SAU Community

Silverstone, Ring, Monza And Spa In 8 Days

Roy

Yeah, I'm quite nervous/excited to go and take them out for a few laps, will be a real buzz I'm sure! I'm contemplating selling the 180 and buying one so it will be a good tester to see if that's the way I want to go.

They've been great to deal with thus far, and a mate and his dad are coming with me so it should be a great day. Hope the weather holds out... Did you drive an SR3 RS?

Will definitely post the vid up when I'm done, if I don't embarass myself too much that is :woot:

Ohhhh Im sure you will be addict to them after you been in it...The sequential box does it for me :D There like a gokart on steroids and my mate was quite surprised at how well I did in it ;) But my arms were so sore after as they are so powerful it takes a bit to hold it (I do have girly arms tho) I'm sure that wont be a problem for you!!!

Who you been speaking with? Yep I got to drive a SR3...My mate Frickers and he just sold it 3 weeks ago and I was so upset to hear that it got written off in it's first race meeting with the new owner! :woot::wub::( :( :)

Pfft dont worry about embarrassing yourself lap it up and have fun! There so awesome you will forget to be nervous after the first lap

post-8051-1283916862_thumb.jpg

post-8051-1283916887_thumb.jpg

post-8051-1283916927_thumb.jpg

Sorry Brisby wont hijack your thread anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been dealing with Byron who's been very helpful, nice guy. I'm really keen to try one with the sequential box without the paddle shift, and would love to try out one of the cars they have for sale.

I saw that SR3 from Fricker for sale, very nice looking car and a good spec too. Do you know how much he sold it for by any chance? If you do and could PM me it would really be helpful in knowing what to pay!

And sorry Bris, back to Silverstone! :D

I was eye balling the Radicals all day, they are amazing pieces of kit and no wonder nothing especially modded road cars can get anywhere near them. There was a qay crazy EVO 7 there on the day and wth all the hp, cage and go fast gear in the world something like a Radical came in cheaper and left it for dead. THe lil Caterham was quicker also....but the GT3s on good tyres were amazing. They stopped, actually were quick in the corners and my god down the straights they blased past you!

I will post up a lap of the typical morning session, traffic then red flag when someone decided to play in the kitty litter :action-smiley-069:

That's the big appeal Troy, nothing comes close for the money... or for any money really. Though A GT3 would be oh-so-awesome, but maintenance on that would be astronomical if something major fails.

So what's up next on the agenda? Are you taking the Superlight to all the tracks, or are you going to do what I hope you do, and get an R500 and smash it around the 'ring????!! :action-smiley-069::(

Ring is a Sirocco on Friday, then sharing Barons M3 on Satuday. Then Spa in an Exige 240 on Tuesday after the Italian GP. I am meant to be in Germany today but still resting up as its going to be a busy 5 days!

nice vids brisby. :(

silverstone is a bloody awesome track. has to up in that top few tracks with spa, nordschliefe, bathurst etc.

2 more days till ring time. ;)

now we need to book a room in milan or we are sleeping on the streets monday night... :action-smiley-069:

Phones are dead, best Skype me. Just give me the word and i will book that place in Spa for Monday night. Yes, unless we are going to hit the piss into the early hours of the morning accom in Milan is needed for SUnday night. I am getting a new shirt printed up for the weekend..."will sleep with anyone for free accommodation"

Edited by Roy

yeah book place in spa for montag. nicer the better. 2 rooms.

for sunday night I will look some sht up now in Milan. then I just need flight out of spa back to florence and I'm finally done booking sht. :action-smiley-069:

nice vids brisby. :bunny:

silverstone is a bloody awesome track. has to up in that top few tracks with spa, nordschliefe, bathurst etc.

2 more days till ring time. :)

now we need to book a room in milan or we are sleeping on the streets monday night... :bunny:

Richard SILVERSTONE is not what it was many moon`s ago,was the FASTEST TRACK & NOW not :bunny:

shame ,but they made mess of to many track`s these day`s ,like ASSEN,HOCK, :action-smiley-069:;) ,not many of the MOTOGP lad`s like what has been done at ASSEN,

shame you didn`t get up to CADWELL PARK that`s a wonderul track BIGBALL`S place lol.

Hope you have fun with rest of your travel`s , :(

Chuckie...I was told by one of the instructors that if you are in a top tier racing category then the new Silverstone layout isnt as good. But for 80% of the racing there the new layout is more involving and better to race at.

I am thinking of doing Snetterton next week as well but have to see how I go with making plans with some friends who are trying to free up time to do some travel in Croatia etc with me

And forget being jealous....nobody wanted to swap positions with me when I was working in India for 2 years :action-smiley-069:

Edited by Roy

Based on past open pit lane days I thought there is no better way to run a track day. With a frustrating amount of the day spent like this....

or red flagged after only 2 laps or so....it was hard to be patient when this is the only chance in the near term I will have of driving the place

Chuckie...I was told by one of the instructors that if you are in a top tier racing category then the new Silverstone layout isnt as good. But for 80% of the racing there the new layout is more involving and better to race at.

I am thinking of doing Snetterton next week as well but have to see how I go with making plans with some friends who are trying to free up time to do some travel in Croatia etc with me

And forget being jealous....nobody wanted to swap positions with me when I was working in India for 2 years :)

WOW really lived 16mile`s from there & worked over road at VD building FF1600 & some FF2000,

few year`s back now 87 that was ,love snetterton FAST track & loved the old bombhole,

have few mate`s still doing motorsport there ,

hope you get there few good PUB`s up road WHITEHORSE + one over the road ,

spent few hour`s in both :( & would stagger out hop in car & away home to are PUB lol,

hope you have great time there have a drink for me lol.

take care ENJOY TIME THERE cheer`s Chuckie.

See, lol that's why I am so envious of all UK guys. They have the coolest tracks, live next door to them...they have a huge motorsport industry with a booming track day market based on the amount of Caterhams, Atoms etc that are sold every year.

Real lucky (ie hard work) guys like youself have worked for Van Diemen...so , so cool. reading that makes me think bugger my mates and Croatian women...maybe i need to come back to drive Snetterton :(

Edited by Roy

Everything is way too expensive in Australia. I was shocked last year when i looked at what the local distributer is trying to charge for an R400 Caterham. No wonder hey never sell any...ditto Radicals....mark up seems huge, its either that or taxes.

How is your crazy race car coming along?

Picking up the pace at the moment, Got the brakes completed on the weekend, nearly finished all of the wiring, one of the main items outstanding is doing the exhaust system. I might even have it running in time for the WRX Club Winton round in a few months.

I agree on the overpriced part, they can be had for a lot cheaper ex-UK with a bit spent on fixing them up though. There will be a dedicated series for them next year though, which is appealing. What sort of lap times are the Juno's and West WR1000's running? What else is quicker that's a genuine 2 seater (big appeal for me) with proper Australian support?

Bris: Can't wait to see the vid of the 240 at SPA. I have a massive hankering to go there ever since I saw your R400 vids. Was watching the 24hr GT2 last night and it looks like such an awesome track, especially in something light with aero through Eau Rouge! :D