SAU Community

Installed Yellow Jackets, What Now?

Pr0x1mity

hey guys,

So my problem started with a dead coil. Replaced with yellow jackets and its a bit better, but still not 100%

Any ideas? Is there anything additional i have to do to get them to work? Idles a bit.. chuggy. It shakes a bit like its misfiring but it dosnt feel like its that bad?

Also the engine light is no longer on, so thats a start..

Please help me, i just busted my balls taking that damn thing apart and im really frustrated.

leads,plugs?faulty lead makes my telstar sound like a wrx,with just 5 cyl firing properly.but i'm by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar no expert.oh i meant by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar,no expert.rich.pinch.gif

Edited by GT ARRRGH

drawing from my vast array of knowledge....little,car should run fine with stock ecu.but if you do get tuneable ecu you will get the best out of better induction,spark,airflow yada yada.i'm tryin to help ya but i aints got much knowhow just yet.hopefully one of the uber brains on here will help with diagnosis.:thumbsup: sorry maybe not induction(see i said i aint gots the smarts)insert yokel laugh here.

Edited by GT ARRRGH

Yeah im not sure my self. Im running stock ECU, Is that alright? Its an N/A also.

I might have to get the mechanic to have a look at it.. domokun.gif

a good auto sparky may be of service too.

leads,plugs?faulty lead makes my telstar sound like a wrx,with just 5 cyl firing properly.but i'm by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar no expert.oh i meant by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar,no expert.rich.pinch.gif

Leads in a coil over spark system?

Check your plugs, probably wouldnt hurt to replace them, reset the ECU (Unplug battery and hold brake down for a bit then plug it back in... Should only do this with a stock ECU) Clean AFM, give everything a good check over etc

looks like he has an r34. so no ignitor. it's built in to the coilpacks isnt it?

i'd check the wiring harness that plugs into your coil packs. make sure it's all good... as well as check / replace your spark plugs etc.

Edited by Munkyb0y

looks like he has an r34. so no ignitor. it's built in to the coilpacks isnt it?

i'd check the wiring harness that plugs into your coil packs. make sure it's all good... as well as check / replace your spark plugs etc.

+1 if the looms/wiring are hard and stiff, there's a likely problem. Should be supple and flexible - opposite to a Fap.

Checked the coils, tightened them up and checked loom.. It looks alright..

Dunno what it could be! :(

As a few ppl have said - change the plugs. Its simple and cheap, so its the most sensible next step. Post up photos of the plug tips so we can have a look.

As a few ppl have said - change the plugs. Its simple and cheap, so its the most sensible next step. Post up photos of the plug tips so we can have a look.

+1

Not exactly hard, should have been the first thing u did really

Also make sure the crank angle sensor hasn't moved. If the timing is way out it will be rough.

The who what? How?

Plugs were changed about 3 weeks ago also btw.. they should be alright pirate.gif

The who what? How?

Plugs were changed about 3 weeks ago also btw.. they should be alright pirate.gif

He probably means the cam angle sensor - its the round thing with 3 bolts holding it on at the front, just to the right of the RB25 logo on the cam sprocket cover. You need a timing light to check it.

Have you located the misfiring cylinder? Have you moved the coilpack then spark plug to see if the missfire follows?

He probably means the cam angle sensor - its the round thing with 3 bolts holding it on at the front, just to the right of the RB25 logo on the cam sprocket cover. You need a timing light to check it.

Have you located the misfiring cylinder? Have you moved the coilpack then spark plug to see if the missfire follows?

Got a pic? lol still not 100% sure.

• 2 weeks later...