SAU Community

Operation Pipe Down - Vic Cops Vs Noisy Cars

ashneel

Just a friendly heads up.

Yes we are following cars and recording their rego’s.

And if you thought, we weren’t dogs enough already.

We’ve placed inspectors at busy streets, with the sole purpose of recording down rego’s.

Expect your Certificate of Participation soon.

That is, if we have not already defected the postie.

amazing to think that liberals rkn we need more police when the crime rate seems to have stooped soo low that police are cruising around for allegedly noisy cars rego's seems like we could shed a few and spend the money elsewhere..

lemme hear ya say drift track

Yes we are following cars and recording their rego's.

And if you thought, we weren't dogs enough already.

We've placed inspectors at busy streets, with the sole purpose of recording down rego's.

I know that you do what you're told to do - and you probably do them without complaint. Orders come from above, after all!!

My questions here are, would most police rather be getting knife-wielders off the streets?

And since drug/alcohol related crime has reached pandemic proportions, would there be a greater demand for society's sake to clamp down on these matters over and above casting aspersions upon pods and exhausts that are even softer than a lambo?

Are not proportions of complements in each squad just a bit out of scew IYHO - especially since car enthusiasts would probably prefer to spend $$$ on their beloved cars than on drugs?

And if you thought, we weren’t dogs enough already.

We’ve placed inspectors at busy streets, with the sole purpose of recording down rego’s.

You'd be surprised - quite a few people on here are understanding that it's orders from above and you simply do what you're told to do. Any other negativity directed at police is either a childish and ignorant perception that police on the frontline have some sort of say over the campaigns and roles they are designated. The remaining percentage are, well, either lies or the actual dogs who do go about their job the not so reasonable way.

On that note, the "I'm just doing my job" mantra didn't cut it for the nazis when they were tried. And I can't see many police banding together with us to say "this isn't right" and "we're much better used elsewhere". If they do, well, those in power are doing a good job of hiding it. Thanks for the heads up but if the operation is anything like you describe it then we're screwed no matter how much warning.

I wasn't aware that the Vic Police had active members from RMIT Uni specifically assigned to liasing with online forums, or that they subcontracted to graduate program members of Downer EDI Works.

Just giving you a friendly heads up that impersonating a police officer is a criminal offence, whether it be in person or electronically. If you wish to persist in these antics, then I will have no hesitations to contact your employer, uni and home ISP in addition to the police with reference to the posts you've made on these forums (they've all been archived and logged).

If however you do wish to post as a representative of the Police on these forums, I can provide you with contact details, to have a letter in writing sent to, from your Media Unit to authorise your drivel and inflammatory remarks as official statements on their behalf.

bah ha ha c'mon no one really thought 80kph was a copper did they?. . .

lol oh well all coppers must be north of frankston cos i havent seen one down here in a while.

keep em busy for me fellas

bah ha ha c'mon no one really thought 80kph was a copper did they?. . .

Its the intranets, treat it like the media, believe nothing of what you read and only have of what you see.

lol oh well all coppers must be north of frankston cos i havent seen one down here in a while.

keep em busy for me fellas

seen a few joe plods getting around but nothing major, not keeping an eye out for them any way since im driving the daily fairlane atm.

Obviously IMO this Operation is a waste of time but an operation such as this will get someone high up promoted and it's very easy for them to show how successful it was with issuing huge amounts of EPA notices. Can't fail as nothing can really go wrong with it.

If you run operation to say reduce street crime/assaults and a few idiots start fight and stab someone then you operation would be marked as huge failure and that failure held against you.

We are finally trying to get more members out and about on front line duties but will probably take another couple of years to do so. Our former chief who has been highlighted in the media lately showing her true leadership abilities and concern for public or lack thereof it's little wonder that things have gone down hill rapidly over last 8 years.

I must say I have seen a major increase with the lack of respect towards police especially by teenagers in last 12 months. Also the public becoming much more demanding and lots of complaints. Almost everyone I deal with wants to make complaint.

Taking this into account it would be much easier for me to pull over skyline with exhaust and give out EPA notice than grab the youth with knife, smashing bus stop, graffiti etc that will tell me to "Get F''cked, I'm a dog C'nt" over and over again, take lots of paperwork to deal with and will then get nothing at court and then make complaint about me.

I have seen lots and lots of what I would call really good members lose interest over this in last couple of years.

I can't wait until I get my EPA notice in the mail. I have a feeling I was reported whilst being pulled over about a week and a half ago.

If I do, i will certainly be taking it to court. I urge anyone who has received one of these notices to contact your solicitor for legal advice.

BTW, when I was pulled over the first thing the guy said to me was (and I quote): "Just letting you know you're not obliged to say anything, but anything you do say can be used as evidence".

I nearly pissed my pants laughing. What a wanker!

Well any kind of brownie points will do atm. Brumby's promised 2000 more members in the force by next year and they've just had an intake of a 1000 or something, so they have to show some stats to justify that to both the public and the people signing the cheques.

Obviously IMO this Operation is a waste of time but an operation such as this will get someone high up promoted and it's very easy for them to show how successful it was with issuing huge amounts of EPA notices. Can't fail as nothing can really go wrong with it.

If you run operation to say reduce street crime/assaults and a few idiots start fight and stab someone then you operation would be marked as huge failure and that failure held against you.

We are finally trying to get more members out and about on front line duties but will probably take another couple of years to do so. Our former chief who has been highlighted in the media lately showing her true leadership abilities and concern for public or lack thereof it's little wonder that things have gone down hill rapidly over last 8 years.

I must say I have seen a major increase with the lack of respect towards police especially by teenagers in last 12 months. Also the public becoming much more demanding and lots of complaints. Almost everyone I deal with wants to make complaint.

Taking this into account it would be much easier for me to pull over skyline with exhaust and give out EPA notice than grab the youth with knife, smashing bus stop, graffiti etc that will tell me to "Get F''cked, I'm a dog C'nt" over and over again, take lots of paperwork to deal with and will then get nothing at court and then make complaint about me.

I have seen lots and lots of what I would call really good members lose interest over this in last couple of years.

Is there like sort of a Rules of Engagement guide for police officers?

Like if some dick with a knife comes threatening you, as a policeman, are you able to disarm the guy and then arrest him? And how many policemen are out on patrols per car? I'm thinking 2/car but thats just from movies and stuff, the only one time i've been pulled over, there was only one officer in the car, how would that ensure his safety if he's dealing with criminals?

And do people caught smashing bus stops and vandalising shit really get away with the stuff they do? Why isn't this publicised more openly? Who would want trash like that prowling the streets, with knives no less? And is there a law against verbally abusing a policeperson? Are these laws just for show?

And one more thing, if I, as a civilian, foreigner no less, get robbed at knifepoint, i disarm the guy, smash his own knife into his thigh, am i liable? Or can i plead self defence and get off with no criminal record? Because it seems to me that I can be charged for assault just by defending myself. Am pretty sure, you as a police officer should be able to answer my questions.

Alvin: Generally 2 police per car but TMU work one up most of the time. You just generally don't go to jobs that could turn bad. I have gotten in trouble before for going to armed robbery where offender was heavily drug affected male armed with knife. I caught him as he was about to get onto busy tram. I decided that it was imperative to apprehend him before back up could arrive for the safety of the people on the tram and I got into trouble from my boss for it. Not good work. Makes no sense.

I have been in pursuit whilst one up which was terminated straight away and apprehended offenders for other things but I go to more jobs than most as my sergeants know me well enough that I will make the right call in the situation for my safety and the public.

I think it's becoming more publicized about the lack of punishment at court. Highlighted with things like the convicted rapist that was released within 3 years and then raped and killed his next door neighbors which was front page news a while ago. I believe that there in no insulting/abusive words to police anymore. The courts have decided that people can talk to us however they want and we should cop it on the chin. Yet I'm in a lot of trouble at present for sending a message to a mate after a massive brawl at hotel we attended with a couple of choice words describing the behavior of the patrons.

Absolutely you can defend yourself and won't get charged as long as the force is reasonable.

You can see while most members would rather pull over a car and fine/epa/nou than deal with this other stuff.