SAU Community

[Closed] Borg Warner Efr Series Turbos

Lithium

Jeff, any 76mm sx-e in t4? they seem hard to get...

hi, we have good stock of SXE turbos. shoot me an email with exactly what youre looking for and i can help (76mm inducer or exducer). thanks

@harris racing, good start! like the others have said, check your iwg spring rate and tension. there is defintely room to be had with tweaks

• Like 1

You're running internal gate? Do you mean whether you get the soft, medium or hard spring in the internal actuator?

I have the medium cannister for now since I'm going to be strictly pump gas and wanted to tune the bottom of the map for road course racing (potentially on lower boost).

He's talking about setting the tension on the wastegate cannister by turning the nut in and out to tighten the wastegate spring. The procedure is in the BW EFR manual and on Full Race's site. I actually forgot that I ZERO'd the boost tables for break in so this is totally on the wastegate spring with boost signal to it right now. I will set the boost today or tomorrow and get it to spool faster. Haltech boost control is pretty dang detailed. There is DEFINITELY more spool in this thing I assure you.

hi, we have good stock of SXE turbos. shoot me an email with exactly what youre looking for and i can help (76mm inducer or exducer). thanks

@harris racing, good start! like the others have said, check your iwg spring rate and tension. there is defintely room to be had with tweaks

I think I defaulted to 2 or 3 turns (wrote it down in my notebook at the shop), just for breaking in the engine. It did creep to about 11 psi the other night at 7500 rpms but again I need to check boost settings. STAY TUNED! But the turbo is hyper responsive...I LOVE IT.

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone have or looked at bw sxe series turbos?

Compressor Specifications

Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip

Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 83mm

Compressor Wheel Inducer: 61.5mm

Max Flow Rate: 75 lb/min

Compressor Housing Connections:

Inlet: 4.0" Hose Coupler

Outlet: 2.5" Hose Coupler

Turbine Specifications

Turbine Type: Inconel S300SX Turbine Wheel

Turbine Wheel OD: 76mm

Rear housing twin scroll .91

Just looking for any feed back

Thanks guys

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone have or looked at bw sxe series turbos?

Compressor Specifications

Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip

Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 83mm

Compressor Wheel Inducer: 61.5mm

Max Flow Rate: 75 lb/min

Compressor Housing Connections:

Inlet: 4.0" Hose Coupler

Outlet: 2.5" Hose Coupler

Turbine Specifications

Turbine Type: Inconel S300SX Turbine Wheel

Turbine Wheel OD: 76mm

Rear housing twin scroll .91

Just looking for any feed back

Thanks guys

It should compare very closely to the 8374 EFR with slightly less response and slightly less power since it has the same compressor wheel, but will have less response and slightly less power due to the exhaust turbine differences and oil-only journal bearing (which really isn't that big of a deal to most anyway).

On pumpgas it would likely be a perfect turbo choice for a stock displacement or drop-in camshaft RB26. And for the money ($760 USD!)...wow it's got to be one of the best turbos on the market especially if you have the turbo manifold and wastegate already. Also if used on a stock displacement RB26 I would stick with the .91 twin scroll housing for better boost threshold.

^^mostly agree with Harris Racing. bang for the buck, nothing can touch these SXE turbos. Keep in mind this turbo he's asking about has a 76mm turbine wheel. this is slightly larger than the EFR8374 which uses a 74mm turbine wheel. As a result the SXE may exhibit reduced emap in exchange for the later spool and response time

Got my first drive in a mates RB30 8374/1.05 tonight. What an absolute BEAST of a turbo. Half throttle between gears and its INSTANTLY back on. This car had -5's on it previously and there is NOOOOOO COMPARISON in ANY way.

This once again reinforces what the guys with EFR's talk about.

• Like 1

Got my first drive in a mates RB30 8374/1.05 tonight. What an absolute BEAST of a turbo. Half throttle between gears and its INSTANTLY back on. This car had -5's on it previously and there is NOOOOOO COMPARISON in ANY way.

I f**king told you so ;)

• Like 1

You sir are the bearer of bad news. I don't want to hear this

I ended up buying another 240z today with a LS1 in it hahahaha. GTR and all the head parts I just purchased are gonna be put on the back burner again.

Totally. I still haven't touched my timing maps yet and I'm still on only 10 psi boost and the turbo just wants to spool. I can leave it in 5th and pass anyone on the highway that I need to (of course 75mph is somewhere around 3k). Drivability is truly incredible I'll get videos of inside the car later today hopefully.

Paul you've changed!

Clearly not a fan of response anymore?

EVERY GTR owner knows you go twins for response! :P

• Like 3

While I haven't driven an EFR RB engine (yet) we've installed one on my friend's FD with stock ports and all bolt ons. . .It's on a base tune right now with 8 psi and it's insane at how quick it spools. . .no delay whatsoever. . .My FD is getting the 9174 treatment in a couple of weeks :D

How does it compare to mine? Guess you worked out the oil issues

How does it compare to mine? Guess you worked out the oil issues

I haven't driven yours. I only used no more than 50% throttle and no more than 5500 RPM absolute tops.

It's imediately back on pipe. Makes the precisions between gears seem like a mid 90's turbo.

A dyno sheet won't give you a good idea of how it goes about its thing. That's what every owner of an EFR owner talks about.