SAU Community

Andra Vs E85 ... Sign The Petition.

Butters

Hi All,

As you may or may not be aware ANDRA have banned E85 as Fuel acceptable for drag racing.

100% Ethanol is currently allowed and E85 is availalbe to the general public at the bowser.

ANDRA have claimed that the mixture is to hard to measure but this is not true as the V8supercars use it as there control fuel. E85 is a step forward for this country.

It is better for the environment and is produced from renewable waste. Stop ANDRA holding Australia back!

Clicky --> http://www.gopetition.com.au/online/32119.html

I urge you all to sign the petition. You never know when this might end up affecting you.

If you don't think it will ever affect you then sign anyway and help out the environment and motorsport in one hit !

Edited by Butters

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

done #65

i can see a very big push from racefuel suppliers to have ANDRA ban E85...they put a lot of money into the sport and will stand to loose a big market share if E85 goes onto the approved fuels list.

Got nothing to do with fuel analisis...its all about money.

Hey i signed, but i can't actually see where it says that e85 is banned on the web page

http://www.andra.com.au/subpage.asp?Page=A...uels&Menu=9

It says at the bottom,

Any fuel produced by an oil company that is available to the general public through a retail petrol station bowser in at least three ANDRA divisions.

Can anyone interpret?? does that mean the fuel can be used??

Dirt, i believe you about the price thing though. Why would you (for the average racer) go out and spend $4-5+/L for a pretty good blend of rocket fuel. Saves tying to measure out ratios of toluene, just roll up to a servo and fill up!!

Yes you are correct that is what is says.

I also read by that wording that E85 was allowed.

But the fuel tech for ANDRA is very clear that it is not allowed.

They believe it is not available at "enough" bowsers to quailify.

done #65

i can see a very big push from racefuel suppliers to have ANDRA ban E85...they put a lot of money into the sport and will stand to loose a big market share if E85 goes onto the approved fuels list.

Got nothing to do with fuel analisis...its all about money.

Exactly the guys that support the drag racing scene in general make a fair chuck of their money from race fuel sales.

The issue i see is without the fuel sales the sport and andra may lose some backers which would be worse for the sport than a ban on E85... but then more guys running E85 means they could race more which means more income.....

Edited by URAS

Hey i signed, but i can't actually see where it says that e85 is banned on the web page

http://www.andra.com.au/subpage.asp?Page=A...uels&Menu=9

It says at the bottom,

Any fuel produced by an oil company that is available to the general public through a retail petrol station bowser in at least three ANDRA divisions.

Can anyone interpret?? does that mean the fuel can be used??

First hurdle.....is E85 produced by an "oil company"?

Or is it produced by CSR, which I am not sure is an "oil company" and distributed through retail petrol stations, albeit in a limited form.

Next hurdle, if the above one is passed, is to find out whether it is available to the general public through the bowser in at least three ANDRA divisions.

I also note this statement on the ANDRA website:

Any Methanol or Ethanol that has no performance enhancing additives

Does this mean E100 would qualify as it is pure Ethanol and not blended with any "performance enhancing additives"? What is a performance enhancing additive? Is the other 15% of E85 i.e. unleaded pump fuel, considered to be a performance enhancing additive?

I don't know the answer to these questions - I'm just reading and taking a literal interpretation of the stated ANDRA policy.

Edited by juggernaut1

First hurdle.....is E85 produced by an "oil company"?

Or is it produced by CSR, which I am not sure is an "oil company" and distributed through retail petrol stations, albeit in a limited form.

Next hurdle, if the above one is passed, is to find out whether it is available to the general public through the bowser in at least three ANDRA divisions.

I also note this statement on the ANDRA website:

Any Methanol or Ethanol that has no performance enhancing additives

Does this mean E100 would qualify as it is pure Ethanol and not blended with any "performance enhancing additives"? What is a performance enhancing additive? Is the other 15% of E85 i.e. unleaded pump fuel, considered to be a performance enhancing additive?

I don't know the answer to these questions - I'm just reading and taking a literal interpretation of the stated ANDRA policy.

The E85 i was planning to run is produced by CSR and is the control fuel for the V8 Supercars. I obtain it direct from AVESCO Fuel Control so its the real deal and in my opinion the best and most consistent E85 fuel you can get your hands on. Ive just spent big bucks upgrading the fuel system to run this in the car (2000hp fuel pump, fuel cell, aeromotive reg., Hypertune rail, 1600cc injectors and over $1000 worth of -10 and -8 lines and fittings) and now its all a waste of time. Might just have to run 2000cc injectors and use straight Methanol.

The VP Roo16 i previously ran was $13.50 a litre!!! I buy the control fuel E85 for $400 per 200 litre drum delivered. i was trying to save on running costs to try and make racing a bit more economic for me but all this excercise has done is cost me more money. >_<

Edited by DiRTgarage

The E85 i was planning to run is produced by CSR and is the control fuel for the V8 Supercars. I obtain it direct from AVESCO Fuel Control so its the real deal and in my opinion the best and most consistent E85 fuel you can get your hands on. Ive just spent big bucks upgrading the fuel system to run this in the car (2000hp fuel pump, fuel cell, aeromotive reg., Hypertune rail, 1600cc injectors and over $1000 worth of -10 and -8 lines and fittings) and now its all a waste of time. Might just have to run 2000cc injectors and use straight Methanol.

The VP Roo16 i previously ran was $13.50 a litre!!! I buy the control fuel E85 for $400 per 200 litre drum delivered. i was trying to save on running costs to try and make racing a bit more economic for me but all this excercise has done is cost me more money. :D

I think people are getting riled up over nothing, just run methanol - the fuel is cheap and makes good power what more is there to say

I think people are getting riled up over nothing, just run methanol - the fuel is cheap and makes good power what more is there to say

I think the reason people are getting all riled up, is because the fuel is cheap, fairly easibly accesible(bowsers) and has great performance possibilities without the need to drain the fuel system after every night of racing. Plus people can use drive their car to from the strip and still use the same settings.

Although for the majority of us, ANDRA's not goign to check the fuel in our tank before we go for a run on a Wed night or probably even at a Jambo or sport compact event. Mainly for those bracket meets and what not.

Yah dirt, feel sorry for ya for the setup. Kinda sucks setting up only having to change the system again, although no doubt the system would be fairly similar.