SAU Community

Quickspool Valve.

boostin31

there still seems to be a crucial element missed.... its been asked but nobody has answered.

if its a 6boost TS manifold..... into a TS turbo........ shutting off one of the scrolls even to only 45% is more of less shuttung off 3 whole cylinders to that extent. It wont simply close that side and magically redirect the gas elsewhere....

Or is there something Im missing?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not the way Rockabilly has done it, he has a twin scroll manifold and twin scroll turbo - the flapper in his turbine housing diverts the gases from one scroll into the other by way of some material removed from the housing. When pressure reaches a certain level, the "gate" closes and the divider becomes complete again - so there is never a point either of the groups of 3 cylinders will ever be completely blocked, however one set will have a direct path down the turbine housing and the other set will be forced to make a restrictive detour which I'm not completely confident would be confidence inspiring to tune for.

I guess you get the benefit of TS that way, but yeah, I just do not like the concept of the cylinders being unbalanced unless you have individual EGT sensors when tuning, even then the concept just feels yucky.

I wouldn't worry about it (the unbalanced restriction). The diverter is only in effect while you bring it up onto boost. As soon as it's got some serious load into it (ie, on boost) you can normalise the diverter and everything will be fine. At the lowish loads at which it will be functional, you'd have to be a 6-toed moron to bugger the tuning up.

• 4 months later...

Hi Rockabilly, how did you go with the linear actuator control of the valve?

If your still playing with this, the actuator that is used on the factory 2JZ twin turbo sequential setup would probably be large enough to operate it. Thats if you have the room to fit it. The actuator operates a valve that enables the second turbo on the 2jz's. It has a lot more throw than a conventional actuator too, so its size combined with leverage could solve your problem. See the pic.

http://www.rx7club.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=434889&stc=1&d=1309825673

Hi Rockabilly, how did you go with the linear actuator control of the valve?

If your still playing with this, the actuator that is used on the factory 2JZ twin turbo sequential setup would probably be large enough to operate it. Thats if you have the room to fit it. The actuator operates a valve that enables the second turbo on the 2jz's. It has a lot more throw than a conventional actuator too, so its size combined with leverage could solve your problem. See the pic.

http://www.rx7club.c...=1&d=1309825673

sounds like a good idea....

would like to get my hands on one to tinker with.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

2.jpg

U can use something like above to make similar effect. I've made this for Boost performance's 2JZ None VVTI Chaser, Car pulled 9.9Secs in a worked Auto. Apparently made 2psi differences at 3500RPM. I found this type of vale worked better on a VCT Rb25det motor.