SAU Community

A Boy's Love For His Rb20

Just put a Viper V10 in it.

I want to put aJudd V10 in it. But at 100k never going to happen. I have often wondered why people put Chevs in them when for US 5-8k you can get a Viper V10 :) I have thought a lot about it but this is my street-club car and struggle with minor mods let alone something like that :(

What you really need is a L Series with triples. Much more power :D

No to L series....yes to triples!

I want to put aJudd V10 in it. But at 100k never going to happen. I have often wondered why people put Chevs in them when for US 5-8k you can get a Viper V10 :) I have thought a lot about it but this is my street-club car and struggle with minor mods let alone something like that :(

No to L series....yes to triples!

have you seen DrDrift's T51R LS1 in his 4 door 32? 440rwkw on 11psi ! sounds amazing too :)

I will post this to show why i think the 8cm would still be a great thing on an RB25 if you were running E85. Without stressing too much about boost you can see the boost control seemed ok with the 8cm and with some tweaking would have been able to get it right. These are not close to full tunes, but enough to get an idea of which way the setup was going

gallery_462_50_103503.jpg

So the cams gave a sniff that there was more to come. The new turbo has given a sniff that the setup is moving in the right direction.

Seems my R32 is more 58 Plymouth Fury and she doesn't like the extra cubes in her and is playing silly buggers somewhere in the setup. Think dirving around with a head gasket issue with condensation in the exhaust on biref trips etc may have collapse the muffler in the 11 yr old HKS exhaust. I hope its something as simple as that because there seems to be an odd restriction somewhere that means we make ok power but not what we shoudl be :(

Meanwhile, I need this spend to stop so I can count my cash and go buy my Sierra an 80s dance partner at the end of the month

So the cams gave a sniff that there was more to come. The new turbo has given a sniff that the setup is moving in the right direction.

Seems my R32 is more 58 Plymouth Fury and she doesn't like the extra cubes in her and is playing silly buggers somewhere in the setup. Think dirving around with a head gasket issue with condensation in the exhaust on biref trips etc may have collapse the muffler in the 11 yr old HKS exhaust. I hope its something as simple as that because there seems to be an odd restriction somewhere that means we make ok power but not what we shoudl be :(

Meanwhile, I need this spend to stop so I can count my cash and go buy my Sierra an 80s dance partner at the end of the month

Tomei Ti cat backs are cheap at the moment :)

Was in an R34 GTR with one the other day. No way I am buying one of those exhausts. They are loud and sound likle poo compared to the Trust Ti. No idea how they flow...but IF its a dead exhaust that was somethign I had planned on changing the next 12 months so no big shakes...just have to move it forward

Wouldn't be as big a ball ache as my R32 at the moment. Dropped the exhaust. ..no restriction. So I ripped the Turbosmart Hypergate off and tested it only to find its shagged .

So in the morning need to get replacement parts for the gate...new fuel pumps as I sm niw st 100% duty on 1000cc injectors. So obviously s fuel flow priblem.

THEN hopefully with sufficient fuel snd steady boost we can find out why the new turbo doesn't make the power hoped....almist time to throw the Trust TD06-25G at it and be f**king done with it. Money running out and still no results

OK...patience out the window with all this and costs associated with back to back testing.

TD06H-25G with 10cm housing is getting the elbow welded to its compressor cover and with the new fuel system going back to what I know.,Old school trucker turbo goodness. Fark latest tech

Hopeing teh 10cm housing is at leat as responsive as the 20G and 73HTA with 12cm housing...if so then will be fine response wise for me. Just hope it belts out some real power over and above what the 20G could

Well now green lit for Phillip Island this weekend. Car is finally making reasonable power so hopefully the maiden voyage of the bucket at a track day comes up successful and we can start to chase some small remaining issues and in parallel start chasing the sort of power we should be able to achieve.

Dont know exactly. Tuner and I agreed not to worry about a number. Just run it up, leave plenty in reaserve re fuelling and lets get a good benchmark and some kms on it. Still needs work on fuel setup and cooler piping etc etc. Is somewhere around 300-320. Depends on whether we go for 16psi or 18psi. Dont care just want to it safe to get some track miles under my belt

What time does the first session start at PI? I should be there around 12...

Well now green lit for Phillip Island this weekend. Car is finally making reasonable power so hopefully the maiden voyage of the bucket at a track day comes up successful and we can start to chase some small remaining issues and in parallel start chasing the sort of power we should be able to achieve.