SAU Community

R34 Gtr Build

What stage pump are you going to be using? On our race car we run a 4 stage pump which scavenges two from the sump pan and then one from the back of the head. We are still using internal draining, though really the ideal would be to weld up all the oil returns and just let that one scavenge do the returning as that would avoid windage induced from oil draining right into the cranks vacuum trail. Has John considered doing something like that already?

Loving this build mate. Keep it up!

Here is a detailed Vid on how the merge of the wastegate pipe will be down. You need to listen to it with full volume and listen to what John has to say.

Awesome stuff!

What stage pump are you going to be using? On our race car we run a 4 stage pump which scavenges two from the sump pan and then one from the back of the head. We are still using internal draining, though really the ideal would be to weld up all the oil returns and just let that one scavenge do the returning as that would avoid windage induced from oil draining right into the cranks vacuum trail. Has John considered doing something like that already?

Interested in answer to this...

Here is a detailed Vid on how the merge of the wastegate pipe will be down. You need to listen to it with full volume and listen to what John has to say.

Always wondered about the advantages of something like that, following the direction of the turbine wheel/exhaust gas rotation.

The further this build goes the more impressed I am with the thought going into it.

Always wondered about the advantages of something like that, following the direction of the turbine wheel/exhaust gas rotation.

The further this build goes the more impressed I am with the thought going into it.

Inducing swirl and/or taking advantage of it is very common in fluid dynamics and effective. Clever.

I am running a 4 stage pump, and yes the ideal way would be to weld the oil drains up , and we did not weld it however we have used bungs for all exept the ones on each ends of the head.

Awesome work Bobby keep it up!

The guys that dont think one man can build something better than a factory need to read the Britton motorbike story.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok,

The latest is the merge is getting cut up to form the shape that John had said on the Vid above i should be able to get some more pics on it tomorrow.

The next step is to install all the Motec system i have done some work in installing it, will get some pics up tomorrow. The other thing i am installing is the zeitronix E85 sensor to determine the concentration of Ethanol.

I should also get some pic of the bottom end as this has been completed.