SAU Community

Rb25de (supercharged) Project

Cool. Well it seems like the logical way to go to try and maximise power while trying to keep the boost to a slightly sensible level. Otherwise I will have to run the car on straight methanol to take advantage of the super high boost and not have detonation issues! lol.

You should move here now....its starting to warm up quite rapidly. QLD likes to skip spring and go straight to summer!

hahah So did Canberra...went from 5 deg C to 28 overnight

Methanol would be fun then add a splash of Nitro Methane....you know about 15% and have some fun with 60psi lol

I am drooling at that thought right now......You know my uncle has a couple of drums of methanol in his shed.....the 99.9% pure elf racing indy grade stuff!

Just need to fab up a 200litre tank so I can make it to the shops and back!

Quickly worked out the numbers. 60psi would be piss easy to achieve, 0.7bar from the charger and 2 bar from the turbo. Boom 4.1bar = 60.27psi

I am drooling at that thought right now......You know my uncle has a couple of drums of methanol in his shed.....the 99.9% pure elf racing indy grade stuff!

Just need to fab up a 200litre tank so I can make it to the shops and back!

Quickly worked out the numbers. 60psi would be piss easy to achieve, 0.7bar from the charger and 2 bar from the turbo. Boom 4.1bar = 60.27psi

Hey mikey have i told you that there is no nissan engine which has survived longer than 6 seconds with that kind of boost levels.

Hey mikey have i told you that there is no nissan engine which has survived longer than 6 seconds with that kind of boost levels.

there was a Hyundai excel drag car that used to run 86psi and rev to something like 10k

they would usually last a few races and then crack the bores and they would just replace it with another stock block, pretty funny.

Whats that senile old coot done this time Mike? :rolleyes:

He got a little carried away with the rb30 for the race car and forgot to put the grubscrew oil restrictors in! Only remembered when he was fitting the turbo to the exhaust manifold. Had to take head and surrounding shit off to fit them!

The two 6mm holes would have drowned the head in oil for sure lol.

I am hoping to go, but only if I get the car finished in time and sorted. If not then I wont bother going.

Turbo is assembled and bolted on loosely. Everything appears good so far. Need to get oil and water lines sorted now!

post-12828-0-55599900-1315832216_thumb.jpg

post-12828-0-08501500-1315832232_thumb.jpg

wow man that is intense..

when you threw the motor it did u have the blower off cos that engine mount would be a nightmare to tighten...

• 2 weeks later...

lol im sure you wont die before I get it done. Finished mounting the new intercooler and nearly finished off the new charger outlet piping which got destroyed when I removed it off the charger...that threebond sure sticks lol.

Weve been working on the race car for the last few weeks so there hasnt been much time to get my own shit done :(

Hopefully tomorrow if bathurst doesnt catch too much of my attention I will be working on the exhaust!!!