SAU Community

Gtr 4 Inch Exhaust?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

800hp at the wheels on stock engine he says.....not to take anything away from him but maybe the American dyno's playing tricks again. 596kw at the wheels on stock engine...

Also lol at the cam specs; 290IN and 280 EX

I dont know much about Apexi turbo's; Whats Twin RX6's good for hp wise?

EDIT: It's running 35psi and C16 haha, hardly a comparison or example for this thread

far out thats expensive for an exhaust.

my 4" system was heaps cheaper than that.

dump was about $400

cat was $200

cat back was $1200 from memory including custom made stock looking muffler

mid muffler was $200

then i also got a 4" cannon for the track from america for $150 delivered

when the stock look muffler is on it isnt realy any louder than the majority of 3 " systems

As it was mentioned earlier the racepace mufflers are really expensive as they are hand custom built by the team there to keep the flow characteristics of a large exhaust but have them sound super quiet. They only make them when asked to build a full exhaust they wont sell you a muffler etc. They said they only started doing it to look after their customers that wanted big power but very quiet for certain track restrictions and they couldnt find anything off the shelf that did the job.

far out thats expensive for an exhaust.

my 4" system was heaps cheaper than that.

dump was about $400

cat was $200

cat back was $1200 from memory including custom made stock looking muffler

mid muffler was $200

then i also got a 4" cannon for the track from america for $150 delivered

when the stock look muffler is on it isnt realy any louder than the majority of 3 " systems

So how loud is yours @ 5100rpm (stationary car)???

Saying it's not "really any louder" isn't really useful information, especially if it's 96dB+ cause thats farken loud and you will get noticed.

Thats not bad (and less that Paul was quoted), considering the effort that goes in, there's no reducers, it's tucked up to the body, quiet and flows bigtime - what else could you want from an exhaust really

Yea true ive emailed em back with a bunch of questions. If that price is with everything from the dumps to the tip its not bad, be nice if it was in ti hehe

Im in canada atm so cant really call, so ill wait for the email back to and c

Not sure how loud it is at 5100 rpm. But driving side by side with my brothers 200sx with full 3" exhaust, mine is no louder then his is n his is not very loud at all.

So that's the only comparison I can give.

For those who have the racepace systems; do they give you the luxury of choosing the style of tip and muffler? EG extra protrusion on the tip, angle cut, single or twin tip etc

For those who have the racepace systems; do they give you the luxury of choosing the style of tip and muffler? EG extra protrusion on the tip, angle cut, single or twin tip etc

Yes. Twin tips FTW. If you are down in VIC and are ever at a track day/DECA, the RP boys more often than not have twin tips so it looks more 'standard' looking.

I got a quote from Chris this time last year. From dumps back is was $4,650. If you have ever heard their 4 inch systems you can appreciate the work that goes into those babies. My twin 3 inch RP system seems a little louder on idle, but from inside the car when giving it hell all you can hear are the turbo's going nuts.

Wow, if might be time for a career change!