SAU Community

R34 Gtr Build

having met john and spent a few hours(!) talking to him I have utmost respect for the man. he has amazing skills and a brain that operates on another level to most. I have a pretty high IQ but john must be off the charts. Very nice guy too and not afraid to tell what he thinks and usually has very sound arguments to back his opinions too. he has some amazing ideas about a whole range of stuff.

I've no doubt this will be off the charts. I want to go back and ask him some more stuff. just need time for my brain to digest the last bits of knowledge he dropped on me!

thanks very much bobby. I really appreciate the intro mate. and your time too. :)

You lucky duck!

having met john and spent a few hours(!) talking to him I have utmost respect for the man. he has amazing skills and a brain that operates on another level to most. I have a pretty high IQ but john must be off the charts. Very nice guy too and not afraid to tell what he thinks and usually has very sound arguments to back his opinions too. he has some amazing ideas about a whole range of stuff.

I've no doubt this will be off the charts. I want to go back and ask him some more stuff. just need time for my brain to digest the last bits of knowledge he dropped on me!

thanks very much bobby. I really appreciate the intro mate. and your time too. :)

Hey Richard,

Glad that you liked the meet with John.

Yes it does get like that, does take time in digesting his knowledge.

Speak soon

Below pic, I have installed the Zeitronix Ethanol content sensor that gives you the concentration of ethanol in E85 Fuel. This is a must when running E85, last thing you wont to do is give it a hit and you lean out cause the ethanol content has changed, this is connected to a return line. Just Engine management is a Dealer for Zeitronix products.

http://www.zeitronix.com/

post-49633-0-00482600-1307363285_thumb.jpg

Theres a writeup in the Forced induction section if you dont check it often, by a guy who has used that sensor with a Link ecu, a local tuner has got the car running on anything between 98 and E85. Check it out, good read.

Theres a writeup in the Forced induction section if you dont check it often, by a guy who has used that sensor with a Link ecu, a local tuner has got the car running on anything between 98 and E85. Check it out, good read.

Yes very well put together thats if you want to run 98 and E85, what i am trying to do is only run E85 however as you know the concentration varies so we need to know the ethanol contant accurately . Tune can vary to fuel temp also when using E85 i have noticed he has not allowed for that.

Yes very well put together thats if you want to run 98 and E85, what i am trying to do is only run E85 however as you know the concentration varies so we need to know the ethanol contant accurately . Tune can vary to fuel temp also when using E85 i have noticed he has not allowed for that.

What's the plan to alter the mixture of E85 if it is found to be varied from the original tune state? Add denatured Ethanol and/or BP98?

Below is an update of the wastegaste Venturi.

Progress has been slow as John is having alot of problems panel beating the 304 stainless as it needs to be annealed every time he needs to beat it and the time frame is short before it cools.

What do you do with ignition tables in regards to varying ethanol content/fuel mixtures? Add an extra dimension vs ethanol content? Sounds like an absolute mission to get running at an optimum level.

I'd think that the optimum/safe ignition advance would vary widely when you started mixing fuels together, as opposed to making ethanol content based corrections to the fueling table which would correlate directly to ethanol content..

Below is an update of the wastegaste Venturi.

Progress has been slow as John is having alot of problems panel beating the 304 stainless as it needs to be annealed every time he needs to beat it and the time frame is short before it cools.

Looking great!

was at outback steakhouse with him couple nights ago