SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

They do seem to run a little richer on boost than OEM, I suspect they have a slightly different airflow/Voltage curve. Only the modified cars seem to display the rich running, at least it's better than lean mixtures I guess. Did you reset the ecu before fitting it Josh?

The problem is the 'replacement' Nissan AFM's run much the same as these, and only last a short time in comparison, (something gets damaged inside at full noise for some reason.) I have yet to hear of a failure from these aftermarket afm's, and the price is much more reasonable.

Gives you a good reason to tune the car Josh. :P

Yes a good tune is next on the list once I get a ecu. Was thinking wolf 3d(to give us another ecu option) or greddy emanage ultimate(already tried and tested). Found when I was giving it a little using triptonic once I went from say 1st to 2nd gear it kinda stalled/stuttered.

Well, I bought the red S1 off ebay. Price was OK for S1 Dayz with electric leather. Duco is sh#t but does not make it go or stop. Motor was advertised as stuffed, and it is. Compression test was my worst Chrissie present 3,5 & 6 50psi. So out with the motor and it looks like an RB30/25, same as the Sil is the way to go.

So my new year of Deeper in Debt continues. One would think at my age I would know better But then I am a Nissan Man.

Happy SAFE motoring for all for 2014..

Took the HKS pod filter out and put the factory air box back in with a Greddy high flow panel filter. Hopefully it will be a bit cooler than the pod filter and if I was to get pulled over, it isn't a defect.

Took the HKS pod filter out and put the factory air box back in with a Greddy high flow panel filter. Hopefully it will be a bit cooler than the pod filter and if I was to get pulled over, it isn't a defect.

Have you got a cold air deflector? That is supposed to help also.

Yeah, I have that. Kept all the stock parts just in case. Although it is a PITA carrying this stuff around when you get posted around the country every few years.

Well, I bought the red S1 off ebay. Price was OK for S1 Dayz with electric leather. Duco is sh#t but does not make it go or stop. Motor was advertised as stuffed, and it is. Compression test was my worst Chrissie present 3,5 & 6 50psi. So out with the motor and it looks like an RB30/25, same as the Sil is the way to go.

So my new year of Deeper in Debt continues. One would think at my age I would know better But then I am a Nissan Man.

Happy SAFE motoring for all for 2014..

Hmmmm looks like your going to need a 4wd sump adapter and oil pick up for that mission

Hmmmm looks like your going to need a 4wd sump adapter and oil pick up for that mission And a lot of dosh.LOL

My Nismo son is doing the Sil Rb30/25 so he does the hard yards and I learn from him for a change. I have been looking at a better oil pump system

for my other RS4 Auto. It has an FFP and a pod and it runs a bit too hot and gets the gurgles I have an oil temp gauge and it gets to 120 when pushed up Henri Robert Drive.. I am looking at an oil cooler, but with a remote oil filter and an oil cooler I think I will need a much better oil pumping system. First I will go like Hanso and refit the stock air box and the cold air deflector. Mrs66 will appreciate the lowering of the induction noise.

Hugh have you put a bigger transfluid cooler on the auto RS4? If it is still routed through the bottom of the radiator that should help. I presume you are using a good synthetic oil! I had a remote filter system but gave up on looking for a place to put it so just got a sandwich plate where I can screw the filter on as its not too hard to do under the FFP.

And what have I done to my Stagea lately? Finally fitted the stock rear wing I bought ages ago, got my under mirror rust cut out and will paint shortly. I got tired of buying cheap and nasty wheels for the track and thought why don't I use my lightweight forged TE37s and bought some Direzzas to try. For the street I got a set of 18 x 8in wheels (ex Nissan GT coupe SE) which actually fit ok. I seem to have lost the ability to paste links on here (anyone else or is it my computer?) so pics will have to wait.

Also removed the knock-off Aerocatches which lasted less than 6 months and installed the much superior genuine article.

(BTW was having a number of problems with this site - unable to paste links etc. Just uninstalled IE11 and reverted to IE10 - all seems to be fixed)

Aerocatch003.jpg

"KiwiRS4T" watch out the heads of the bolts on the bonnet pins will rust out with rain, didn't have a problem washing my car but after it rained they left nice rust lines all down my bonnet :(

No worries have already replaced with stainless!

Tried to rationalise that it's just a car and was not worth commiting murder over because my mother-in-law didn't even notice she'd clipped another car with it pulling out of a car park. Nice little dent right on the crease above the driver's front wheel arch and scuffed up paint on the front bumper.

Mother-in-law is now banished to driving only the Commodore battle wagon which, every time it gets damaged, only elicits a "whatevs bro" from me.

Tried to rationalise that it's just a car and was not worth commiting murder over because my mother-in-law didn't even notice she'd clipped another car with it pulling out of a car park. Nice little dent right on the crease above the driver's front wheel arch and scuffed up paint on the front bumper.

Mother-in-law is now banished to driving only the Commodore battle wagon which, every time it gets damaged, only elicits a "whatevs bro" from me.

You ought to see my two Stags. None of my doing.