SAU Community

[Closed] Borg Warner Efr Series Turbos

Lithium

11 hours ago, GTR_JOEY said:

Yea but I wanted to see how responsive I could get it, would have destroyed most twins ???

How soon will the EFR be going on? Next weekend? :D. You'll have to plumb those gates in but that won't be hard.

• Like 1

So does anyone know a 7670 result out there that makes it a no brainer decision? I have spent this morning again cruising google and can only find one old article which supports what i was saying about the SR20 comparison.

http://blog.perrinperformance.com/borg-warner-efr7670-turbo-exposed-and-tuned-part-2/

I did see some good results on a std EVO X ... i think i am going to stick with what i got :(

Just now, Roy said:

So does anyone know a 7670 result out there that makes it a no brainer decision? I have spent this morning again cruising google and can only find one old article which supports what i was saying about the SR20 comparison.

http://blog.perrinperformance.com/borg-warner-efr7670-turbo-exposed-and-tuned-part-2/

I did see some good results on a std EVO X ... i think i am going to stick with what i got :(

Have you have a good read through the EFR thread on EvoM? That thread is a wealth of information.

Yeh, there are some Evo 8 thru 10 results that tempt me..but bascally its 3076 response and power with  better transient response.  Which is ....wishy washy stuff. Tempted to just go 7163 and give it a gut full and at least habe it all in...but that is wooftah 427ci cave man stuff. Its a turbo car....it shoudl be about soaring top end :)

I went from a HTA3076 to a 7670 on my RB25. Dyno graph in this thread somewhere of initial tune. Picked up power everywhere, much better car for the change. Approx 75hp gain (top end, now) since final tune with minimal loss down low. 

6boost, 1.05ts. I have since added heavier waste gate springs and picked up another 30hp and had a slight improvement in response. Next job will be to replace the cooler piping as it goes from 2.5 turbo exit to 4 back to 3 for cooler then exits as 3 straight into 4 upto inlet manifold. It's not ideal.

32 minutes ago, bri73y said:

Busted two of these last weekend at the Nulon Nationals. The 7670 blows!! 

IMG_20160730_143314.jpg

Time to sort it out for once and put some alloy piping in its place.

10 hours ago, Piggaz said:

How soon will the EFR be going on? Next weekend? :D. You'll have to plumb those gates in but that won't be hard.

Steady up lol, I'm not even back yet, 

hopefully not not too much goes wrong and I can have in bolted together and ready to go in a couple of weeks.

already spoke to Dennis, gates are getting plumbed in ?

43 minutes ago, GTR_JOEY said:

Steady up lol, I'm not even back yet, 

hopefully not not too much goes wrong and I can have in bolted together and ready to go in a couple of weeks.

already spoke to Dennis, gates are getting plumbed in ?

Excellent!

just don't go pushing aside a white 33. Haha

• Like 1

Where are you getting this info Roy lol? A 7670 will punch holes in a GTX & GT3076! 

Ive never heard of an GT's going 410kw?350-360kw max. Yeah the GTX will blow 400kw but its ALOT laggier! 

Whats this its "only transient and response" its better? Transient response on the track and on the street is king! 

SAU is being a turd. If it lets me i will load a GTX3076 vs 7670 result for you. 

Both are T3 .82/.83 results on an evo.