SAU Community

R34 Gtr Build

Here are some photos of Bobby's RB26 head with porting and modifitcations.

post-75881-0-33080100-1304036543_thumb.jpgpost-75881-0-67611600-1304036595_thumb.jpg

post-75881-0-83311200-1304036646_thumb.jpgpost-75881-0-59465600-1304036699_thumb.jpg

Bob would you like to explain what's been done here?

Thanks

JEM

Not sure if anyone has noticed the exhaust port, the bump has not been cut out, I know everyone out there has cut this out but john has not cut it out?? let see who can tell me why??

Not sure if anyone has noticed the exhaust port, the bump has not been cut out, I know everyone out there has cut this out but john has not cut it out?? let see who can tell me why??

I honestly have no idea, but ill take a stab at it causes turbulence which helps bind the pulse together, so ultimately it will hit the turbine wheel more effectively.

I'm pretty sure my head that Mark done hasn't got that bump taken out either and our head is identical to his Drag car setup, maybe it might disturb the flow of things.

Well the correct answer is, there is a water gallery right behind it if you cut it out your wall thinkness is reduced to <1.5mm think, this was found when we got a rb26 head and John started to cut sections out of it, he has checked the whole head where he could gain more performance from it and at the same time keep away from any thining walls.

You can see it in the below pic

post-49633-0-29685100-1304943472_thumb.jpg

The motec setup see below pics

M800

post-49633-0-92415400-1305027641_thumb.jpg

E888

post-49633-0-28471400-1305027681_thumb.jpg

Ignition Expander

post-49633-0-19446200-1305027740_thumb.jpg

Shift light

post-49633-0-13767600-1305027799_thumb.jpg

M800 - Will run all the factory sensors plus run twin Nismo AFM no Map for tunning. Control diff, trans, and front diff cooling pumps, Dual lambda, custom wiring for 12 injectors all running sequential ,speed controlled Fuel Pump, fuel pressure sensor, fuel temp sensor. E85 analyser for ethanol content (zeitronix sensor), water methanol injection

E888- Will be used for 8 k type thermocouples installed in the manifold runner and exhaust, 4 pressure sensor exit of compressor housing to the plenum. 4 air temp sensors exit of compressor housing to plenum. Compressor wheel RPM,Diff temp,trans temp.

Ignition Expander - this will control the sequential IGN as the output on the M800 are used for the other set of injectors.

Shift light - This has three different colour on each light that can be configured for warnings and shift lights

Motec would have to be one of the best ECU system for a car as you can make it do what ever you want it to. Yes it is expensive however if you want to do it properly then this is the product.

I was very happy that Just Engine Management is a dealer for Motec and Adam at Jem advised what the car needed, i guess this is just the beginning as i am sure i need alot more Motec equipment to complete the car.

• Like 1

The wastegate collector has been slow as John has been busy making the die.

See below Vid

He is making this die so he can beat the pipe into this shape for each of the two wastegates entering the dump to form a venturi. I know this is getting out of control however i guess, him making these things is all a challenge to him also.

post-49633-0-69176500-1305029087_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Been watching this for a while. Its interesting!

I have a Q for you, what size ID are your manifold runners. I dont think it was mentioned before

Aaaahh Yes i did forget to mention the ID for the runner its 1.5 inches

bobby, with motec it doest stop haha by the time i finished with my car it was well into the 30s!! wiring, slm, dash, 1 million sensors it gets up there fairly quickly!!

bobby, with motec it doest stop haha by the time i finished with my car it was well into the 30s!! wiring, slm, dash, 1 million sensors it gets up there fairly quickly!!

Yes i know i was just told today i have to use some special wire "tefzel" for all the sensors with raychem.

Also i dont see anyother ECU out there that can do what i need it to do.

Yes i know i was just told today i have to use some special wire "tefzel" for all the sensors with raychem.

Also i dont see anyother ECU out there that can do what i need it to do.

Awesome build dude keep us posted !

I know of a good ECU "Apexi power fc" does the job for me lol

loving the thread mate. great stuff. I would love to come and talk with john about his ideas one day. he is a fantastic craftsman that's for sure.

I run a motec in my 32 too, not nearly as comprehensive as yours though! but it does run very nicely.

I'll echo some previous thoughts on using an EFR turbo. I have a lot to do with both borg warner and full race at the moment and would be happy to make an introduction? I'm sure they could supply the info john needs to make an informed decision about their product. pm me if interested.