SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Hey Ryan what t10 led globes did you get?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/120782819640?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

They look pretty good, and delivery was fast.

I'd like to get some LED indicators too but doesn't look like I'm going to have much luck there. I am tempted to buy some of the T20s I've seen on ebay and try them - some claim to have a resister to stop the 'fast blinking' problem you can get.

Did the brake wire cut on the M35 today. Connected the wire to the reverse lights (thanks for that handy idea Leon) so everytime I reverse and hold the brake on a little the ECU sees the connection to keep the ECU/CEL happy.

Haven't test driven it yet, will do tomorrow and hopefully feel the results.

I initially wasn't going to do this mod until yesterday when I tried to jump across one lane of traffic and ended up sitting a couple inches higher in my seat lol.

Did the brake wire cut on the M35 today. Connected the wire to the reverse lights (thanks for that handy idea Leon) so everytime I reverse and hold the brake on a little the ECU sees the connection to keep the ECU/CEL happy.

:thumbsup: . I think I might do the same. I've done enough testing so no benefit in being able to switch it on & off anymore. I can't see any downside in leaving it on permanently. I mean, no one is forcing me to use it in anger... That will also free up a much needed switch position. Byebye fun switch :action-smiley-069: . And why a couple of inches higher in your seet? From butt clenching?

Oh, btw, with it connected to the reverse lights, the application of the brake has no bearing on things. So there could be an occasion where you will bring the CEL, but it's highly unlikely. Eg, you fill up your car & then pull out onto the freeway & don't stop (ie go into reverse) for 700km+ (driving reasonably economically). It may be that the ECU says 'why haven't I seen 12V from the brake in so long?' & throws a code. Good news is it doesn't seem to cause any problems, at least not straight away from my experience. And when you pull in for fuel & slide the lever into park, just pause for a second or two in reverse & you're clear.

Let us know your experience after driving with it for a while as there's been mixed reports.

Sitting higher as I stacked my dacks some what.

Thanks for explaining how it works a little more, no i u derstand why you guys had to tap the brakes when tou reconnect. The longest drive I do is around 250km to the riverland with a quick stop at my favorite bakery so it will see reverse quite often.

I'll post up my thoughts on it in a week after I have a bit of a play.

Cheers

Well the new RDA slotted discs and HPX pads went on with the new oil etc. on Friday as planned and feel great!! No shudders...

Had a meeting at Suzuki this morning, way out west, and on the way back drove past Niss4x4.... I wonder.... might they have a V35 coupe... And they did, and it had a stock exhaust!! $110 later it was off the V35 and in my boot.

6 nuts removed and less than an hour later with 5 of them refitted (removed the spare exhaust hanger), it is now happily under my car... Had to give the propshaft shield a gentle tap with the medium blunt object, but all good....

Loving the burrrrrrrrrrrrrrple on idle, no drone, and still very quiet on cruise..

Very happy man.. :thumbsup:

Edited by nickcorr

1329722005[/url]' post='6243330']

Well the new RDA slotted discs and HPX pads went on with the new oil etc. on Friday as planned and feel great!! No shudders...

Had a meeting at Suzuki this morning, way out west, and on the way back drove past Niss4x4.... I wonder.... might they have a V35 coupe... And they did, and it had a stock exhaust!! $110 later it was off the V35 and in my boot.

6 nuts removed and less than an hour later with 5 of them refitted (removed the spare exhaust hanger), it is now happily under my car... Had to give the propshaft shield a gentle tap with the medium blunt object, but all good....

Loving the burrrrrrrrrrrrrrple on idle, no drone, and still very quiet on cruise..

Very happy man.. :thumbsup:

Great job mate. Easy isn't it!Best kept secret, can't believe nobody gave it a ago before me.

Slippy, it is the 350z that needs a bit of extension.

FINALLY Finally Finally after 3 years, and massive mess arounds and waaaay too much $ invested, I got the roof rail replacements fitted! They needed a ridiculous amount of prep work to get on (not naming names, but if I were the workshop who made these, I'd be ashamed to present it as a finished product), and the end ressult is far enough from from perfect that I'm pretty sure I'll crack it in the next year or so and have them re-engineered yet again for a better result, but it's still massively better than no rails! Am I ecstatic? nope, but still very happy that my car actually looks whole (even if it is from a distance)...

post-39451-0-94128900-1329725865_thumb.jpg

post-39451-0-87431800-1329725879_thumb.jpg

V35 ditches the 20kg box of baffles doesn't it? There's a huge benefit there alone.

Bloody hell I didnt realize it's that heavy. I wouldn't mind a better flowing mid pipe but need to keep it quiet to keep the boss happy. I like the idea of using the v35 mid pipe with the a/market dump and front pipe as it would flow a heap better than stock and still be quiet and a cheap upgrade.

1329726467[/url]' post='6243438']

Bloody hell I didnt realize it's that heavy. I wouldn't mind a better flowing mid pipe but need to keep it quiet to keep the boss happy. I like the idea of using the v35 mid pipe with the a/market dump and front pipe as it would flow a heap better than stock and still be quiet and a cheap upgrade.

Yup, it is a heavy bitch. Nick will back me up I'm sure! Can't say that I saw a difference in performance, but being na at the time, it's not surprising.Look, it's a cheap upgrade for those looking for a bit more note, bit more performance. It won't hold it's own against a proper aftermarket exhaust but I never said it would. It is a bigger pipe, with a resonator compared to a muffler. Hopefuly Nick should post some vids. I wouldn't compare it to my nismo though!