SAU Community

My Skyline - Stolen!!!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool im around that area. ill keep an eye out.

i just had my skyline broken in to 2 weeks ago. they stole the cd player. bov blitz with pipe.

apexi air filter and air flow meter. boot carpet. front grill gtr style. as well as smashing the driver side window.

thank God it wasnt stolen cos my insurence was overdue for over a month!!!

i did here a skyline take off in the middle of the night. dam..... i shouldnt have left it parked on the road.

:werd:

i'll be forking out for Mobile paging and immobilisation now.

24-7 monitoring... while it may cost me... i dont trust anyone at the moment.

Car thiefs are running riot lately and local authorities are doing nothing to stop the crooks that are getting more and organised and little is being done apart from park your car in safe places.

but tell me, if my own driveway is not safe, where is?

Hope all goes well harun!

Im Yo security Bitch, Paging, Tracking you name it!!

what happens if you get car jacked or something of that sort....

i dont think there is a security system that can stop a thief stealing a car there just simple deterrents. If they really want ya car there gonna take it!

Actually Brant Nemesis has an anti-hijack feature. It's a great alarm, comes standard on WRXs, but is a bit of a pain in the butt in its operation...

Car was spotted heading towards Wynum exit on the Gate-Way. My police friends are trying to get the tapes for me.

(by the way this is in SE-QLD - brisbane)

At least you know they are driving it (100x better chance for recovery), not good for the car if they are thrashing it though :)

i just had my skyline broken in to 2 weeks ago. they stole the cd player. bov blitz with pipe.

apexi air filter and air flow meter. boot carpet. front grill gtr style. as well as smashing the driver side window

man, my mate at work had his 180 broken into at hawthorn and they did EXACTLY THE SAME SHIT TO HIS CAR AS YOURS

broke the drivers window

took stereo, blow off, air filter, steering wheel (was after market), as well as other bits and pieces that werent worth shit;

bah, makes me angry

I GOT MY CAR BACK

Picked it up not long ago

police did 2 raids arrested 4 people searching for 4th.

The car has not been touched in any form and only travelled a mere 30kms. Thank god for smart boost controllers as the idiots tried to boost but couldnt boost it more then .6 bar.

Thank you to all who helped out.

BTW the car was found at North St kingston, and a guy by the name of Narcis Pop was charged several times in regards to the theft of my car.

Also in regards to Famous, they had refused to pay me out because i had willingly given my car keys to some one else. The car was not stolen from home.

will answer any questions.

thank you all

You're very lucky mate.

I know of a guy over here in the UK who spent about 2 years doing up a Rover 220 GTI. The car standard isn't all that nice, but he put a lot of work into it and it looked great. Then some joy-riders stole it, dumped it and burned it. No respect whatsoever.

Mate, that's great news. I had my WRX stolen 2 years ago and it's never been seen since. I can honestly say it was the best example of a 2 year old WRX that I've ever seen. I bought it brand new and looked after it like it was my child.

Until you've had a car stolen, you'll never know what it feels like.

How did this "willingly" hand over the keys occur?

Hmm.. so you didn't willingly hand them directly to the thief then? Sounds like a typical insurance company trying to weasel their way out of paying.

Believe it or not, I'm still in dispute with my insurance company over items that were in the car at the time, viz. my camera equipment. It was valued at a little over $3,000, but they decided that they only wanted to pay me $1250 for it. You can understand why I've not accepted their offer.

I await hearing what argument the insurer put to you for not covering the theft (when you can give us a run down)

Hmm.. so you didn't willingly hand them directly to the thief then? Sounds like a typical insurance company trying to weasel their way out of paying.

Who would you willing hand your keys?

Take a guess. Maybe you've done it before.

It's incredibly lucky to get the car back intact.

T.