SAU Community

33 Gtst Street/track Car

Hehe I meant to say width, thanks for the info. I run 235 45s on the front and they are ok I just want to see if you could fit a larger tyre in there.

ran 17x9inch +20 with 235 on my track gts-t with no issue on the front, when i added another 5mm spacer it was pushing it

• 2 months later...

ha ha, nah no 'attempted' drifting in this thing.

No updates really, collecting parts but Im just flat out at work and away a fair bit so no time to really do anything.

Had a day off yesterday so did a quick trip to repco, bought 90bucks worth of paint and took to the wheels.

The anodizing on the te37's were worn down anyway, and i thought i'd give this a shot before paying to get them powdercoated.

Turned out really really good, very happy with em.

post-3412-0-05134800-1301390978_thumb.jpg

post-3412-0-44516100-1301390986_thumb.jpg

Had a bit of spare time this evening so put in a new Personal steering wheel, leather with suede around the hand grips. Really nice looking wheel.

While i was at it put a just jap removable boss kit also.

post-3412-0-29092900-1301483042_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

No updates as I've been overseas for work for a little while, however watch this space in the coming months.

The amount of parts i have sitting at home is actually scaring me a little, I don't know where to start.

Parts include:

3076 ext gate

3.5" ti exhaust

r34 gtr crank

a couple sets of BIG brakes(one being a carbon ceramic set if i can get them to fit :) )

peterson dry sump pump and tank

18x9.5 te37sl's

racetech seat

aeromotions wing

plus about 40+ other things

yeah, you get the idea. First thing will be to strip it and start the fabrication work(ie rollcage plus a couple other goodies ;) )

Can't wait to get back :)

• 2 weeks later...

ran 17x9inch +20 with 235 on my track gts-t with no issue on the front, when i added another 5mm spacer it was pushing it

I'm interested to know what ride height was used with this setup, and also whether this one or Simon's had any clearance issues with the front upright near full lock?

This build is taking its time but the collection of goodies sure looks to being as good as it gets for a 2wd R33.

with the ride height as seen above I did have rubbing issues close to full lock, but that was only on the spash guards. So i removed the splash guards, tidied up the wiring under the guard, and no rubbing at all.

The 9.5's shouldnt have any issue at all, however im going to try and run 265's on the front so we'll see how that goes. If it rubs i just might need to space them out and pull the guard a tad.

Reason why this build is taking it's time is because i've been working overseas for 7 months, but back next week and the build shall begin

• 2 weeks later...

well just did some easy things today while it was raining.

Put on some numbers for the super sprint series.

Installed an aeromotions R2 wing, just need to wire some power up to it. Install went easy, always fun cutting and drilling bits out of your car.

Fitted some 18x9.5 +22 te37 sl's with 265 ad08 rubber all round. Fronts just clear the arms, just. I thought it would be harder getting 265's on the

front of a gtst but so far so good. Sticks out a little tad, but i have camber arms to go on shortly so no big deal there. Bought some metal open ended wheel nuts with floating rings on the bottom of them. Expensive but well worth it.

Also fitted an omp flat bottom suede steering wheel, and some carbon gt style mirrors. Couldn't find them for an r33, so i bought a set for an s14 and what do you know, bolt on ;)

In the next few days I'll put on a trust 3.5 in titanium exhaust, hks oil cooler and i'll be completely gutting the inside of the car, getting ready for a cage.

post-3412-0-12209100-1328852593_thumb.jpg

post-3412-0-98043400-1328852614_thumb.jpg

post-3412-0-17028200-1328852669_thumb.jpg

post-3412-0-78909900-1328852695_thumb.jpg

so while i'm getting the rest of the car ready, looking for a bare rb25 block to start the engine build.

This is what I've got so far:

R34 Gtr crank

Cp Rb26 Pistons 9:1

Spool Rb26 rods

ATI 1000hp rb26 damper w/oil pump drive

arp main and head studs

Supertech valve springs, titanium retainers, valve stem seals

Hks 256/264 cams with tomei exhaust cam wheel(retaining vct)

Peterson 4 stage dry sump pump

Peterson tank

Fitting for the pump and sump

All i need is a custom sump made up.

Intake/exhaust wise i'm running a smaller turbo to start with, and we'll see how response goes(which should be awesome) but chances are the turbo may run out of puff in the high revs, so we'll play around with that.

gt3076r .63 rear housing external gate

tial 44mm wastegate

hks manifold

greddy inlet manifold

q45 throttle body

z32 afm

power fc

Fuel wise i have a walbro intank, which will lead to a surge tank, with an 044 feeding off that into a high flow fuel filter, running into tomei

740cc injectors with a sard fpr.

If anyone knows of a cheap rb25 block let us know ;)

Rear wing looks great. Power? Is it cabin adjustable?

Not sold on the flat bottomed steering wheel.

The engine shopping list is extensive and looks pretty good. Don't discount the use of a stock RB25 throttle though; it will pass more than enough air mass for whatever a GT30 or 35 can throw at it. And also make for easier tuning off-idle.

yeah the greddy manifold that i purchased came with a q45 throttle body, so I was going to use it as it is still attached.

Will do some more research into that vs an rb25 throttle body now. Thanks for that.

Yeah the aeromotions wing is not only cabin adjustable, but also runs off a g-meter and speed meter. So you can program it to change angles

depending on speed, corners etc etc

Fitted the trust 3.5inch titanium exhaust today, hell of alot louder than my twin exhaust, and a fair bit lighter.

Also fitted some cusco front camber arms. Haven't measured it yet but should be around -2.5dg to -3dg camber.

Put some clips on the side of the front bar/guard to make it easier to take the front bar off too.

post-3412-0-14073200-1329018496_thumb.jpg

post-3412-0-07926700-1329018506_thumb.jpg

post-3412-0-73465400-1329018519_thumb.jpg

didnt have too much time today, so just fitted some bonnet pins for my secondary bonnet restraints, and also some universal canards to the front.

When i get my new front bar made I'll be getting some larger custom canards, but these should be alright for now. I did have some autoselect copy ones that i was going to fit, but they wouldn't fit the front bar. If anyone with a 33 gtr front bar wants em give me a bell ;)

Throwing on the hks oil cooler tomorrow, and starting to strip the interior(what's left of it).

post-3412-0-02917100-1329110812_thumb.jpg

Ok, so yesterday i removed the whole aircon system. Pain in the ass to get one of the bolts off the pump, but with

alot of swearing managed to pry it off.

After that i installed the hks oil cooler kit, pretty straight foward. With the aircon removed, i decided to

mount it in front of the radiator for now. Gives me more space to utlize my brake ducts.

Also fitted a carbon headlight duct to get a bit more air in to the filter. Wasn't a perfect fit, but it will do. I'll see how it goes.

Today, removed the washer bottle and lines, the rear wiper assembly, which by the way carries alot of weight.

Then removed the seats, stripped the interior down to the dash and front 2 seat belts.

Tomorrow i'll go get some dry ice and start on that bitch of a job that is sound deadening :(

post-3412-0-37406500-1329272835_thumb.jpg

post-3412-0-11783800-1329272876_thumb.jpg

post-3412-0-16635800-1329272921_thumb.jpg

post-3412-0-70776300-1329272947_thumb.jpg

post-3412-0-74911800-1329273011_thumb.jpg