SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

2 1/2" Suction pipe tacked together for a trial fit tomorrow, prior to purge welding.

Now we get to see how accurate my fab is. :whistling:

Nice and tight down there isn't it, I assume that's why you went with 2.5 inch?

Nice and tight down there isn't it, I assume that's why you went with 2.5 inch?

Yep, sure is. Getting your 3" version through must be a good job.

I'm running it through the path taken by the original, and it's only about 6mm wider at the critical point than the OEM one.

I was able to use standard 316L mandrel bends, and I've got a pretty straight shot at the compressor wheel. The inlet on the compressor cover is 2 1/2", so it shouldn't be restrictive.

I've also hooded the Blow Off inlet merge into the suction pipe to hopefully avoid any reversion issues.

The piece I'm looking forward to changing is the section before that, but I don't have any more material (or time to be honest) atm.

Make sure you take some pics Dale - love to see what you've done. Could it be the prototype for a future manufacturing run...? :whistling:

Edited by Commsman

You all realise you will hit airflow cut with the intake done right? Read 'close up view of the windscreen" lol.

It's all downhill from there... :)

Haha, yes, it's a slippery slope - one thing leads to another....

Make sure you take some pics Dale - love to see what you've done. Could it be the prototype for a future manufacturing run...? :whistling:

Will do; lets see if it fits first...

;)

You all realise you will hit airflow cut with the intake done right? Read 'close up view of the windscreen" lol.

It's all downhill from there... :)

Yay! Random windscreen headbutts eh? I love surprises! :woot:

Downhill or uphill? I'm hoping a little bit of bad might lead to some good. Might need to wait for my wallet to recover.

Mine's sitting at the tuner, waiting for tune: can't wait: going for a nice meaty midrange, and earlier spool-up: hopefully with the new turbo manifolds, suction kit and z32s, it should be a no-brainer. Last tune with stock manis, rb26 afm's and stock inlet, it made a safe 297awkw.

Will be interesting to see what happens if it doesn't explode... ;)

Mine's sitting at the tuner, waiting for tune: can't wait: going for a nice meaty midrange, and earlier spool-up: hopefully with the new turbo manifolds, suction kit and z32s, it should be a no-brainer. Last tune with stock manis, rb26 afm's and stock inlet, it made a safe 297awkw.

Will be interesting to see what happens if it doesn't explode... ;)

keep us posted. what turbs you running? Good luck

Been a productive weekend. Installed turbo side cam gasket, replaced in car filter and ran a 5m USB cable from tv tuner in boot to under front armrest so I don't have to go to boot all the time to change USB stick. Next thing to do is fix boot latch, fix exhaust bolt that I snapped and machine front rotors. All will be done by Friday in time for my trip to Sydney next Wednesday for world time attack next weekend. Tiltons Evo for the top honor!!

297kw atw's is impressive already. Isn't amazing how one becomes accustomed to the amount of power. Here I am with a maybe 150kw's at the wheels? and to think of doubling that and then wanting more seems almost crazy for a street car. But there it is. It only seems crazy until one becomes accustomed to it. anyhoo, i'm jealous :D gimme your cc details and i swear i'll feel better ;)

So I decided to knock up a gauge pod to mount a boost gauge on my dash at the base of the A-pillar the other day.

I started with a yum-cha '1 size fits all' generic A-pillar mount i got for cheap off eBay which i then started cutting into shape, followed by a bit of bogging & sanding

Pics:

gaugepod1.jpg

gaugepod2.jpg

And once I was happy with the shape (and many coats of hi-fill later), I painted it with some dark grey paint I had mixed up in a sample pot from Bunnings, applied with a sponge for the textured effect (the colour isnt a perfect match, but its close enough) & then stuck it to the dash with dounle sided tape

gaugepod3.jpg

gaugepod4.jpg

I'm in half a mind to re-do it so that the line at the bottom matches the line of the vent underneath it, but finding the time is the problem - that & the fact that I couldn't be arsed. :unsure:

That gauge pod is pretty cool, but did you consider trying to put it in the top vent hole? Nothing much goes in or out of there; I've had mine blocked for ages & noticed no difference.

+1 to Leon, mine is in there ( using.. shock/horror, a bit of garden pot :) )

Its the only non factory thing inside my car- the way I like it. Uncluttered.