SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

So on Sunday i installed my TEIN's which i bought back in April on an impulse buy even though i didn't own a Stagea. I was adamant i was going to buy one and i couldn't complain with the price.

I wasn't sure how to go about installing them but as i took the wheels off i saw how easy the install was. Took me 3 hours which included me changing the oil.

So far i'm very impressed with them and it is sitting 50 mm lower at the front and 25 mm lower in the back. It is very low and i will raise them up a bit and drive on them for about a month and then i will re set the height

Looks the goods; any reason you didn't like the BC's?

Are you planning to upgrade and use the EDFC on them?

Looks the goods; any reason you didn't like the BC's?

Are you planning to upgrade and use the EDFC on them?

Nothing against the BC's, they were good while i had them on and i have no faults with them.

Just like i said i already had the TEIN's before i got the car, so i was going to swap over whatever came with the car i bought regardless what came with it. Another reason so i knew that the suspension is new and is what i wanted.

Don't think i will go EDFC but who knows in the future. I nearly have the car to the state at whcih i wanted it, i just need to do the exhaust now which is on its way from Japan

• Like 1

So on Sunday i installed my TEIN's which i bought back in April on an impulse buy even though i didn't own a Stagea. I was adamant i was going to buy one and i couldn't complain with the price.

I wasn't sure how to go about installing them but as i took the wheels off i saw how easy the install was. Took me 3 hours which included me changing the oil.

So far i'm very impressed with them and it is sitting 50 mm lower at the front and 25 mm lower in the back. It is very low and i will raise them up a bit and drive on them for about a month and then i will re set the height

Hi Luis

Nice car. Few questions

- did you feel that your car was faster (0-100kmh for example) from the HDi intercooler

- with the boost controller, pardon my lack of technical intelligence here, I thought it makes no difference given boost is ultimately controlled by the ECU?

Thanks

Nothing against the BC's, they were good while i had them on and i have no faults with them.

Just like i said i already had the TEIN's before i got the car, so i was going to swap over whatever came with the car i bought regardless what came with it. Another reason so i knew that the suspension is new and is what i wanted.

Don't think i will go EDFC but who knows in the future. I nearly have the car to the state at whcih i wanted it, i just need to do the exhaust now which is on its way from Japan

What are you doing with the BCs you took off? Are they in good condition? Would you be interested in selling them?

Hi Luis

Nice car. Few questions

- did you feel that your car was faster (0-100kmh for example) from the HDi intercooler

- with the boost controller, pardon my lack of technical intelligence here, I thought it makes no difference given boost is ultimately controlled by the ECU?

Thanks

In all honesty i haven't noticed a major difference, I did change the boost controller at the same time which would effect me noticing the difference in intercoolers.

In regards to the boost controller, the factory boost was 1 Bar/14 psi (going off the factory boost gauge) and with the new controller when i have it all set to default the turbo is producing 8 psi. Then with a bit of tuning i have got my low boost set to 10 psi and my high boost set to 16 psi. When tuning i did hit a boost spike of 19 psi but am not willing to run that with stock injectors.

With the ecu in the VQ25DET there is a factory boost controller which i have replaced with the GReddy one. The wastegate is now being controlled by the GReddy unit not the factory computer. I am now able to control peak boost, the boost curve and how quick it takes to get to peak boost. The GReddy is a great little unit and very easy to use once you understand how to use it.

What are you doing with the BCs you took off? Are they in good condition? Would you be interested in selling them?

They are in great condition, so I'm selling them. I advertised them on the Victorian Stagea Division Facebook page and already have a buyer. If he doesn't buy them then ill put them on gumtree or somthing

Edited by DrLui

In all honesty i haven't noticed a major difference, I did change the boost controller at the same time which would effect me noticing the difference in intercoolers.

In regards to the boost controller, the factory boost was 1 Bar/14 psi (going off the factory boost gauge) and with the new controller when i have it all set to default the turbo is producing 8 psi. Then with a bit of tuning i have got my low boost set to 10 psi and my high boost set to 16 psi. When tuning i did hit a boost spike of 19 psi but am not willing to run that with stock injectors.

With the ecu in the VQ25DET there is a factory boost controller which i have replaced with the GReddy one. The wastegate is now being controlled by the GReddy unit not the factory computer.

They are in great condition, so I'm selling them. I advertised them on the Victorian Stagea Division Facebook page and already have a buyer. If he doesn't buy them then ill put them on gumtree or somthing

If they don't sell I interested price dependant

After replacing my roo damaged front quarter I also imported a complete door (the old one had kangaroo tail bone dints all along it)

So out with the old post-135423-0-73879700-1441188112_thumb.jpg and in with the new using my one man door installer thingamabob post-135423-0-04032600-1441188165_thumb.jpg

I think that tint might be a bit darker than factory post-135423-0-27558000-1441188253_thumb.jpg so a swap was in order post-135423-0-10390400-1441188372_thumb.jpg

Lots of room to work, no small access holes here post-135423-0-17185700-1441188507_thumb.jpg Bose vs Panasonic speaker (slightly different loom too) post-135423-0-36539900-1441188625_thumb.jpg

Machined discs and some EBC reds (PN: DP3775C for those playing at home)

and some touch up paint for a few chips post-135423-0-96303900-1441188787_thumb.jpg My 5 year old daughter cleaning the hub faces (PROUD DAD :sweat:) post-135423-0-62683400-1441188950_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ordered a 32mm solid front swaybar & bush's (superpro) from GSL RalleySport for $229.00 posted.

?? I thought all Superpro are hollow items ??

Read that somewhere, due to keeping the weight down to close as stock item.

Just ordered the same myself, 33mm front and 22mm rear and new extra caster bush kit.

Also waiting on Dales brace :)

Edited by conan7772

Still by far the best upgrade I.m.o.

Response from mid to top end very tidy indeed. For me paired to the aftermarket 3" exhaust my fuel economy improvement has been the real big bonus tho...

Still very happy customer

Edited by TM35