SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Great job mate. Easy isn't it!Best kept secret, can't believe nobody gave it a ago before me.

Slippy, it is the 350z that needs a bit of extension.

Put the extended 350Z mid-pipe in (has been passed around a few cars on this forum I think...) yesterday. As mentioned, bit more note, bit more performance. The thing I noticed was smoother throughout the rev range. I had a bit of a flat spot that's gone now.

Dead-easy fit, bolt straight in!

EXCEPT... Nuts on the front flange were rusted solid... Rounded off nicely with the right sized ring spanner... Angle-grinder to get them off, then the studs wouldn't come out so had to drill them out. 20 minute job took all afternoon! Still, happy with the results - CHEAP and easy upgrade. Keeps the minister for domestic affairs happy too!

Put the extended 350Z mid-pipe in (has been passed around a few cars on this forum I think...) yesterday. As mentioned, bit more note, bit more performance. The thing I noticed was smoother throughout the rev range. I had a bit of a flat spot that's gone now.

Dead-easy fit, bolt straight in!

EXCEPT... Nuts on the front flange were rusted solid... Rounded off nicely with the right sized ring spanner... Angle-grinder to get them off, then the studs wouldn't come out so had to drill them out. 20 minute job took all afternoon! Still, happy with the results - CHEAP and easy upgrade. Keeps the minister for domestic affairs happy too!

That my old one is it? Good to see its back in NSW!

My air con hasn't been working, which is somewhat understandable with some of the high temps we've seen lately in Adelaide.

I figured it might have something to do with the thermo fan, which hasn't worked since I put it in. I have never seen it spin.

Hooked the multimeter up, and only measured a negligible voltage. I cut off the dodgy solder connection, and put new crimp connectors on. Tested with a 9V battery, and the fan span up and ran fine.

So the problem must be the signal to the fan - the car just isn't switching it on. Is there a fuse I should be looking for, or is the car just deciding it doesn't need to kick this fan in?

I seem to remember this fan also sitting in front of the air con condenser, so thought this could be responsible for the crap air con.

Any ideas?

got stuck in stop/start traffic on the way home, and got bored so started playing with my fc commander. Good thing, because I noticed the coolant temp was higher than it should be (102deg) , and creeping higher.

So I managed to get it to my mech's workshop (was on my way there anyway), and discovered that I had melted the fuse for my thermo fan. Lucky Lucky Lucky I caught it in time: coolant reached a max of 115deg before shutdown....

I'm now looking at other options: breaker instead of fuse on thermo, or like I orinally wanted: twin thermos on independent circuits: I'm all about redundancy... Opinions?

Finally fitted my full exhaust on my M35 replacing the old, tired Kakimoto R cat-back

Fitted the AM Performance dump and mid-pipe along with a brand new SS Kakimoto R cat-back

Impressions..

Much deeper sound, revs so much more freely and quicker up the ranges.

Spools alot louder and harder. Just sounds so much better

Very impressed over all. Spent over $2K all up and had to wait 2 months but I'm happy..

Highly recommend all items.

got stuck in stop/start traffic on the way home, and got bored so started playing with my fc commander. Good thing, because I noticed the coolant temp was higher than it should be (102deg) , and creeping higher.

So I managed to get it to my mech's workshop (was on my way there anyway), and discovered that I had melted the fuse for my thermo fan. Lucky Lucky Lucky I caught it in time: coolant reached a max of 115deg before shutdown....

I'm now looking at other options: breaker instead of fuse on thermo, or like I orinally wanted: twin thermos on independent circuits: I'm all about redundancy... Opinions?

Stock fan!

Finally fitted my full exhaust on my M35 replacing the old, tired Kakimoto R cat-back

Fitted the AM Performance dump and mid-pipe along with a brand new SS Kakimoto R cat-back

Glad you're very happy with the results, but I am confused.

Kakimoto R (and N1 for that matter) only came in stainless steel. DO you have a pic of the cat-back that was removed by any chance?

Kakimoto R (and N1 for that matter) only came in stainless steel. DO you have a pic of the cat-back that was removed by any chance?

Maybe it was just a really "old and tired" kaki replaced by a shiny new one...LOL

wish I had the $$$ to replace my not so old but dented Legalis with a new one!

No picture but definitely mild steel. Had rust spots everywhere. I didn't know mild was an option but I guess it was back then. It a very old looking unit, the old one had a mid muffler as opposed to a resonator on the new unit.