SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

thats normal tom. i did a bit of testing when i installed my aftermarket pump. at idle the fuel pump was only seeing ~8v. when you start the car, for 30 seconds the pump see's the full ~13v before dropping back to ~8v. i couldn't take the car out on the road as the rear was in pieces, so i didn't test the switch over point for full voltage while driving, i imagine its something like as soon as you hit the throttle it ups the voltage. if you want to bypass this let me know and i'll send you the wiring changes diagram i made up.

no problems

i know i grounded my S13 pump to keep it on the high speed all the time. worked well. My S15s were single speed, but benefitted from better grounding!

so cut the ground and re run it to the chassis?

might also check for rain water in my ecu cables, its never bothered it before but we had some rain last night and i didn't check the footwell yet

might run a relay off my sub cabling for the 14v rewire thingo

can someone check how many volts their stock pump gets at idle (s2 owners preferably)

QWK just answered the voltage question.

as for grounding the pump, i dont want to give you wrong information, but from memory on the S chassis i took the ground wire from the pump, and connected it directly to the chassis of the car.

this took out the 2 speed switching circuit.

youve already mentioned a relay, if you hook up the pump directly to the battery with new wiring, youll be laughing. also allows more stable voltages if/when you upgrade the pump.

dont use the amp wiring to power the pump. give it its own wire.

thats normal tom. i did a bit of testing when i installed my aftermarket pump. at idle the fuel pump was only seeing ~8v. when you start the car, for 30 seconds the pump see's the full ~13v before dropping back to ~8v. i couldn't take the car out on the road as the rear was in pieces, so i didn't test the switch over point for full voltage while driving, i imagine its something like as soon as you hit the throttle it ups the voltage. if you want to bypass this let me know and i'll send you the wiring changes diagram i made up.

that would be good if you could, not sure what kind of wizardry the fuel system has on this thing

i must have been typing at the same time as you

QWK just answered the voltage question.

as for grounding the pump, i dont want to give you wrong information, but from memory on the S chassis i took the ground wire from the pump, and connected it directly to the chassis of the car.

this took out the 2 speed switching circuit.

youve already mentioned a relay, if you hook up the pump directly to the battery with new wiring, youll be laughing. also allows more stable voltages if/when you upgrade the pump.

dont use the amp wiring to power the pump. give it its own wire.

i'll run another wire along the fuel lines/pipes (under the car), worked well for the amp wiring

then use the stock wiring to trigger the relay :D

might look into a gss-341 whalbro as it looks like the easiest to get into a stagea housing

hope this is the issue, though i'm not sure why it would cause the ecu to shut down, only other thing i can think of is the turbo timer playing up (turned it off yesterday so maybe instead of kicking in for a split second its letting it die)

i'll run another wire along the fuel lines/pipes (under the car), worked well for the amp wiring

then use the stock wiring to trigger the relay :D

That stuff should really be run through the cabin, not under the floor. Just run it down the opposite side of the car to your RCA's.

Insulation is too soft (makes it flexible), flick a rock up, get a nick in it, fills with water, nice OFC cable goes black and crappy, high resistance here we come!

I also avoid running any kind of wiring near fuel lines if possible.

Edited by Daleo

i use the premise that nissan tuck the lines into places that don't get damaged easily

its also a lot neater and saves going through the firewall

i've got some wiring from a battery relocation so i might use that (about 4 gauge)

I put R33 front calipers and rotors all sweet ,thanks to Scott that made the spacers (Thanks Mate) BUT when I took the wheels off discovered that one of the CV boots is gone and the other side is going that way...damn now to look for a place to fix them...

I put R33 front calipers and rotors all sweet ,thanks to Scott that made the spacers (Thanks Mate) BUT when I took the wheels off discovered that one of the CV boots is gone and the other side is going that way...damn now to look for a place to fix them...

Good to hear everything bolted up nicely. :thumbsup:

Got the old rusty studs out of my turbo manifold, and had the manifold bolts holes rethreaded.Thanks Scott.

put some heat sheild n the walls of engine bay as im ditching the heat sheild on the manifold.

3m sticky heat sheild is GOOD!

cant wait for the turbo now..

Edited by AaronNM35

Got the old rusty studs out of my turbo manifold, and had the manifold bolts holes rethreaded.Thanks Scott.

put some heat sheild n the walls of engine bay as im ditching the heat sheild on the manifold.

3m sticky heat sheild is GOOD!

cant wait for the turbo now..

Nice one, got a link for the heat shielding?

nah i can never find it online

Its a shop near my house thats sells it. I think Scotts gonna be buying it in bulk soon, maybe speak to him about it.

But I should get a photo of it and post it. This stuff is amazing, I used it on my dump and not one corner is even thinking of peeling off!

and it actually does its job!

Edited by AaronNM35

That's pretty!

Haven't seen that kit before... hmm, unless I am missing something, the turbo looks to only run off the gasses from the passenger side exhaust manifold?

Interesting.

lol @ "I bought when the dollar was strong".

http://www.intensepower.com/pogttukit350.html

Nope, both manifolds. A gt35 would need that flow.

There have been a few factory low pressure turbo designs come out only using half the manifold. I am looking into installing a 40mm wastegate on the drivers side bank to essentially run the turbo off the passenger bank once it has spun up, I assume this will lower the exhaust backpressure and allow much higher outputs in the topend where the little housing becomes restrictive...

Nope, both manifolds. A gt35 would need that flow.

There have been a few factory low pressure turbo designs come out only using half the manifold. I am looking into installing a 40mm wastegate on the drivers side bank to essentially run the turbo off the passenger bank once it has spun up, I assume this will lower the exhaust backpressure and allow much higher outputs in the topend where the little housing becomes restrictive...

hmm... I still don't see the piping for it... what is the small part of the Y-pipe for the?

Looks to me like the driver's side bank runs straight out from the stock manifold to the small part of the y-pipe.

Anyway, as I said to you the other day, I like that wastegate on the passenger bank idea.

Less pressure = greater flow.

hmm... I still don't see the piping for it... what is the small part of the Y-pipe for the?

Looks to me like the driver's side bank runs straight out from the stock manifold to the small part of the y-pipe.

Anyway, as I said to you the other day, I like that wastegate on the passenger bank idea.

Less pressure = greater flow.

would sound awsome too with a scream hanging off the end of it.