SAU Community

How Well Do You Know The R32 Gt-r. Godzilla?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprise to most of us (that it was N.C.), but you're...

Absolutely Correct! :) > and he even had a podium finish!

Why is it a surprise to anyone? If you think about the 92 race the "winner" had three wheels left on it & the third placed car (Crompton & his sadly departed co driver - go look it up) were closing down the # 17 Sierra hand over fist.

Basically had the race not been red flagged he would have won. Coulda woulda shoulda...........

The R32 GTR’s 0-60mph time was only 6.2 seconds. However a couple of simple modifications would boost the power and speed to a blistering 4.6 seconds.

Umm, wtf? From factory the car can do 0-100km/h in sub 5 seconds with the factory boost restrictor in place... My previous gts-t could do 0-100 in 6.5 completly stock and you are saying the GTR could only go 0.3secs faster???

Nissan produced 100 Australian models of the R32.

No they didn't, they imported them, they did NOT 'produce' them.

The R32 GTR is the lightest of all the GTR models.

Lighter than the 1969 PGC-10.... I don't think so!

Surprise to most of us (that it was N.C.), but you're...

Absolutely Correct! :D > and he even had a podium finish!

What Colour was exclusive to the Nissan Skyline R-32 GTR V-Spec I?

Did you know that there were:

~Standard Cars = 40,390

~NISMO Group A Evolution = 560

~V-Spec = 1,453

~V-Spec II = 1,303

~N1 Race Version = 228

~43,930 in total produced of the 32 gtr

~Originally only 510 were suppose to be made to be within the rules of Japans Group A racing but demade was so stong that they released the model for unlimited production. Hence the 560 for the Nismo Group A total.

~The N1 doesn't have abs, air conditioning, sound system, rear wiper, trunk carpet, and the use of light-weight headlights and were only produced with a crystal white paint.

~The V-spec models have brembo brakes, a retuned attesa system to the N1 and nismo options and they weigh 50kg more than the standard gtrs. The V-spec II also had 17" rims

~Production of the Gtr started out in May 22, 1989

~The first Gtr was produced in February 4, 1969 know as PGC10.

This is an awesome thread and should be sticky'd as well. Also the first link doesn't work OHY34H

Aus delivered R32GTR's had some things and different stuff, such as:

260KM dash

no speed limiter?

small rubber aerial on the roof near the rear windscreen

tail light wiring setup was different and indicators at the back were orange lens

20mm wider front seats

transfercase oil cooler and electric pump

number plate bracket wider and rear bar number plate recess wider to fit aus plates

side intrusion bars.

Thats all I can remember, there is probably more.

Also from around 1992 for JDM models headlights were a little different to earlier ones (parker light diffuser removed), side intrusion bars became standard and thats part of the reason why later GTR's were heavier than the 1989-1991 GTR's.

Does anyone know the answer to this??

I think he maybe talking about the N1 model instead of the V-spec as they were produced only in a Crystal White paint job which was exclusive to the N1.

I could be wrong but lol

Edited by 32vspec2gtr

Umm, wtf? From factory the car can do 0-100km/h in sub 5 seconds with the factory boost restrictor in place... My previous gts-t could do 0-100 in 6.5 completly stock and you are saying the GTR could only go 0.3secs faster???
No they didn't, they imported them, they did NOT 'produce' them.

As quoted by GTRSean:

Aus delivered R32GTR's had some things and different stuff, such as:

260KM dash

no speed limiter?

small rubber aerial on the roof near the rear windscreen

tail light wiring setup was different and indicators at the back were orange lens

20mm wider front seats

transfercase oil cooler and electric pump

number plate bracket wider and rear bar number plate recess wider to fit aus plates

side intrusion bars.

Lighter than the 1969 PGC-10.... I don't think so!

Didn't count pre-R32 models.

Here's another:

"Did you know that the R32 GTR sits the lowest" (again only comparing R33, R34, R35).

I've got 2 to add.....

did you know Kerry Packer ordered 2 GTRs in wine red, and had them both modified by Fred Gibson before taking delivery (I hate to think what that cost).

also....

Nissan Australia sold just over 100 cars....but imported 200. The rest were sent back to japan in 1994 because they could not be sold here at any price. No wonder it took until 2009 for Nissan to sell another GTR

I've got 2 to add.....

did you know Kerry Packer ordered 2 GTRs in wine red, and had them both modified by Fred Gibson before taking delivery (I hate to think what that cost).

also....

Nissan Australia sold just over 100 cars....but imported 200. The rest were sent back to japan in 1994 because they could not be sold here at any price. No wonder it took until 2009 for Nissan to sell another GTR

I suppose they could've run up 90'000 odd k's on them and sold em for roughly 20 grand LOL.