SAU Community

33 Gtst Street/track Car

hello all

This is my latest r33 i recently purchased of a member from ACT. I've owned a couple 33's a few years back, but they were purely street cars. Had a 32 which i did a couple track days in and deca, and that pretty much got me hooked. For the last few years i've been out of the scene due to work circumstances, but now want to get right back into it.

My goal for the car is for the moment to keep it street rego'd, not that i drive it around much anyway. Want to get to know the car on the track, so not too many performance mods are going to happen till i get a feel for the car as it is.

Looking at doing some super lap events, club events and perhaps a stage or two in the atc too.

So this is the car as I bought it.

Full 3" Turbo back exhaust (Titanium from cat back!)

Nismo FMIC

HKS Super Sequential BOV

Blitz Airpod

Oil Catch Can

JJR Coilpacks

Chipped ECU

Suspension:

HSD type HR Coilovers

Front Sturt brace

Lower Control Arms

Tie Rod Ends

Whiteline Sway Bars

All Bushes Upgraded

HICAS Lockout Bar

Brakes:

DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors

Bendix Ultimate Pads (New front and rear pads fitted 4/10/2010)

Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

Front calipers repainted red

Motul RBF 600 Fluid

Custom Front Brake Air Ducting

Drivetrain:

Kaaz 1.5 way Mech LSD

JJR Single Plate Ceramic Button Clutch

Wheels:

17" Blitz R Racing Wheels

Exterior:

Nismo Front Bar

400R Side Skirts

Adjustable GTR rear wing

Full Nismo decals

Nismo Clear Side Indicators

Interior:

Bride Bucket Racing Seats

Custom Rear Parcel Shelf

Panasonic Head Unit

Pioneer 4-way speakers

A-Pillar Mounted Boost Gauge

Oil Temp Gauge

White Dials

Momo Gear Knob

Apexi Turbo Timer

car03.jpg

With the previous owner it had done 1.08's around wakefield on federal rs's, which isn't too bad for a 33 i guess.

So as said, my goal will be to get to know the car before I start shiny things into the engine bay(although my room is filling up quick) :)

Only thing performance wise for now will be a good set of semi's, pads, and perhaps some suspension tweaking.

so anyway, first things as soon as i got were to get the HKS bov off, a bit irritating, and replaced the pod filter with a standard box and blitz filter, which not surpringly added a bit more response.

Anyway, it came with a full titanium catback, which was awesome, apart from the fact it was too loud for me(i am getting deaf these days).

So it wasn't too hard to get rid off when i offered some dude a straight swap for his fujitsubo twin 2.5 catback exhaust. ANyway, love this exhaust, love the look of it, and very quiet. At idle it's a tad lound, but the more you rev it the quieter it gets.

smallimg0499d.jpg

img0500yc.jpg

Edited by 180_mph

Next i installed a willans tow strap, bolted it into where the bumper supports bolts to the chassis. Hopefully should pull me out of a couple sticky situations which im sure are going to come.

img0502kb.jpg

After that I had my exhuast guy weld the cams tow hook onto the stock tow hook on the rear of the car. Good thing about this is no need for cutting, the tow hook doesnt protrude past the bumper, and i cant take it off when on the street.

img0508kl.jpg

After that got a 3inch RPM harness from revolution racegear, which is just on the drivers side for the moment. Currently bolted into the rear passenger standard seatbelt holes, but in the next week it's getting rego'd as a 2 seater, so the rear will be stripped and will be getting caged up shortly.

img0498mj.jpg

spent a day on the exterior, with a heatgun and a plastic cooking spatula, managed to get the decals off the car. What a bitch of a job, im paying someone to do it next time.

Used some citrus spray to get the glue off, then gave it a quick rinse and polish. Worked quite well.

img0506qa.jpg

Also bought a nismo leather gear knob, cleaned up a few of the gauges on the interior and put a stock dash back in(had one with shitty white dials, driving me crazy)

Anway, i decided to spend a bit of money on some exterior things first.

Bought a second set of these. 17x9 all round +22's

361--vrte37.jpg

These, in carbon

ganador_mirrors.jpg

And this carbon blade

258279d1258547741-ian_gtr_blade03.jpg

Yeah i know, but i like my cars lookin good too :)

put a deposit on one of these, pick it up when i get back up to sydney in a couple weeks.

3037 pro s

post-18250-12516283494612_thumb.jpg

Like i said, i dont really want to do anything performance wise for a while, but this was a damn cheap price, so i just snapped it up and it can sit on my coffee table for the next 6 months :)

• Like 1

And lastly the other day I put in a walbro intank, fitted a new 02 sensor from Kudos Motorsport(thanks guys), changed all the spark plugs to coppers at 1.1mm, cleaned the acc valve/afm, cleaned every connection in the engine bay with contact cleaner too.....runs quite well now

Also bought one of these, just for general use and track use

images_gtr.jpg

Would love to get my hands on an AC Hydraulic jack one day for home use, but a bit too pricey for my budget right now :(

Edited by 180_mph

Good to see you are back in the game!

As much as i love my R32, an R33 GTS25t is such a good thing to just get in and go pretty damn quick and have a load of reliable fun. It looks like a god bus too in silver!

I am hoping to get to Sandown on the 6th, just need to be sure I can get back from Brisbane for that weekend! It is with HSV Car Club if you are interested in entering

put a deposit on one of these, pick it up when i get back up to sydney in a couple weeks.

3037 pro s

post-18250-12516283494612_thumb.jpg

Like i said, i dont really want to do anything performance wise for a while, but this was a damn cheap price, so i just snapped it up and it can sit on my coffee table for the next 6 months :)

they are a very good turbo........

Good to see you are back in the game!

As much as i love my R32, an R33 GTS25t is such a good thing to just get in and go pretty damn quick and have a load of reliable fun. It looks like a god bus too in silver!

I am hoping to get to Sandown on the 6th, just need to be sure I can get back from Brisbane for that weekend! It is with HSV Car Club if you are interested in entering

yeah i did like my 32, but at the price 33's are going for these days it's hard not to resist.

I'm living in sydney for the time being Roy, so i may come down for the odd track day or DECA, but mostly be up there.

I mainly changed it due to not being wanted to be defected for it, but on a car with stockish power, I don't see the point of a pod filter, all it does is suck in hot air(unless boxed with cai).

I've always ran stock airboxes on my skylines, and it seems to improve response down low, must be the cooler air. Mind you they were all mildly modified, around 180-200rwk.

I mainly changed it due to not being wanted to be defected for it, but on a car with stockish power, I don't see the point of a pod filter, all it does is suck in hot air(unless boxed with cai).

I've always ran stock airboxes on my skylines, and it seems to improve response down low, must be the cooler air. Mind you they were all mildly modified, around 180-200rwk.

Ah ok,Im using a blitz pod on mine which already came with the car and I still have to put it over the bloody pits lol

What lcas are you running?

And how do the volks fit in +22's?

Good to see another r33 track car in the making

Don't know what arms they are, look to be possibly JJ.

I'll let you know on the te37's when i put them on later this week. Probably just have to roll the guards, but should fit alright hopefully.

So stayed out in rain putting on the TE37's and ganador mirrors, plus stripped the rear and got it registered as a 2 seater. While i had the wheels off I bled the brakes with some new rbf660 also. I also hate with a passion tyre joints that over torque wheel nuts...broke a bloody breaker bar(shit one) trying to get a couple of the f**kers off!!

img0513pl.jpg

The ganadors, still not decided if I like them. Would look better in silver i think....any opinions. Keep em or get rid of them???

img0514h.jpg

The te37's fit alright, the rear sits quite flush however guard rolling might be needed, will see what happens when i go over a big bump.

The front sticks out, not too much. I have 245's on the front, no camber, and there's not much clearance between the guard and tyre. It also scrubs on half to full lock on the splash guards, so might take them out if it's no issue.

Rear

img0516v.jpg

Front (wheel is slight turned inwards so looks worse that it is)

img0517te.jpg

You can sort of see how much it sticks out from the angle of my finger

img0518mk.jpg

I think those Ganadors look bloody awsome! Although I agree they would look better in silver to match the rest of the car.But if your gonna keep them in carbon I reckon a few carbon dressings here and there to the rest of the car would look pretty good to match them Ganadors.

And I know what you mean about those tight wheels nuts,I also bent a bar once trying to get some gorilla tight ones off.

The wheels look great nice and tough.

Do you think you could fit any larger diameter wheel on the front with a different offset?

You could fit 18's on the front, even with the same offset and width. But with a 245 or greater tyre on there, hmmm...you'd def have to roll the guards and maybe get them pumped, obviously depends how low the car is too.

Mine would sit alot better if I had 225's or even 235 in a 40 profile(the ones on are 245/45).