SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Made a resilient mount for my bc solenoid valve.

Tried a foam backing first, still could hear the hammering resonating through my bracket.

Silent now....

2012-11-04150249.jpg

Also painted my master cylinder stopper Nissan under bonnet white (aka rustkill rattle can satin white).

I want the engine bay to look like everything was there from the beginning.

I grabbed a GKtech r33 spec one that someone mentioned was in a clearance sale....

Cooling mod received today - thanks Scott!

Will try and get it in this weekend. Radiator and hoses are due Monday, but will take a couple of weeks to get around to fitting. Once the radiator is here I also want to see if we can make up a custom fan shroud to run thermos before the radiator goes in.

Back in QLD at last, awesome Stagea fun times to be had now

Fitted my gktech BMC stopper

Billet shift knob

And Cusco strut brace :-)

IMG_20121108_162240.jpg

Still to go: white line sway bar, ebc and magnetic drain plug

Waiting to see how badly scored the bores are, then it's on to ordering new pistons rods and incidentals.

Does anyone know if R33 GTR front strut braces fit a C34 S1 RSFour?

Also looks like I'll be getting the PFC EL commander to replace the oldschool, scratched unit I have moulded behing the gear stick: I may actually be able to read it... ;) between nasty scratched lens, and the heat from the trans tunnel, the LCD unit is Very hard to read on the fly...

Back in QLD at last, awesome Stagea fun times to be had now

Fitted my gktech BMC stopper

Billet shift knob

And Cusco strut brace :-)

Still to go: white line sway bar, ebc and magnetic drain plug

Welcome back to QLD! you must be pumped to be back with the Stagea. If you had a simple bleed valve, as I did - you will love how much better an EBC is. Which one did you get ? Also did you buy F+R swaybars ? Will be interesting to hear more feedback on them.

Waiting to see how badly scored the bores are, then it's on to ordering new pistons rods and incidentals.

Does anyone know if R33 GTR front strut braces fit a C34 S1 RSFour?

Also looks like I'll be getting the PFC EL commander to replace the oldschool, scratched unit I have moulded behing the gear stick: I may actually be able to read it... ;) between nasty scratched lens, and the heat from the trans tunnel, the LCD unit is Very hard to read on the fly...

Can't help with much, but if you want to - try some 2000 wet n dry / scotch brite, then autosol or toothpaste on rag/buffing wheel. You may be surprised about getting rid of alot of scratches from the LCD

Welcome back to QLD! you must be pumped to be back with the Stagea. If you had a simple bleed valve, as I did - you will love how much better an EBC is. Which one did you get ? Also did you buy F+R swaybars ? Will be interesting to hear more feedback on them.

So happy to be back

Currently running a turbotech v2 and will be setting up the blitz SBC when I can be bothered to do the wiring lol

Only front sway bar (gtr) item but it came with the HD links which will replace my rattleing stock ones

Not sure how much of an upgrade it will be over the stock item but I'll report back once its in

Can't help with much, but if you want to - try some 2000 wet n dry / scotch brite, then autosol or toothpaste on rag/buffing wheel. You may be surprised about getting rid of alot of scratches from the LCD

Yeah: thought about that, but realistically, the heat from the transmission making the screen go dark is the major issue: thinking I'll just bite the bullet and go LED. Plus, it's nice to have new stuff!

In the meantime, I'm getting the front windows tinted and repainting the wheels and brakes so the whole car will look pretty fresh when it finally hits the tarmac again...

Not exciting but I washed the front half of the 25G. We are on tank water here , and as it has not rained for nearly four months the tanks are low.

If I had washed the whole car I would not have been able to have a shower tonite.

Finally went round to Supershit and picked up a cheap mobile phone holder to mount the Informeter to the vent. It's been out of the car for over a year, so it's about time it went to good use.

I think there are a few guys with them mounted this way. Bracket cost about $10, I think it should work well. Should be useful with the upcoming changes to the cooling system and intake, to measure the before and after.

post-34363-0-08008100-1352368848_thumb.jpg post-34363-0-75945600-1352368960_thumb.jpg

And while I was taking pictures, I don't think I ever posted any of the EVC setup...

So I mounted the display over between the cluster and the pop up screen:

post-34363-0-86452100-1352369037_thumb.jpg

Under the bonnet, I'm hoping that it's pretty subtle:

post-34363-0-76859500-1352369149_thumb.jpg

With the stepper motor mounted under the new battery cover:

post-34363-0-76641800-1352369238_thumb.jpg post-34363-0-67864400-1352369282_thumb.jpg

The extra wiring you can see next to the stepper motor is for the F-con intake temp and MAP sensors. The FPR will be mounted on the left, next to the stepper motor.

Saturday morning I'm going down to fit Scotty's cooling mod, then I'll hopefully leave the car with AM Performance next weekend to finish the intake while I'm in Melbourne.

Still no intake?

Still no cooling mod?

:P

Hey, I got the cooling mod Tuesday! I didn't have any silicone otherwise it'd be in already! :nyaanyaa:

Intake is waiting for Andrew to get an opening, he's pretty busy at the moment.

BTW Scotty, PM me your phone number, might try and drop by when I'm in Melbourne if you're about.