SAU Community

M35's Wheels. What Wheels Do You Like On Your M35?

bLaQ.bOi

I'm looking to buy some new 18 inch Work XT7's and need to know what offset and width I can go. I was hoping I could fit 9.5 inch as I think they would just fit with a little guard massaging.

I don't want spacers so I need to get this right first time. Any ideas guys?

post-63525-1279295509_thumb.jpg

I'm looking to buy some new 18 inch Work XT7's and need to know what offset and width I can go. I was hoping I could fit 9.5 inch as I think they would just fit with a little guard massaging.

I don't want spacers so I need to get this right first time. Any ideas guys?

Hey Scotty,

Spoolin and I worked out that the perfect fitment is a 9.5 with a +35 offset for the M35.

This will get it flush to the body without any rolling of guards and clear the front suspension arm by about 7mm. So no mods to the body and 100% no scrubbing.

It will also mean you get that deeper spoke pull on the XT7's that make them look soo good!

Im pretty sure the XT7 come in a 18x9.5 +38 which would be sweet with a 3mm spacer to give a little extra clearance on the front suspension arm (if it wasnt for that arm, we could easily fit 10.5 to 11" all the way round!

Edited by bbenny

Hey Scotty,

Spoolin and I worked out that the perfect fitment is a 9.5 with a +35 offset for the M35.

This will get it flush to the body without any rolling of guards and clear the front suspension arm by about 7mm. So no mods to the body and 100% no scrubbing.

It will also mean you get that deeper spoke pull on the XT7's that make them look soo good!

Im pretty sure the XT7 come in a 18x9.5 +38 which would be sweet with a 3mm spacer to give a little extra clearance on the front suspension arm (if it wasnt for that arm, we could easily fit 10.5 to 11" all the way round!

As Scotty stated he didn't want spacers, sucks that it is hard to fill the guards without having to add spacers.

If the suspension arm has 7mm clearance and he went with a +38 rim, that would reduce the clearance to 4mm. I assume this would be running too close for comfort?

Mmm 4mm is cutting it close as there is flex in those parts. I would rather push them out a bit more and rollll. ;)

Looks like +30's are the go then?

+ 30 will be fine, you will just have to roll the lip on the rear guard or just run a tyre size down so they are a little more stretched.

I just would be careful on the front guard.

Here is how a +35 sits on my car - as you can see its pretty flush up front. So +30 will sit 5mm further out, the rear will be fine with just a roll if needed, but the front guards are already rolled.

Honestly you will be fine with a stretched tyre.

_MG_7823.jpg_MG_7824.jpg

_MG_7827.jpg

9.5 +38 fits ok I tried some on last weekend. I'm going to a mates tonight just to try some wheels on so I will let you know how it goes.

• 1 year later...

Sounds about right.

I provided that to Braid, and they said they'd suggest an 18 x 8 +40-42, but because they were a wider rim they'd sit out more and fill the guards a bit better.

So that's probably the way I'll go. A nice set of these:

1222869591.preview.jpg

http://samotorsporttyres.com.au/content/winrace-1

Sounds about right.

I provided that to Braid, and they said they'd suggest an 18 x 8 +40-42, but because they were a wider rim they'd sit out more and fill the guards a bit better.

So that's probably the way I'll go. A nice set of these:

1222869591.preview.jpg

http://samotorsportt...ntent/winrace-1

+40/+42 would look crap. go minimum +30...

an 8 inch rim isn't that wide...

Agreed!

I ran AR-X 18x8 +40, but when I went to V35 18x8 +30; looks so much better! Consider +30 the absolute minimum; then get a little braver.

Also make sure you don't go too small on rolling dia, even 20's can get swallowed up in those big wheelarches if you go too low a profile.

I'm getting tyres fitted Saturday. I'm looking at a 245/45-18 as there is a greater choice in that size. Also thinking of a 235/45-18 to get a little stretch to help clear the guards. Not that big of a choice in that size either. I like the fact the 245/45-18 is a little taller than stock to help correct the spedo a little. I'm assuming all m35's read higher than actual speed. Just hope they don't hit the guards on bumps or steering lock.

I'm looking at nexen n1000, anyone had any experience with these?

Edited by slippylotion