SAU Community

Operation Pipe Down - Vic Cops Vs Noisy Cars

ashneel

If imported cars were not clearly targeted for noise and epa tests this exercise would almost be pointless.There is more unsafe cars on the road than what most of us people on here drive.If we have a problem with our cars that we think is unsafe or needs fixing at least we try to have it fixed.Most of our cars have been tuned to have better fuel consumption using higher grades of petrol.

i would hate to see what a 1974 holden with lead replacement fuel uses

and the overall pollution it puts out with no cat and bad shockers drum breaks and every thing worn out not including the extra oil it burns or the old dodge truck that jack uses to take his sheep to the farm.leaving black smoke behind him for the last (MILE) Yes mile not kilometers

sooner or later our cars will not be a revenue raiser for the government and will be classed as a form of transport just like JACKS TRUCK ...

"While it did not offer specific numbers, Victoria Police noted the Nissan Skyline range as the vehicle of choice for the majority of offenders."

In order to be an offender, you must be proven guilty. Unless the db get physically measured, this statement is incorrect.

It should read "Victoria Police is now targetting the Nissan Skyline range" :)

"While it did not offer specific numbers, Victoria Police noted the Nissan Skyline range as the vehicle of choice for the majority of offenders."

In order to be an offender, you must be proven guilty. Unless the db get physically measured, this statement is incorrect.

It should read "Victoria Police is now targetting the Nissan Skyline range" :/

Maybe at the end of the day, even though they handed out loads of EPA's, maybe only 1/3 of the cars are actually over the limit lol, so that's why they don't want to state it, so it still looks successful lol

If imported cars were not clearly targeted for noise and epa tests this exercise would almost be pointless.There is more unsafe cars on the road than what most of us people on here drive.If we have a problem with our cars that we think is unsafe or needs fixing at least we try to have it fixed.Most of our cars have been tuned to have better fuel consumption using higher grades of petrol.

i would hate to see what a 1974 holden with lead replacement fuel uses

and the overall pollution it puts out with no cat and bad shockers drum breaks and every thing worn out not including the extra oil it burns or the old dodge truck that jack uses to take his sheep to the farm.leaving black smoke behind him for the last (MILE) Yes mile not kilometers

sooner or later our cars will not be a revenue raiser for the government and will be classed as a form of transport just like JACKS TRUCK ...

Don't be silly, why would they target an innocent civilian like that? They want to chase down the real criminals, Skylines with sports exhausts who by association and stereotyping break road rules all the time. All of us desperate criminals interfering with the lives of other people. Spending our money on maintaining our cars instead of drugs. We really should form something of a vocal minority club based around this kind of shit - whichever government offers to give up the bullshit revenue raising tactics gets our vote. Because there are ALOT of car enthusiasts in Victoria. It would take alot of pride swallowing for some one eyed voters to be prepared for a swing vote though. Cause right now both major state government parties just seem to be trying to out do each other rather than differ on issues. Instead of "I won't do this" it's a case of "I'll do it twice as much as you can".

Noise pollution is the biggest crock of shit excuse. Fair enough a party next door with loud music going on for hours into the night, you can't escape that. But how long does it take for a car to drive by a house, 3 seconds at 50km/h? Can you even hear the exhaust from inside other cars when driving on the road? I imagine the people who have it worst are those who sit at a bus stop and have to listen to cars idle when traffic comes to a stop, for about a minute. And we all know how deafening an engine idle can be.

harley's do get pinned.... i was speaking to a noise tester the other day and he was saying that he used to get heaps of them in...

i'm all for bird's idea actually... if we organised to vote in a particular direction, 100,000 odd votes could actually get the government thinking

why are people suprised that skylines rated so highly they are as common as a fkn holden/ford and are a lot louder.. coulda picked that as a no brainer they'd be up there

you'ze guys are soft if u go by with ya big cannon blasting people are gonna think the same of you today as they did 3 weeks ago really article doesnt change much.. not to mention how many people read that?

But the lawmakers are slaves to the media Alex...

That's why Skylines were/are targeted in the first place, because of every article that ever mentioned Skylines since the beginning of time. It's not a word of mouth thing, it's media.

they havent been targetted since day dot.

like saying vn commo's were always bogan spec single spinner brakie machines.

its the sheer number of skylines on the roads that has caused this problem not the media. particularly 33's when you say skyline 90% of ppl would think 33 over a 32 or 34 as their are lower volume of them getting around

it amazes me how many skylines i see around every single day.

I'm quite sure that this would attract an EPA...

:P

Anyway, I haven't been done (as far as I know), but I have seen a couple cars get pulled over - one was a WRX and another was a CRX with 20" exhaust :D If they are going after noisy shitboxes, that's great :)

I'm quite sure that this would attract an EPA...
:P

Anyway, I haven't been done (as far as I know), but I have seen a couple cars get pulled over - one was a WRX and another was a CRX with 20" exhaust :merli: If they are going after noisy shitboxes, that's great :(

That sounded terrible..

that reminds me, i heard a gtr33 at idle at least 30m away.. and it was pretty loud.. but that was in a sheltered carpark at chadstone, so maybe the echos make it seem louder.

but that, i'm sure will definitely cop a defect.

they havent been targetted since day dot.

like saying vn commo's were always bogan spec single spinner brakie machines.

its the sheer number of skylines on the roads that has caused this problem not the media. particularly 33's when you say skyline 90% of ppl would think 33 over a 32 or 34 as their are lower volume of them getting around

it amazes me how many skylines i see around every single day.

It goes:

Large number of Skylines > Media > Police

The reason I say media are largely responsible is because there have always been a large number of Skylines on the road for 10 years...yet the police and the lawmakers are getting worse and worse in their operations and laws because the media are getting worse in their reports. It was always bad for imports but its much worse than it was 10 years ago.

It goes:

Large number of Skylines > Media > Police

The reason I say media are largely responsible is because there have always been a large number of Skylines on the road for 10 years...yet the police and the lawmakers are getting worse and worse in their operations and laws because the media are getting worse in their reports. It was always bad for imports but its much worse than it was 10 years ago.

I've noticed.

Its much much worse now... I just can't wait till the attention moves to the next "big" thing.

While we are flavour of the month I don't think there is too much we can do - as much as I would like o do something. All you can really do is not be stupid on the roads, even then thats not enough...

So how's this. I get an EPA notice in the mail today...as reported by the cop who got me for my HID headlights earlier this month. He didn't even look at my exhaust system, or listen to it. So now I have to pay $75 to have someone test my car because a cop assumed my exhaust isn't legal and that my car doesn't meet emissions standards. And if my car fails that test, I have to pay $37 for a re-test. Am I supposed to just guess that my car meets the standards and bad luck if I have to re-test?

This place is f**ked.