SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

It's lighter than stock, I think around 1200kg. I'd love to know what the turbo could do "all in" but it's not really an option with the current injectors and MAP sensor, and to be fair I'd say the head gasket/head studs would probably be worth upgrading before doing something like that too.

Still not too bad for a basic setup that has that wide a delivery, I reckon.

This is the dyno plot for ~16-17psi, if you hadn't seen it:

post-11136-13782780405431_thumb.jpg
post-11136-13782780219509_thumb.jpg

just got my TD05-18g last week...agreed, EXTREMELY quick delivery, was only 3 business days (ordered late Tues night, here first thing Mon morning). Missing the bullet nut I had ordered but they shipped that out quick too and got it today. Trying to fit over the weekend and found a couple of issues.

Longer studs I bought didn't fit as they were m10x1.25, and manifold end being m10x1.5. I did read that in one other post but most other ppl said m10x1.25....wasn't entirely unexpected anyway.

Oil drainpipe it came with is useless, 17mm not 19mm, and way too short to reach. Drilled new holes in flange of OEM drainpipe and used that.

Waterlines were biggest issue. I want to have water and oilcooled, not just oil, but the banjo bolts won't even come close to fitting in the top ports and allowing the hose to screw on. Unless they're pointed straight up in the air which is just ridiculous

post-78602-0-29942500-1392609426_thumb.jpgpost-78602-0-73368200-1392609453_thumb.jpg

have read that both of these ports on both sides are for water, and ok to use either the top or bottom, but the return should be the upper port, is that right?

Andy did you go with an internal gated housing? Interested to hear how this thing performs and if boost control is ok.

I don't rate the hoses and fittings that come with the Kando gear, very little that is useable and anywhere near fits.

I think porting the internal gate Kando turbos is well worth it, it's not that hard at the time and much less of a PITA of the potential situation of discovering you have boost creep, and need to pull the turbo off again.

with vct turned off its dog shit under 5k, with vct turned on its really good still, full noise around 4500rpm

3rd gear roll on from 40kmph up to 4000rpm I reach .4bar with vct off.

3rd gear roll on from 40kmph up to 4000rpm I reach 1bar with vct on.

cant I post link to youtube vid on here?

Edited by methz

yeah porting out the watersgate might be needed, will see. To me more of a concern was the chunk that sticks out into the exhaust flow, from where the wastegate port is drilled into the housing.

Bit of work with a carbide burr and the flow is much smoother. The entry was also a bit smaller than T3 size, so ported out to match the manifold rather than leave a lip at entry (looks more even in real-life lol, though looks a bit wavy in pic)post-78602-0-31201300-1392696221_thumb.jpg

post-78602-0-67488000-1392696260_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got the opportunity for a power run for the 16G on 20psi, so took it and were pretty impressed with the result - 20psi was road tuned and is the limit of the injectors so not necessarily an indicator of full potential but still pretty sweet. 297kw @ hubs, 20psi hit by 3500rpm:

• 2 weeks later...

Never using another kinugawa again had 3 t67s all ex gate 10cm rear on 3 different r33s fail within 2 months (suspect was didn't have 360 thrust bearings) after sending then back under warranty costing $164 each one they are warranting them even tho they are 2 months old and are wanted 350 per turbo to have them rebuilt. What a crock. This is why I should of suggested these turbos over hypergears you cannot compare compare the level of customer service and satisfaction you get from Tao not to mention the countless dollars out of pocket