SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

I miss the stock turbo's response sometimes. On the other hand the engine now gets run through a larger rpm range, for better or worse. I could basically run the car under 3000rpm all the time. The hi flow is very much on light duty for what is essentially a stock replacement.

Had a smoke test done on my car today to confirm why it's making a strange hissing sound from the intake side when on boost, and confirmed that the gasket between the top and bottom halves of the intake plenum is leaking. Hopefully once this is sorted, it will also reveal why my power and torque curves flatline at around 5,400rpm and max out at 235rwkW. Should be capable of at least another 30kW with the latest round of mods.

The proper (Turbosmart style) ball valves actually work in a similar way as the electronic controller, and they do a great job of holding boost pressure off the actuator until the desired boost is reached.

I still prefer an electronic controller for the simple fact they have an overboost warning, and the ability to run a 4 or 5 port MAC valve.

Looks good Toby. :)

Thanks Scott

your help and being available to discuss any entry level issues have allowed for a direct and proven modification pathway.this stops money been thrown away several times on the R & D rollacoaster of fortune or fail...

P.S attempting to knock over as many mods at home here so hopefully theres less time spent on your hoist and whilst At your performance Garage.

The proper (Turbosmart style) ball valves actually work in a similar way as the electronic controller, and they do a great job of holding boost pressure off the actuator until the desired boost is reached.

I still prefer an electronic controller for the simple fact they have an overboost warning, and the ability to run a 4 or 5 port MAC valve.

Looks good Toby. :)

Thanks Scott

your help and being available to discuss any entry level issues have allowed for a direct and proven modification pathway.this stops money been thrown away several times on the R & D rollacoaster of fortune or fail...

P.S attempting to knock over as many mods at home here so hopefully theres less time spent on your hoist and whilst At your performance Garage.

Maybe then I can bring the whip and junior along to.

post-123793-13854049013075_thumb.jpg

Edited by TM35

I'm not sure this should be in the 'what have you done to your stagea lately' rather than 'what will you be doing to your stagea soon' but I'd prefer not to start a new thread.

n00b alert

Quick question - I've warped my front rotars and will be getting new calipers at the same time. I'm about to get my hands on RDA slotted front rotors 296mm by 30mm for my nm35 - the seller is saying they suit R34 GT-T but I beleive the GT-T came out with 310mm by 30mm and the R34 GT came out with the 296mm.

Should I be asking the wreckers for front GT-T calipers or GT calipers. My knowledge of brake system is zilch to none.

Years ago when I used to come on here, I think I remember people buying the V35 Skyline GT cat-back exhausts as a cheap direct replacement for the NM35s big heavy resonator. Am I remembering correctly? what about the 350z exhaust - that also works but needs a minor mod?

Edited by Drogba

Just sent back front set of RDA brand 296mm (doah!) to change for the correct 310mm to suit a 2nd hand set of R34 GTT callipers ive purchased threw just jap after they measured up to a front cut NM35 they had sitting there apparently straight boltup.RDA Dimple drilled & slotted items via ebay also were a very competitive priced for brand new, a new set of Intima SR street/circuit rated pads will bite into them.

Just sent back front set of RDA brand 296mm (doah!) to change for the correct 310mm to suit a 2nd hand set of R34 GTT callipers ive purchased threw just jap after they measured up to a front cut NM35 they had sitting there apparently straight boltup.RDA Dimple drilled & slotted items via ebay also were a very competitive priced for brand new, a new set of Intima SR street/circuit rated pads will bite into them.

Cheers, okay got my hands on some RDA 310s now. How much were GTT Calipers from justjap?

I paid $320 inc. freight to adelaide.

Im not sure how many sets they had but otherwise i recall gumtree had a front & rear package advertised.

my painter mate used the good weather oportunity to resray my front bar and cleaned it up. looks much clearner without the scrapes and wear.

IMAG2148_zpsa36b2731.jpg

IMAG2150_zps29b3d780.jpg

also managed to get my tires fitted to the new wheels ready for the "lets make them fit" game.

happy with the amount of stretch

IMAG2143_zpsf19c07a5.jpg

Edited by GH05T

Years ago when I used to come on here, I think I remember people buying the V35 Skyline GT cat-back exhausts as a cheap direct replacement for the NM35s big heavy resonator. Am I remembering correctly? what about the 350z exhaust - that also works but needs a minor mod?

The V35 coupe mid pipe is a direct replacement for the Stagea one...

post-20696-0-57671600-1385546980_thumb.jpg

The 350Z one is basically the same but shorter, efectively by the straight bit fitted to the engine end of the V35 coupe one..

Mine was $120 from Niss4x4, and took about 20 minutes to fit. 2 months later took another 10 minutes to remove the brace thing on the tranmission tunnel, prop shaft catcher thing, as the exhaust was hitting it..