SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Don't want to sound sceptical, but can you prove the increase in driveability, economy and reduction of intake temps?

This argument has been done to death.:whistling:

Back to back, same day, plenum skin temp measured with a non contact temp gun (accurate to 800deg) 31deg reduction.

Economy; only .1-.2 km/l, possibly a bit more.

Driveability; VERY subjective, because it's a "seat of the pants thing". But; Yes, farking HEAPS! Better response, stacks more torque.

Ripped Aaron's turbo out, 2 hours flat. Not bad going.

He is going for a bush core this time as bearings have left a bad taste in his exhaust, and bits of wheel. Shaft snapped in half.

DUDE! i have to give scott the biggest props for doing this!! had the turbo out in 2 hours! and managed to get it fixed under warranty..

stage 2 wheels bush bearing core!

cant wait now.

f*kn owe you one scott!thanks.gif

8psi. lol. Not even tuned, second gear apparently at 2000 revs. The bearings were noisy when it first went in, after 3 months it had snapped the shaft and demolished the exhaust wheel, front looked pretty good considering but it was seized.

I had the car on stands, its an easy job if there is no heat-shield so guess what's not going back on. lol. 3m stick-on heat-shield will do the job nicely. :thumbsup:

yeh 2nd gear at about 2k revs. i was behind someone going slow so i wasnt even pushing it.. i mean it was 6am.. i was tired. then bang black smoke. that woke me up good.

hasnt been in the car for even half a year..

n yeh ive turned the boost right down as it wasnt tuned yet..

The engine will be built, and it will run a bigger turbo.

Firstly though, I need to sort out the EMS and get a manual conversion happening. My tuner tried on the Haltech and said it isn't compatible, something to do with the pulses, I forget what exactly.

Has anyone made any headway in manual conversions for the M35?

Is the R34 GTR gearbox with bellhousing modifications the go?

The engine will be built, and it will run a bigger turbo.

Firstly though, I need to sort out the EMS and get a manual conversion happening. My tuner tried on the Haltech and said it isn't compatible, something to do with the pulses, I forget what exactly.

Has anyone made any headway in manual conversions for the M35?

Is the R34 GTR gearbox with bellhousing modifications the go?

Im about to go down this path myself but I think I will hold off on my 3.5 build for now for the very reason you are having now, people dont understand these engines. You will have to go standalone, PS2000 or motec m800 or similar which means you may not have the dash, attessa abs etc. Will you be paying a mechanic to learn all about this engine?

Pulses? I guess he means the crank sensor? Better find a new tuner... What Haltech was he using anyway?

What prompted this change over? Did you damage your engine? Do you still have it?

lol... you don't sound sceptical at all!

Point taken. I have just been on a few forums where people fit stuff, then say how good it is without hard data. I can't really 'feel' your 'seat of the pants' performance upgrade.

Just want numbers that's all.

This argument has been done to death.:whistling:

Back to back, same day, plenum skin temp measured with a non contact temp gun (accurate to 800deg) 31deg reduction.

Economy; only .1-.2 km/l, possibly a bit more.

Driveability; VERY subjective, because it's a "seat of the pants thing". But; Yes, farking HEAPS! Better response, stacks more torque.

Thanks Daleo.