah, you interwebs balls just shrunk

:yes:

Edited by PN-Mad

braided brake lines are a great upgrade.

wait for the maltech ones, my long single ones have rubbed and move around a little. ill probably buy some new fronts when the maltech ones are ready

sure, they might be great brakes- for a 600hp GTR track car. You might want something a bit more civilised for daily use (and about 1/10th the price)

excatly having a disc that is to big is going to make braking worse if u can't keep the temperature in the disc's and pads............. they have a minimum operating temperature so going to big is just stupid!!!

• 2 years later...

It's the best option for getting good brakes under 17's, I still had some pad fade at PI after a few laps running A1RM's, but even the Akebono's will have issues stopping 2T continuously I would say.

What would you like to know? I may be selling mine soon enough...

I know the Brembo options are bolt on which is ace:

1. What size master cylinder do the M35's currently run and what size do the Track 350Z run?

2. Will they fit behind my Axis wheels? I really don't want to buy new wheels, as I am kind of fond of the Axis wheels.

wht510,

I installed 350Z brembos on my NM35.

1) currently using the factory NM35 unit.

2) I had 18x8 +38 but needed +5 spacer for the front to fit over the caliper. Back was fine.

BTW, the backing plates on the rear will need cutting.

What are you guys paying for Brembos? I have a set of D2s on the front of my Stagea - cost about NZ$2k but I think there is a group buy on this site run by R31Nismoid.

I paid 800$$ one of the best upgrades imo :) the fronts just fit over my 19 +35.. Had no fade on a short/technical track with my qfm hpx pads..

But wouldn't mind going slotted.

Thanks for the feedback Gents!

The Axis wheels, based on my quick look are +30mm, so I would think I would have to change them.

Don't want to do that at the moment...I'm kind of fond of them.

I do see an M35 with the number plate SKIPOW near my area which runs 19" TE-37's and brembo's. Looks awesome!

Thanks for the feedback Gents!

The Axis wheels, based on my quick look are +30mm, so I would think I would have to change them.

Don't want to do that at the moment...I'm kind of fond of them.

I do see an M35 with the number plate SKIPOW near my area which runs 19" TE-37's and brembo's. Looks awesome!

I don't think so actually, the internal spoke profile of the AXIS rim is quite deep, you might get away with it.

Contact one of the Vic members.

I'm sure they would mind you trying to slot a wheel on a GTR to test it out.

I know the sumitomos don't work with AXIS wheels, and I don't think that Brembos will either, but give it a go.

Contact one of the Vic members.

I'm sure they would mind you trying to slot a wheel on a GTR to test it out.

I know the sumitomos don't work with AXIS wheels, and I don't think that Brembos will either, but give it a go.

Interedasting; I stand corrected. ;)

If the Sumitomos don't fit with the AXIS rims; I'd almost guarantee the Brembo's won't, as the disc offset on the 350Z Brembo puts the rotor face (and therefore the caliper) closer to the wheel mounting face by about 5mm.

With the Brembo being a larger caliper than the Sumi; any clearance will be even smaller.

350z track rims are +30 offset, and obviously clears the brembo. I had both on my M35...

Guess it'll depend on your spoke design. Should be ok I reckon.

This is interesting information.

Might have to try and fit an Axis wheel to a 350Z track...