SAU Community

[Closed] Borg Warner Efr Series Turbos

Lithium

2 minutes ago, mr skidz said:

Loading the engine in 5th for 12 seconds to make 18psi?

Not usually the type of data I look for but what the hell.

8374 vs -5 in real world terms you CANNOT compare.

Everyone that has gone between them both can't be wrong. -5 = prehistoric. Period.

Loading the engine in 5th for 12 seconds to make 18psi?

Not usually the type of data I look for but what the hell.

I had both -5's and an untuned efr 8374 1.05 rear on a build 3L poncams 9.15 to 1, the efr belts the -5's out of the park.

What experience do you have with single efr turbo?
  • Like 2

8374 vs -5 in real world terms you CANNOT compare.

Everyone that has gone between them both can't be wrong. -5 = prehistoric. Period.

Both logs on both cars were taken from Street Logs which is real world so what are you talking about?

While I have your attention paul I'd appreciate if you didn't text message your bbq buddies little little snippets of info regarding me as you don't know my background at all.

The same way you would text message me when other members would chime in and you would disagree with them too.

It's a forum don't take it so personal.

Both logs on both cars were taken from Street Logs which is real world so what are talking about?

While I have your attention paul I'd appreciate if you didn't text message your bbq buddies little little snippets of info regarding me as you don't know my background at all.
The same way you would text message me when other members would chime in and you would disagree with them too.
It's a forum don't take it so personal.

So no answer for the experience between EFR and -5?

For what it's worth, most of mates are watching this thread and have woken up to the fact that GT dinosaurs are that, dinosaurs and have moved on. Not taking it personal.

when there is data off Motec logs that an 8374 vs -5 are "on" in 1/3rd the time, what are you trying to defend?

I had both -5's and an untuned efr 8374 1.05 rear on a build 3L poncams 9.15 to 1, the efr belts the -5's out of the park.

What experience do you have with single efr turbo?

The word "belts" doesn't impress me. what does it actually do better is the question I'm looking for apart from making more power as I expect it should it's a single using an external wastegate.

Let's not take this out of context and get it twisted, I've never once said -5's are the greatest!

everyone from 1 comment can take everything out of context.

I'm on this page to see a comparison don't get it twisted.

The word "belts" doesn't impress me what does it actually do better is the question I'm looking for apart from making more power as I expect it should it's a single using an external wastegate.

Let's not take this out of context and get it twisted I've never once said dash fives other greatest everyone from 1 comment can take everything out of context I'm on this page to see a comparison don't get it twisted

On the same car, an 8374 with the big "1.05 rear" and the -5's, the EFR won;
- low end
- up high
- transient response

Take your precious twin turbo's that look stock. This thread isn't about looking stock.
Why has it turned into a -5 vs EFR thread?

On the same car, an 8374 with the big "1.05 rear" and the -5's, the EFR won;
- low end
- up high
- transient response

Take your precious twin turbo's that look stock. This thread isn't about looking stock.
Why has it turned into a -5 vs EFR thread?

who cares about looking stock just want to see the difference don't disagree with your results but I haven't seen any.

who cares about looking stock just want to see the difference don't disagree with your results but I haven't seen any.

You care because you asked "if it looks like this then ok" or word to that effect.

Go back a few pages.

Edited by Piggaz

You care because you asked "if it looks like this then ok" or word to that effect.

Go back a few pages.

The only time I bring up my car looking stock is because people wonder why the f**k I use them and this is my only reason!!

I don't get your point I'm not interested in the stock argument anymore I'm curious about the difference in this so call response it's the only reason I dropped my logs on this thread otherwise I don't give a f**k about anything else

Who gives a f**k if it "doesn't impress you" you post ALOT of junk and you clearly dont know shit! Comments to harris racing like "a 3" exhaust is fine because you have external wastegates"  seriously dude REALLY LOL??? Or comments like "i dont need an intercooler because i will be running E85" that is seriously rookie shit! 

Arguing with a bloke like you who is narrow minded and thinks he knows it all but doesn't know what he is on about is pointless! 

It "belts em everywhere" because it  responds to throttle inputs faster, it comes on to boost faster, its power delivery is smoother, has a broader power and torque band, it is easier and better to drive than the twins because it has removed all the factory restrictions/packaging issues? Whats not to understand man?

This bloke has experienced BOTH setups but his input doesn't count for anything? Just to correct you its a single running TWIN external gates. But i dont know what twin wastegates that control boost have anything to do with just how well these turbos perform???

I know you have an online street tuna certificate but you are seriously the tuna John West rejects that makes John West the best! 

• Like 1

I don't understand that you don't understand 500rpm earlier than -5's. There are 3 other drivers that have driven the car untuned and have said the same comment, what other result are you after or you being ignorant of the result?

To be fair it would be quite good to have more real-world logging of how these EFRs perform, I don't see any issue with what Skidz is saying would be nice to have.  It would have been epic to have had logging  data of the drive we went for in Brett's car, response is subjective while data is data.

Look forward to intune's results and hope some data logs from a well setup and tuned EFR can be caught and shared 

• Like 1

Who gives a f**k if it "doesn't impress you" you post ALOT of junk and you clearly dont know shit! Comments to harris racing like "a 3" exhaust is fine because you have external wastegates"  seriously dude REALLY LOL??? Or comments like "i dont need an intercooler because i will be running E85" that is seriously rookie shit! 

Arguing with a bloke like you who is narrow minded and thinks he knows it all but doesn't know what he is on about is pointless! 

It "belts em everywhere" because it  responds to throttle inputs faster, it comes on to boost faster, its power delivery is smoother, has a broader power and torque band, it is easier and better to drive than the twins because it has removed all the factory restrictions/packaging issues? Whats not to understand man?

This bloke has experienced BOTH setups but his input doesn't count for anything? Just to correct you its a single running TWIN external gates. But i dont know what twin wastegates that control boost have anything to do with just how well these turbos perform???

I know you have an online street tuna certificate but you are seriously the tuna John West rejects that makes John West the best! 

Coming from a bloke who takes 12 months to tack up an exhaust that's impressive!

hope you don't charge by the hour.

oh that's right you owe piggaz enough money as it is pay your f**king bills.

Maybe you can pay off your bill by liking more comments.

Wouldn't knock HPA online courses either, there's is a wealth of knowledge on there and they're also followed by all major tuning workshops in Australia so that's telling you something.

On 7/29/2016 at 3:24 PM, usmair said:

Not long now!

Hopefully at tuners in a week

13843414_10208496712728140_258894425_o (1).jpg

So anyway, all arguing aside...

I'm really keen to see the results of this setup as I think it's more representative of what the 'everyday SAU user' could achieve. Stock bottom end, 8374 with 1.05 rear housing, 264 cams, 3.5" exhaust and e85. No RB30 / VCAM etc.

• Like 1

LOL @ this guy trying to get all personal! Whatever works for ya baldie! Cant argue with facts so trying to get all personal to take the attention away from your stupidity huh? All i know is you cant build a car for shit Mr 110kw @ 4000 rpm from a 2.8L stroker on -5's! Nice result man you made half the power of piggies car at those revs and fell 100kw short up top! I hope E85 nets ya 400kw at best mate! 

Your car is a nugget man so move on! Why ever you feel the need to come in this thread arguing about these turbos vs your soggy turd sandwich with blokes that have gone away from 5s to an EFR is beyond me...

Who cares if your car is making a claimed 19 psi at 3680rpm or whatever dribble you are claiming! You probably had the handbrake on at the time? Or were you too busy looking at your laptop to see the lil red light handbrake light on on ya dash?!

I bet the car still ain't moving at 3700rpm is it?! I bet it still needs another 1000rpm before it kicks you up the ass like every other twins setup that has been done a million times before you does?! 

I never said HPA courses weren't good! So tell me if they are followed by all major shops here in Oz why was it your tuner couldn't optimise your setup 1st attempt? But then you watched a few vids online and went for a drive with your laptop and "made your car far better"? Those holes in that airbox must really of helped huh? ?

Keep the thread on track and stop arguing with people's experiences with EFR's trying to derail this thread with ya twin turbo bollocks!