SAU Community

Silverstone, Ring, Monza And Spa In 8 Days

Roy

Yeah, it's easy to sit here and say "buy something", but the realities are not so simple. Dealing with the questionable reliabilty of a 2nd hand car would be a bit of a stress too.

I look forward to ye ole Silver getting to Europe so we can treat them to a bit of Briz Gate :down:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep that's exactly our thought. Buy an e36 m3 put a set of semis on it and use that and sell at the end. Shouldn't cost more than 2 or 3k euro and you could do a few track days and drive it everywhere in between. Exige is a big outlay thoug.

The exige was awesome. Great car. Even with the supercharged 240hp don I still reckon it could easily use at least 50hp more. By the last session we could hang with some pretty serious cars which is not bad at such a fast circuit like spa.

Did you fit into it ok? I never thought I'd have a hope in hell of squeezing into an Exige!

Just move in with The Baron.... he'd have heaps of room in the new abode :(

In fact, I spotted the big hunk of spunk on Hot Property the other night.... swanning through inspecting some fancy joint on the water in Sydney..... toffee nosed fark. :down:

well it has to be said, burger ring was good, spa was awesome but the hairiest drive of all was trying to get to my f**king flight at dusseldorf weeze airport in a diesel ford fiesta at warp 5. f**king GPS sent us to weeze AIRFORCE base not the bloody airport. realising my flight closed in 5 mins and we were 5kms away saw briz nav for me as I drove straight through the base, through the airfield, skirted the airport fence till we found a gap and shot through it. a bloke in a backhoe doing some work must have seen the desparate look on my face cause he stopped work and backed out of our way!!! what a champ. troy was a top nav too. i would have vomited about 12 times on that little run. how on earth I made that flight I have no idea. but make it I did. :P

thanks bris. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Well...the Near Life Experience 2011 Tour IS ON!!!! This year will be bigger then the past two.

I have been doing 60+ hr weeks since NYE (right now I am writing this from work) and enough is enough. This one will be bigger as I am taking more time off and will have about 4-6 weeks of driving around and having a blast. Most of my homo mates are up to their ears in debt, have no time or have Mrs that wont let them go blow cash so looks like this may be a solo mission this time round. Still have three friends interested, but not overly sure how that will work out.

July - August looks the go. Will be deciding in the next two weeks whether the R32 goes in a container or I buy something in UK and drive through France, Belgium, Holland, Germany and into Hungary.

The calender is looking good....there is Zandvoort, Spa, Ring and will be doing Donnington park to shake down the R32 or the new car before heading off to mainland Europe. Doesnt look like there is anything going at Zolder so looking at the logistics of getting from Zandvoort over to Hockenheim for a test and tune day there 48 hours later. There is the German GP, Hugarian GP and my Hungarian mate in Budapest to keep me entertained after the long trip east.

Currently having a good look at an S14...will have to wait and see. After 6 months of ball busting, un-loved work this is going to get a good shake. The best thing is I am off the piss so hopefully I'll medically get the all clear by July and can get back on the drink. Should be a real Cadbury by then so will make things cheap and messy. :)

2581896-2.jpg

2581896-1.jpg

I am not sure about the GAY SEX licence plate... :( That will have to change to Ranga to pull the Eastern European ladies :)

Haha love it Troy!!

Very jealous too mate. I will live my holiday wishes vicariously through you mate, you know how to do it. I think g4y sx looks the goods... though I haven't tried it myself. Badoom-tish! :kiss:

Ahhhhhh... anyways, I dig it. What are the specs?

• 3 months later...

YEAH BUDDY! it's been nearly a year since we terrorized europe and now you are back to do it again only without me (you cnt).

just make sure you have me on board for 2012..... or I will seriously fking headbutt you next time I see you.

so are you going to reveal brisby's plans for august? and what the car is likely to be to your hungry public?

Roy Look to go to CADWELL PARK,

great spot & you will love it,

shame they have f**ked up few of old tracks,

one of my mates takes his bike & some time in Car Porsche on track day just been to Brono,

will have a chat with him see if he as any good spots to go,

hope you get a good car sorted out

Yeah Cadwell Park looks awesome fun. Looks like a country road more than a race track.

its a wonderful spot ,& its unreal on a BIKE pinch.gif ,

mate highsided they in bend called CHARLIE`S at 150mph bike was a mess & he was too ,

Spa`s great love the place just takes so long to walk around it need small bike :thumbsup: ,

been lucky to have been to most tracks when stuffs on there so you will enjoy ,

i guess there not like it was when i was on piss there but we had a ball & some very bad hangovers too pinch.gif