SAU Community

[Closed] Borg Warner Efr Series Turbos

Lithium

I'm also on the internal map sensor so that's why I don't like to run more than 20 at the moment I don't mind a little 2 pound spike over but I'll only hold it at 20psi at this stage.
every load cell has been tuned except for the impossible areas which never get seen in reality.
but while you have those recorded logs on the haltech it's a good time to go and address those load cells at 1000 RPM and up while you have the logs available I'll ask you are you running closed loop o2 control.?
for myself Im only using it for vacuum areas as soon as mine sees 0 PSI I switch to open loop and run off the map directly.
How you have yours configured makes a big difference on whether you can make those fine adjustments based off logs that's all

[emoji111]

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mr skidz said:

I'm also on the internal map sensor so that's why I don't like to run more than 20 at the moment I don't mind a little to pound spike over but I'll only hold it at 20psi at this stage. I'm at my car pretty anally so every load cell has been hit except for the impossible areas which never get seen in reality but while you have those recorded logs on the hell tech it's a good time to go in a dress those load cells at 1000 RPM while you have the logs available I'll ask you are you running closed loop au to control for myself I'm only using it or vacuum areas and like cruise soon as my a 0 PSI is detected I switch to open loop and run off the map directly.
How are you have yours configured makes a big difference on whether you can make those fine adjustments based off logs that's all

switching sounds like a good idea. I actually had pretty good results from open loop at first, but now I'm running full closed loop. It is a little frustrating in that you can get it perfect for fast shifting then it's weak on the low ramp or vice versa. The alternator voltage seems to have helped my fuel pump keep up with power (an issue I've been having), so I was afraid to try much leaning or boost until I get that sorted.You can see my request and actual outputs in that log (I think I have everything checked).

Keen (as you guys say) to see your results.

11 minutes ago, acsplit said:

Meanwhile I am very happy with my -5 3ltr setup and would not change it.

Now I am unsubscribing from this thread because of too many useless posts! :D

It sounds like it would be a great combo. Enjoy it. This thread is far too old and far too diluted to complain about, but I am trying to still provide what data I can to help those make an educated decision.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, mr skidz said:

That would be a torque monster!

Yep it is, pulls stumps good!

Ask Paul or Steve-o and that was before it made 370 rwkw @17psi on 98.

*I have now changed notifications to a weekly digest :) back to the EFR talk.

unnamed.jpg

• Like 3

Where have people sourced the correct Vband and clamp for the 8374/9180 compressor housings?

Treadstoneperformance (TRE) you can weld 3" on the inside of theirs and 3.5" on the outside.

3" assembly:

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=68259&cat_key=613&prodname=Borg+Warner+EFR+Turbine+Housing+V+Band+Clamp

Both 3 and 3.5" flange:

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=2542&prodname=Borg+Warner+EFR+Turbine+Housing+V+Band+Flange+3.5%22+Downpipe

I would not waste my time going 3" again

Nicks car just in.

-5's 424 rwkw at 24 psi 

8374 1.05 462 awkw at 24 psi.

Same setup, same engine. 3.0, 9.0:1 comp, 260 poncams. No graph yet.

We don't care about peak power, how does it drive?
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, acsplit said:

Yeah that is not my RB30.

SR20DET built motor stock head.

EFR 7163. There is a lot of history in this car, I will update more when the owner gives it the nod. Should be tuned next week

Yes please. I have the TS 7163 IWG on SR20. Interested in others results.

Cheers